todd megibow supposedly found dead in...
psychicstalker

Murray, KY

#62 May 24, 2012
Shelly wrote:
Jewish beliefs regarding burial differ depending on whether one is an Ultra Orthodox Jew, an Orthodox Jew, a Modern Orthodox Jew, a Conservative Jew, or a Reform Jew.
Good point. I have no idea which Jewish community he belonged to.
psychicstalker

Murray, KY

#63 May 24, 2012
Shelly wrote:
There has been no official statement that Tod Megibow's death was suicide. He may have had a massive heart attack or stroke. Perhaps it would be good to stop speculating on his manner of death. The way he lived his life was more important, and I knew him to be a good and kind man.
Totally agree on the first part of that but I disagree on the second part of that especially if they turn up any evidence that it was a homicide. Fact is we just don't know right now. I am just in shock he is gone.

Since: Apr 12

Santa Barbara, CA

#64 May 24, 2012
it was self inflicted gun shot wounds. its sad that he is gone i can only imagin the pain my prayers r with you all.
Scott

Benton, KY

#65 May 24, 2012
not wrote:
<quoted text>
Since he Jewish they will not do an autopsy because from what I understand is aginst their beliefs unless absolutely necessary.
If the coroner orders it, doesn't matter what your beliefs are. Why don't y'all leave it alone?
LaFemme Garce

Paducah, KY

#66 May 24, 2012
Tod was a great friend and the best lawyer in Paducah. He has saved me from myself many times. I hope he finds peace and no pain.

He is gone but will not be forgotten.
He left this world that is so rotten,
Finally found the peace he must have craved.
I wish he could have found another way.
But his wishes I respect and don't need to understand,
All any of you need to know is Tod Megibow was a damn good man!!
Be respectful and honor his good deeds in life not the worse,
And if you hated him, guess you should have hired him first.
Tod I will rememeber you everytime I use a F.L.Y.N. Be at peace my friend and thank you for being such a great friend since I moved back to Ky. If anyone knows his funeral arangements please post it.
Bobby

Paducah, KY

#67 May 24, 2012
just me wrote:
she just said it was a self inflicted gun shot wound...
We typed at the very same time. Felt dumb after noticing
Stan

Benton, KY

#68 May 25, 2012
I'm very saddened by the fact that he had all these great friends, yet none of them noticed how very depressed he obviously was.
Boilercard

Paducah, KY

#69 May 25, 2012
I met with Tod just last week. He was surposed to be in court with me Tuesday. I loved this man. He was fun, just to sit around and shoot the shit with. My neighbor, who works at the courthouse, told me that he took his own life, and left a note. No matter what happened, RIP, my dear friend!
Datr

Paducah, KY

#70 May 25, 2012
Thats said for him
whatever

Paducah, KY

#71 May 25, 2012
psychicstalker wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting because if he committed suicide then he is outside of Jewish belief and will be excluded from a lot traditional burial customs anyway but the only sure way to confirm what actually killed him is an autopsy. So I guess if there is no autopsy that confirms death by suicide, then I guess he is not outside of Jewish belief, and therefore should not be excluded from any of the traditional Jewish customs which includes to be buries in a Jewish graveyard. The corpse of a Jewish person who commits suicide can be excluded from being buried in a Jewish graveyard and many other funeral rites. I have a hard time believing Tod committed suicide because Tod was not ashamed of his jewish-ness at all.
Burial is taking place in the Temple Israel so maybe they have changed their customs on suicide, of course, I still find it hard to believe that he did this so I am not saying he did or didn't.
whatever

Paducah, KY

#72 May 25, 2012
Meant to say the Temple Israel cemetery out in Lone Oak. My fingers were typing faster than I meant them too.
Interesting

Paducah, KY

#73 May 25, 2012
I heard today...from a pretty reliable resource, that the self inflicted gunshot was through the heart and there was a note left.
Really

Metropolis, IL

#74 May 25, 2012
Could that source have been the Paducah sun?
so

United States

#75 May 25, 2012
Interesting wrote:
I heard today...from a pretty reliable resource, that the self inflicted gunshot was through the heart and there was a note left.
I heard from good source that's true and his gf had to witness it all because he tied her to chair in the office and she couldn't get free!
Really

Paducah, KY

#76 May 26, 2012
Did your source tell you he and his girlfriend had been broken up for several months? Maybe your source was there! You people want to speculate this or that, who did it, why, bottom line is someone was distraught or distressed from whatever his reason, and he took his life. Quit making up lies to get attention for yourself. If you don't know it to be fact, keep it to yourself. Rest in Peace Tod, You Will Be Missed!
i hear

United States

#77 May 26, 2012
Really wrote:
Did your source tell you he and his girlfriend had been broken up for several months? Maybe your source was there! You people want to speculate this or that, who did it, why, bottom line is someone was distraught or distressed from whatever his reason, and he took his life. Quit making up lies to get attention for yourself. If you don't know it to be fact, keep it to yourself. Rest in Peace Tod, You Will Be Missed!
actually my source was there that morning and his girlfriend ex or not was there.
Kase

Paducah, KY

#78 May 26, 2012
I heard there was someone tied up to
whatever

Paducah, KY

#79 May 26, 2012
unless you can name names than all the source is a rumor and this to me is talking ill of the dead. It needs to stop, Paducah lost a fine attorney. All the lawyers have said they would have rather have him on there side than be against him in court. Regardless of what anyone thought of him, he must have been in some type of pain that none of us could even fathom. I was proud to call him a friend.
Really

Paducah, KY

#80 May 26, 2012
So your source was inside the office when the secretary found him? All you're doing is spreading more rumors if you cannot offer any proof. Maybe you enjoy spreading rumors, but the rest of us aren't going to stand by and have a good man's legacy ripped apart on account of gossip mongers!
Bobby

Paducah, KY

#81 May 26, 2012
This is a very sad example of how you just never know whats going thru someones mind. Ive battled depression my whole life and sometimes wonder if it will ever get any better. The medications out there for it are dangerous and can make things worse. Tod was my att more than once. He gave his all and we made good friends. May God be with you on your new journey sir!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I wanna watch my girl get get screwed for cash 8 min need some 3
Benefit for Garrett Dykes 26 min whatevaman 1
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 36 min purplelady1040 6,489
~~Song Title Game~~ (Jan '13) 1 hr teensy 3,865
Shannon Reid 4 hr Bac 2
White trash at Cecil clinic today 4 hr Uranass 4
News Homosexual 'Acts' shock students, bring awareness (Nov '08) 4 hr Open thou mind 162
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages