U.S. Navy to build Submarine Base in ...
Clouseau

White Plains, KY

#21 Aug 28, 2012
A new SUB shop makes sandwiches not submarines LOL
joe

Paducah, KY

#22 Aug 28, 2012
perfect location??? yah, ez ocean access!
crabpeople

Murfreesboro, TN

#23 Aug 28, 2012
No way! I work for the taxi service...picked up some military folk over at Barkley. They looked like they were Navy I think. I dropped them off downtown...said they had some meeting to go to. This could be why.
Sandrea

Murfreesboro, TN

#24 Aug 28, 2012
I can't wait!!!! Thank you so much Senator Mitch McConnell!!! Screw Obama....we got Mitch on our side!
redneck

Paducah, KY

#25 Aug 28, 2012
are yall crazy? what in gods green earth does paducah ky offer the us.navy. nothing!!bad location,bad management,corrupt police dept.ect.... i say son i say dont count ur chickens before the eggs hatch.(leghorn foghorn)
bob

Paducah, KY

#26 Aug 28, 2012
redneck wrote:
are yall crazy? what in gods green earth does paducah ky offer the us.navy. nothing!!bad location,bad management,corrupt police dept.ect.... i say son i say dont count ur chickens before the eggs hatch.(leghorn foghorn)
Foghorn Leghorn!!!!!~ show some respect!!
Unity

United States

#27 Aug 28, 2012
If this is true, Probally a place that will make parts for submarines. I don't think Ohio river is deep enough to support Submarines and Barge traffic together. They will hit each other. Unless the Submarines will be carry on Flat bed barges to the Ocean for deployment. Personally I think it's Here say.
Admiral Master Bates

Paducah, KY

#28 Aug 28, 2012
Its true, we are comming to Paducah! There will be semen everywhere!
Bahaha

Nashville, TN

#29 Aug 28, 2012
Admiral Master Bates wrote:
Its true, we are comming to Paducah! There will be semen everywhere!
Too funny!
I think it is

Dunmor, KY

#30 Aug 28, 2012
Unity wrote:
If this is true, Probally a place that will make parts for submarines. I don't think Ohio river is deep enough to support Submarines and Barge traffic together. They will hit each other. Unless the Submarines will be carry on Flat bed barges to the Ocean for deployment. Personally I think it's Here say.
Some deeply disturbed individual, mostly posting to himself, because he got tired of the Lane Rd posts. He needs to take his meds or up the dose.
Unity

United States

#31 Aug 28, 2012
I think it is wrote:
<quoted text>Some deeply disturbed individual, mostly posting to himself, because he got tired of the Lane Rd posts. He needs to take his meds or up the dose.
It's better to burn out than to fade away.
interested

Paducah, KY

#32 Aug 28, 2012
It's roughly 1000 miles from Paducah to the gulf by river. I call BS. If it is true, it will be a huge waste of taxpayer dollars. Not to mention that I don't think the river is deep enough for the draft on a sub.
tanx

Washington, DC

#33 Aug 28, 2012
I am ex navy, ex special warfare, ex special operations. The only thing paducah has to offer the U.S. Navy is enriched uranium to fuel the nuclear powerplants in the subs. I also submit that most of these posts are by the same individual.
tanx

Washington, DC

#34 Aug 28, 2012
I wouldnt pin too many hopes on such rhetoric.
tanx

Washington, DC

#35 Aug 28, 2012
The distance from any accessible port to the open ocean precludes any readiness for deployment by any submarine, let alone the many locks that would impede expediting quick response and deployment by these vessels. We may supply the uranium, but I doubt seriously it will ever go beyond that.
Unity

United States

#36 Aug 28, 2012
tanx wrote:
The distance from any accessible port to the open ocean precludes any readiness for deployment by any submarine, let alone the many locks that would impede expediting quick response and deployment by these vessels. We may supply the uranium, but I doubt seriously it will ever go beyond that.
I agree, That makes the most logical sense. That would be good for Paducah to contribute to the nuclear submarine program. My brother was on the USS Lincoln, I got to take a tour of the ship when it was station in California back in the early 90's
Davy Jones

Kevil, KY

#37 Aug 29, 2012
I'm hearing now hollywood will be making the next generation of Godzilla movies right here in Paducah. And they are to build a dam here starting at the flood wall, also I heard Or Ida was going to build a farm and grow tator tots for the starving people in Chicago and Detroit, and get this while repairing duck island they found a secret missile base.....
jed

Paducah, KY

#38 Aug 29, 2012
Davy Jones wrote:
I'm hearing now hollywood will be making the next generation of Godzilla movies right here in Paducah. And they are to build a dam here starting at the flood wall, also I heard Or Ida was going to build a farm and grow tator tots for the starving people in Chicago and Detroit, and get this while repairing duck island they found a secret missile base.....
Wow....I heard the very same thing!!!
bob

Paducah, KY

#39 Sep 6, 2012
I see there are 6 subs docked downtown now.
true

Adel, GA

#40 Sep 6, 2012
Davy Jones wrote:
Get your facts straight man!! It's wasn't a missile base! It was the remains of Jimmy Hoffa! God I hate this site. People post poop all the time. Next thing you know some asshat will post something stupid like no Santa or crap like that.
Anyways facts are facts, it was Jimmy Hoffa at duck island.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 20 min Marcus 6,849
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 21 min Marcus 9,925
Parkview closing 49 min TGM 2
Guy with the vehicles? 1 hr Tlo 4
Drug odor questions 1 hr butch 9
Renee Mabry 1 hr Dylan 31
Dakota walden---drugged out dope feign. 1 hr Jane 4

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance