We need Corporal Punishment back into...
true grit

Cunningham, KY

#21 Jun 25, 2012
i have a 9 yr old, agree, it needs to be back in our schools.
disgusted

Columbia City, IN

#22 Jun 25, 2012
Okay glad someone saw in my "justice: school bus monitor bullied" thread that this needs to be reinstated. Like I said this type of behavior wasn't common at all like it is now days. The kids today know there are no consequences for their actions. Well, consequences that they aren't afraid of that is.
momofgoodsonandd aughter

Paducah, KY

#23 Jun 25, 2012
You got that right they know exactly how far they can go. Principals, teacher, bus drivers don't have a chance unless something changes in the "code of conduct" for McCracken Co Schools. I would love to be on that committee
lol

Cadiz, KY

#24 Jun 26, 2012
momofgoodsonanddaughter wrote:
You got that right they know exactly how far they can go. Principals, teacher, bus drivers don't have a chance unless something changes in the "code of conduct" for McCracken Co Schools. I would love to be on that committee
In Kentucky it can ONLY done with parental consent. It cannot be used universally.

Sometimes the ones that need it will not give consent. Or if two students do the same offense, you can paddle one, but have to use a different punishment. That is not exactly fair.

It was banned in 1990-1991. After that it depends on board policy and SBDM policy. Most schools only allow principal to do it that use it.

Paddling had the advantage of immediate punishment. Having to send someone to the designated spanker sort of defeats the purpose.

It is funny that some schools a short distance in TN use it a little more.

We do have lots of kids that have lots of psychological and emotional problems these days.

I think too that some kids today would harm anyone that tried to paddle them. Some parents might too.

Kids today think that they are equal or superior to an adult that they can disobey, disrespect, and abuse them.

A lot of young adults grew up without spanking at school or home. It shows and some of them are parents now.

I think the paddle could cure some situations, but the law ties teachers and parents hands to some degree. People are afraid too.

disgusted

United States

#25 Jun 26, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>In Kentucky it can ONLY done with parental consent. It cannot be used universally.

Sometimes the ones that need it will not give consent. Or if two students do the same offense, you can paddle one, but have to use a different punishment. That is not exactly fair.

It was banned in 1990-1991. After that it depends on board policy and SBDM policy. Most schools only allow principal to do it that use it.

Paddling had the advantage of immediate punishment. Having to send someone to the designated spanker sort of defeats the purpose.

It is funny that some schools a short distance in TN use it a little more.

We do have lots of kids that have lots of psychological and emotional problems these days.

I think too that some kids today would harm anyone that tried to paddle them. Some parents might too.

Kids today think that they are equal or superior to an adult that they can disobey, disrespect, and abuse them.

A lot of young adults grew up without spanking at school or home. It shows and some of them are parents now.

I think the paddle could cure some situations, but the law ties teachers and parents hands to some degree. People are afraid too.
yeah your right but why was it not even an issue 30 years ago and it was a no brainer because it worked obviously because kids didn't act out near as much as you hear now days. I agree I thinks it's the parents now that are refusing to let them punish their own child with a spanking. Well that and people started lawsuits against the school system on certain situation where their child was spanked.(obviously they were a % of legitimate lawsuits in the past primarily because of a rouge teacher)
whatever

Calhoun, KY

#26 Jun 26, 2012
Parents can always go to the school and take care of it for the teachers. There aren't laws saying you can't spank your own child.
Wow

Paducah, KY

#27 Jun 27, 2012
Youve got to be kidding me. All you idiots out there who spank your kids on your own need to take a parenting class. Spanking is the lazy parents way to punish children, put more effort into your kids and you won't have to hit them. I moved to the south recently and I am appalled that this is the social norm here. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Not so

Paducah, KY

#28 Jun 27, 2012
I spank my kids plus take priveleges away. I don't need a parenting class and the teachers here know that we discipline our kids and tel us that our kids are very well behaved. It was not the lazy way out 30 years ago and it is not now. I can totally understand that if a child has been abused that this would not be the correct measure of use to discipline a child but in today's world-kids are not afraid of any measures so using spanking might seem extreme but it might also help when the child is younger. Wow- I take it that your parents probably didn't spank you and should have. It is not called hitting, it is called discipline. By the way, I had a lawyer friend who told me that KRS says that parent/s can discipline their child not hit their child. Spanking is a form of discipline not abuse. Heard that a judge told a parent one time to take the child home and spank them, that they needed it.
Yeswedo

Paducah, KY

#29 Jun 27, 2012
Wow wrote:
Youve got to be kidding me. All you idiots out there who spank your kids on your own need to take a parenting class. Spanking is the lazy parents way to punish children, put more effort into your kids and you won't have to hit them. I moved to the south recently and I am appalled that this is the social norm here. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Spanking and hitting are not the same. Most kids don't need to be spanked
lol

Dunmor, KY

#30 Jun 27, 2012
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah your right but why was it not even an issue 30 years ago and it was a no brainer because it worked obviously because kids didn't act out near as much as you hear now days. I agree I thinks it's the parents now that are refusing to let them punish their own child with a spanking. Well that and people started lawsuits against the school system on certain situation where their child was spanked.(obviously they were a % of legitimate lawsuits in the past primarily because of a rouge teacher)
Society has changed. It is all about rights even though everybody walks on other peoples rights to assert their rights.

Society now thinks a spanking is so bad and the worse thing. There are things worse than a spanking.

We live in a society where nothing is anyones fault, because of some excuse. We are a blaming society.
ann

Wingo, KY

#31 Jul 1, 2012
Yeswedo wrote:
When was this taken out of our school systems and how do we get it back
I agree 100%
Logan

Kevil, KY

#32 Jul 4, 2012
I agree totally wrote:
<quoted text> the people's voice needs to be heard! The board is working for us!!!! And they need to know that!
They are supposed to be working with us but not very many people are happy about consolidation and they did that any way. They just make it look as if they care what the community thinks then they do as they please.
Just Sayin

Henderson, KY

#33 Jul 5, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Society has changed. It is all about rights even though everybody walks on other peoples rights to assert their rights.
Society now thinks a spanking is so bad and the worse thing. There are things worse than a spanking.
We live in a society where nothing is anyones fault, because of some excuse. We are a blaming society.
You are right, we are a blaming society, which is why the schools won't touch the corporal punishment thing anymore. True, a parent could sign consent, but then if their kid got spanked they could still sue and tie up alot of money and time even though they signed a form.

It's not worth it to the schools to even go there. Of course, back in the day when paddling was okay, a kid knew if he got paddled at school he was going to get worse at home. Those days are over...spoiled brat kids think they are entitled to everything even though they act like sh#ts and their parents back them up.
Crispus Attucks

Paducah, KY

#34 Jul 5, 2012
whatever wrote:
Parents can always go to the school and take care of it for the teachers. There aren't laws saying you can't spank your own child.
You are so wrong. A principal put a huge bruise on my child before paddling was made illegal. I went to the county attorney and he WOULD NOT give me a warrant for his arrest.I asked him what would happen if I put a bruise like that on my child. He said I would be arrested for abuse. I went back to the school and told the principal that if he ever touched my child again he would be one sorry person. He never touched him again. NOBODY is touching my kids. Teachers, principals and bus drivers are out of control themselves. You people who want your kids hit by psycho freaks are crazy.
omg

United States

#35 Jul 5, 2012
Crispus Attucks wrote:
<quoted text>You are so wrong. A principal put a huge bruise on my child before paddling was made illegal. I went to the county attorney and he WOULD NOT give me a warrant for his arrest.I asked him what would happen if I put a bruise like that on my child. He said I would be arrested for abuse. I went back to the school and told the principal that if he ever touched my child again he would be one sorry person. He never touched him again. NOBODY is touching my kids. Teachers, principals and bus drivers are out of control themselves. You people who want your kids hit by psycho freaks are crazy.
Paddling is not illegal
growup

United States

#36 Jul 5, 2012
Crispus Attucks wrote:
<quoted text> You are so wrong. A principal put a huge bruise on my child before paddling was made illegal. I went to the county attorney and he WOULD NOT give me a warrant for his arrest.I asked him what would happen if I put a bruise like that on my child. He said I would be arrested for abuse. I went back to the school and told the principal that if he ever touched my child again he would be one sorry person. He never touched him again. NOBODY is touching my kids. Teachers, principals and bus drivers are out of control themselves. You people who want your kids hit by psycho freaks are crazy.
and it is parents like you who bitch that you want the teachers to teach the kid things that you the parent need to teach. Your problem is you want to blame everyone but yourself when your little darling is failing school.
Yeswedo

Paducah, KY

#37 Jul 6, 2012
Crispus Attucks wrote:
<quoted text> You are so wrong. A principal put a huge bruise on my child before paddling was made illegal. I went to the county attorney and he WOULD NOT give me a warrant for his arrest.I asked him what would happen if I put a bruise like that on my child. He said I would be arrested for abuse. I went back to the school and told the principal that if he ever touched my child again he would be one sorry person. He never touched him again. NOBODY is touching my kids. Teachers, principals and bus drivers are out of control themselves. You people who want your kids hit by psycho freaks are crazy.
People like you is whats wrong with this world today. It would be interesting to know what your precious little sweetheart did.
growup

Paducah, KY

#38 Jul 6, 2012
Yeswedo wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you is whats wrong with this world today. It would be interesting to know what your precious little sweetheart did.
I agree yeswedo. I am sure he thinks his kids are perfect angels when in fact they probably deserved the spanking and then what to blame the teachers when his kids don't pass a subject because they failed to do the work or turn in the homework.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#39 Jul 6, 2012
People need to discipline their own children. If youre looking for someone else to paddle or discipline your child then I would say you don't need to have children in the first place. It's nobody elses job but your own to discipline your child. You people that are saying something is wrong with the parents that are against this a are truly idiots. when you drop your child off at the mall for them to babysit for you do you expect them to paddle your child if they do something wrong? If your child is staying with a friend and they get out of line to you expect the parent of their friend to paddle your child? I very not. Learn how to be a parent to your child and not a friend to your child and you wouldn't need someone else to discipline them for you.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#40 Jul 6, 2012
I bet not... Not I very not... Stupid phone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paducah's new Mayor 1 min Etcetera 36
Massage 8 min Keep looking 15
Catfish Kitchen 18 min Closing soon 4
Strathmoor blvd 34 min Nicki 1
the defiant crew motorcycle club...more info (Nov '10) 45 min Bunny 223
i get a reply notice and where is it at 2 hr Tommy tutone 3
Hair stylist selling drugs out of her shop 2 hr Tommy tutone 7
Americans must embrace Muslim heritage 2 hr RD Calhoun - Cadiz 80
Rolling Hills 6 hr MemberToo 6

Paducah Jobs