Comments
81 - 100 of 137 Comments Last updated Jul 7, 2013
Tabitha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#133
Mar 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Most of this is not gossip. He is in a little trouble, but nothing that I know so far to make him a bad doctor. Just made some poor decisions. At least that is what I know at this point. The fact is, even though we are all human, we put some people up to a higher standard like doctors, priest, ect.. As long as he did not do something to risk the health and lives of his patients or take advantage of his position, we should let him be.
divorce

Channahon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#134
Mar 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

seahorse wrote:
Dr. Nelson WAS a great dctr, w/patients' bst interests at hrt - untl he let his wife's greedy
ambitions take ovr his life. We all hope his life
(personal & prof) improves whn he is free from this crazy, insane bitch. Don't feel sorry for her, in any way! She has made his life a living hell!
I think he is going thru a divorce right now too.
former patient

Clinton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
Mar 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tabitha wrote:
Most of this is not gossip. He is in a little trouble, but nothing that I know so far to make him a bad doctor. Just made some poor decisions. At least that is what I know at this point. The fact is, even though we are all human, we put some people up to a higher standard like doctors, priest, ect.. As long as he did not do something to risk the health and lives of his patients or take advantage of his position, we should let him be.
Thats just it. He did risk patients health and lives. Did you happen to read the comment from the lady whose daughter had to go to drug rehab when he decided that she was no longer to be his patient because of what type of insurance she had. When someone has been on that much medcation for that long and they all of a sudden don't have any to take, IT CAN KILL THEM!!!! All he cared about was serving his own needs and those of his twisted mistress. The way he used his position to obtain what he wanted makes him no better than any other drug dealer and doctors should be held to a higher standard because when they make mistakes they might end someone's life prematurely
Wow

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#136
Mar 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Bird face wrote:
<quoted text> oh Olivia honey, I don't know who is telling you that you are hot but somebody is lying to you. Whomever is lying to this poor girl please stop it before her head that is full of rocks for brains explodes. And he may be screwing you but you're not the only one. You are sadly mistaken. Just because you're a ten cent hoe, that doesn't mean you're a dime piece.
this is too funny!
Blank

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#137
Mar 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

It's not a rumor he surrendered his license. Truth.
Guilty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138
Mar 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Blank wrote:
It's not a rumor he surrendered his license. Truth.
He's guilty
Cynthia

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#139
Mar 4, 2012
 
Is his wife the rude loud mouth that was there, that thought she knew it all? She needs to look in the mirror
divorce

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#140
Mar 4, 2012
 
Cynthia wrote:
Is his wife the rude loud mouth that was there, that thought she knew it all? She needs to look in the mirror
Actually she was the one that was quiet when I was there. Stood off to herself. I'm not sure who ur referring to. I'm thinking and can't place my finger on who it is ur talking about. Hmmmm. Now u have me thinking
tat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141
Mar 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Nelson surrendered his license because he is currently under investigation. He can still write for anything that is not a narcotic. He was believed to be abusing his license.
Hazeleyes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142
Mar 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Actually, I did not see that post. And like I said before, if you can read, is that is all I know "so far." Calm down. Nothing I said should have offended you. And yes, if that is what he was doing, then I agree it was harmful to his patients and he should be punished.
former patient wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats just it. He did risk patients health and lives. Did you happen to read the comment from the lady whose daughter had to go to drug rehab when he decided that she was no longer to be his patient because of what type of insurance she had. When someone has been on that much medcation for that long and they all of a sudden don't have any to take, IT CAN KILL THEM!!!! All he cared about was serving his own needs and those of his twisted mistress. The way he used his position to obtain what he wanted makes him no better than any other drug dealer and doctors should be held to a higher standard because when they make mistakes they might end someone's life prematurely
former patient

Clinton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143
Mar 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Hazeleyes wrote:
Actually, I did not see that post. And like I said before, if you can read, is that is all I know "so far." Calm down. Nothing I said should have offended you. And yes, if that is what he was doing, then I agree it was harmful to his patients and he should be punished.
<quoted text>
I'm not offeded by what you said,but I know that he almost ruined my life b/c he was lax about writing narcotic persciptions. I went through withdrawls for nearly a week before I was back to normal, and it wasn't Nelson who decided that I didn't need the medication,I did. B/c of his actions in his course of treating me I became dependent on the meication and that was only b/c all I had to do was ask and he would wright me prescription on the spot. I don't think you understand the circumstances of ths situation. The DEA showed up at his office to question him. The DEA doesn't investigate minor drug offences, they only investigate serious accusations,and for them to take away his liscence to wright narctic prescripions. "A little bit of trouble" doesn't even begin to cover it.If what has been saidis true he could be charged in both federal and state courts. Also I am offedned by the people who say that he didn't really do anything illegl. WAKE UP, he is in deep shit and people need to stop defending him b/c he is a doctor and "he is being held to higher standard" b/c of his social position. What he had done makes him no better than a neighborhood drug dealer. I can't wrap my head around why some people stil think he didn't do anything wrong. The federal goverment is in on the investigation as I said befor,the don't deal w/petty offenses.
Grammar PLEASE

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#144
Mar 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PLEASE learn to spell before you post! The above post is an indictment of elementary school education.
get over it already

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#146
Mar 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

get over it already wrote:
<quoted text>.
I agree that you really need to get some kind of spell check or something before you get on here trying to talk about other people, lol! All I can say is that if you had any common sense at all, when it comes to medication, especially medication that can be habit forming such as pain, nerve, etc medication, then you should have enough sense and be smart enough not to take it. Just because you are hurting, having anxiety or what ever your problem should be, does not mean to take more than prescribed nor does it mean that you even have to take it as often as it is prescribed. For example, I know several people that have severe back pain that will only get worse over time and because of their common sense of how habit forming some of these medications are they don't choose to take the medication as often as prescribed, they choose to only take it when they are hurting to the point they actually need the medication. So quit blaming Dr's for prescribing medications to help you with your pain or etc. when you choose to take it. Take some responsibility for the choices you make in your life.
former patient

Clinton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147
Mar 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

get over it already wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that you really need to get some kind of spell check or something before you get on here trying to talk about other people, lol! All I can say is that if you had any common sense at all, when it comes to medication, especially medication that can be habit forming such as pain, nerve, etc medication, then you should have enough sense and be smart enough not to take it. Just because you are hurting, having anxiety or what ever your problem should be, does not mean to take more than prescribed nor does it mean that you even have to take it as often as it is prescribed. For example, I know several people that have severe back pain that will only get worse over time and because of their common sense of how habit forming some of these medications are they don't choose to take the medication as often as prescribed, they choose to only take it when they are hurting to the point they actually need the medication. So quit blaming Dr's for prescribing medications to help you with your pain or etc. when you choose to take it. Take some responsibility for the choices you make in your life.
For your information I was a fifteen year old child when I became a patient of Nelson's and had no idea of what harm those medications could do. Also, I did not take the meds more that prescribed or even as much as they were prescribed. I have a chronic disease that causes debilitating pain and there is no cure as well as no proven way to treat it. And as far as the spelling goes you can kiss my ass. Get down off your high horse and get into the real world. Doctors are people who a trained and indocrinated to do what is best for their patients, therefore I had no reason to question his opinions. Keep in mind that they take an oath "to do no harm." I am especially upset about the way he addressed some of his patients medication not only because he is a doctor but because he put himself through medical school working as a pharmacist, not a pharmacy tech, but a full blown pharmacist, so you can't tell me that he didn't know the risks involved. I'm sure there are others out there like me who are just too afraid to speak up, so if I have to be their voice too, I will. Maybe you also need to think twice for getting on here just to bash people who stand up for what they believe in. As far as taking responsibility for my choices, I did just that when I decided to come off of my meds cold turkey because I realized what I had become. You need to understand that I deal with pain on a daily basis. I have pain while blow-drying my hair, brushing my teeth, and walking more thata few feet at a time. This is not because I am lazy it is because my body acts against itself whenever I do anything. Don't feed me this "you should have known better" bullshit because I firmly believe that had you been in my situation, the same thing probably would have happened to you, and if this is a just world and God is real, one day you too will know what its like to wake up everyday knowing that your body is destroying itself from the inside out and there is nothing you can do about it.
Martha Clark

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#148
Mar 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I will gladly post my name on here! Yes, i have heard this disturbing news about Dr. Troy Nelson my self....YE WHO ARE ABOVE SIN,CAST THE FIRST STONE!!! I can not, can you??? I will tell you my husband and me have put my husband's life in his hand more times than i would like to even think about! Even after being in U.K. Hosp. in Lexington, it was Troy Nelson who got my husband up are going!!! Yes, my husdand has coded several times.I don't care what he has done, We both trust him and hope our lives have to never be in any other Dr.s hands..Troy if you are reading this...We love you!!! You have our full support!!!
GetAClue

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

former patient wrote:
Just sayin, you must not have a very good understanding of how the law works in this day and age. First of all, the DEA doesn't investigate someone b/c of a rumor they heard, they already have some type of hard core proof that that person is breaking regulations put into effect for the safety of the public. They don't say "oh, this doc looks fishy maybe we should suspend his priveledges to write narcotic prescriptions. Second, they can't suspend those priveledges until they at least have a reasonable suspiscion that he was doing something wrong. Granted someone is considered innocent until proven guilty when it comes to violent crimes, but breaking federal regulations b/c he thought he could get away with it is a whole other ballgame.
For a person that seems to be soooooo well versed in the modus operandi of doctors, hospitals, and the DEA and has such a handle on how "the law works", let me pose the question to you. If Dr. Nelson is the incompetent D-bag that you say he is? Then why would you be a patient of his for 5 minutes, let alone 5 YEARS? wouldnt you get a clue at script number 10? Is 15 the magic number for you? In summary, either you are clueless to most anything and everything or you are being dishonest. This Dr. is a personal friend of mine for 30 years and I challange anyone to prove that he has done anything malicious. Michael Thompson
Martha Clark

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#150
Mar 15, 2012
 
GetAClue wrote:
<quoted text>
For a person that seems to be soooooo well versed in the modus operandi of doctors, hospitals, and the DEA and has such a handle on how "the law works", let me pose the question to you. If Dr. Nelson is the incompetent D-bag that you say he is? Then why would you be a patient of his for 5 minutes, let alone 5 YEARS? wouldnt you get a clue at script number 10? Is 15 the magic number for you? In summary, either you are clueless to most anything and everything or you are being dishonest. This Dr. is a personal friend of mine for 30 years and I challange anyone to prove that he has done anything malicious. Michael Thompson
Ty Michael!!!
former patient

Clinton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#151
Mar 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

To mrs martha clark, good to know that your husband is up and going, but be careful how much faith you place in the good doc. and to michael, when you have something wrong with you that most doctors haven't heard of it's kinda hard to find one. Therefore, I didn't have a whole lot of options to choose from for an MD. Also, when you are a patient of a doctor, you tend to put alot more faith and trust in your docs hands, case in point,the above mentioned mrs. martha. Being a friend is one thing, but its limits your objectivity of a situation, almost similar to being a patient of a doctor who does little things that seem odd but you aren't able to put it all together until you are no longer being treated by that particular physician. Oh, and by the way, good job with the big legal terms, but saying that he hasn't done anything wrong because you're his friend doesn't mean that there hasn't been harm done, I'm glad you have such faith in him, but unti you are able to see all sides of an argument, don't put in your two cents, k??
lol

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152
Mar 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Why are you telling someone not to but their two cents in. When you put stuff all over Topix. I think there is alot more to your story then you are letting us know. You got hooked on pills you may still may be because you are not taken any responsibity of your action. You and Your parents was around you everyday. A doctor can only go by what they are told. When he seen you had a problem he took you off of them. That was good think. He is my mom doctor she first started going to him couldn't get out of bed or do anything for herself. Now she is up running around like she use to even a little better then before. It took everyone working together but Dr. Nelson and his PA's was a big part of it.
Martha

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153
Mar 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I also believe theres more to Former Patients story. First of all Former patient, it was not God or Troy Nelson that chose for you to become a drug addict!! It was your choice and yours alone, so dont go blaming other people for your weak mind!!! I think we are all pretty tired of your ho-hum story!!! I hope you were able to stay off drugs but in my opinion you still are! God help you and i will pray for you! But why try to pull a wonderful doctor with you??? I have seen no neg. post on here about Dr. Nelson, but yours!!! And yes i will continue to put my two cents worth in!!! Thank you very much!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Paducah Forum right now

Search the Paducah Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Where is Nora Cox? 35 min Toto 15
Clint Fisher Local singer 57 min well 11
Paducah Power Bill Just Soared to 600$ 2 hr well 29
stop China avoid buying China made products 2 hr george 5
Review: Henry Petter Supply 3 hr smoker 5
tina n durell 3 hr tlodatoof 1
New Downtown Hotel 3 hr Dreamer 15
whats the best free porn site (Feb '11) 4 hr Whodis 118
WPSD - omg 5 hr watcher. 35
Rumor at James 13 hr Boo 9
•••
•••
•••
Paducah Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Paducah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Paducah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Paducah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paducah
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••