Shooting on 12th street
Hmm

United States

#21 Feb 9, 2013
Who was the man that charged ???
Worse than I thought

Paducah, KY

#22 Feb 9, 2013
Names have been released of the shooter.

http://www.paducahsun.com/view/full_story_fre...
awful

Fox River Grove, IL

#23 Feb 9, 2013
Nicholis Barbee is in jail for manslaughter. It was on the news, and he is on the jail site. Prayers for the family to gt through this. So sad.
family friend

Franklin, TN

#24 Feb 9, 2013
Here wrote:
It was on the news the boy passed away at 8;30 and the mothers boyfriend shot him and being charged with man slaughter
just wondering how you know or where you heard this?
awful

Fox River Grove, IL

#25 Feb 9, 2013
family friend wrote:
<quoted text>
just wondering how you know or where you heard this?
it was on the 10 oclock news.
praying

Paducah, KY

#26 Feb 9, 2013
Everyone knows how the news tells lies so why would any of you believe what they have to say?!?! Yes the little boy did he shot, yes he passed away, but no nick did not shoot him. nick hid the gun thinking it was cleared and the little boy found it. Nick and Maria love those boys and the take better care of their boys than most parents I know! Maybe you should all gets your facts straight before butting in or maybe you could put away the gossip and pray for the family! They just lost a precious baby boy let them grieve! Pray to god that this gets easier for them! I will continue to pray because I cannot image losing one if my children.
Sad sad

Mayfield, KY

#27 Feb 9, 2013
praying wrote:
Everyone knows how the news tells lies so why would any of you believe what they have to say?!?! Yes the little boy did he shot, yes he passed away, but no nick did not shoot him. nick hid the gun thinking it was cleared and the little boy found it. Nick and Maria love those boys and the take better care of their boys than most parents I know! Maybe you should all gets your facts straight before butting in or maybe you could put away the gossip and pray for the family! They just lost a precious baby boy let them grieve! Pray to god that this gets easier for them! I will continue to pray because I cannot image losing one if my children.
If the child shot himself, why did he say he shot him and why is he in jail?
prayers to family

Princeton, IL

#28 Feb 9, 2013
I have a family member who had lost their baby at 2 years old the accusation and the gossip does not help the situation nor the family! accidents do happen allll the time ! Yes everyone has their own opinion on each situation but for the sake of the mother let her grieve and pray that all goes well and if there is any justice that need to be done then leave it to the professionals.
And 1

Paducah, KY

#29 Feb 9, 2013
They are saying it was an accidental shooting,which we at this point have no way in disputing the Police Dept,he could have been arrested due to an illegal possession of a firearm without a permit,or maybe just a normal routine done when incidents like this occurs. My heart felt prayers to all involved,may God be your shelter through the storm !
No excuse

United States

#30 Feb 9, 2013
Question: Why was there a firearm where a 3 yr old could get to it?
And 1

Paducah, KY

#31 Feb 9, 2013
Very good Question,I would like to know the answer to that myself.
Mom who has lost a son

Wickliffe, KY

#32 Feb 9, 2013
I'm like everyone else, looking on here to see what happened. I don't know this young man, but I just checked out some info on him. He is a very loving father and from the looks of it nobody can punish him for this, as much as he already is and will.
Anyone that believes in God, think hard about this, He will NOT take anyone unless it is there time to be with him. Accidents happen everyday and I have lost a son to an accident, but you have to believe God needed them worse.
And 1

Paducah, KY

#34 Feb 9, 2013
I too lost a daughter,and when I saw this young man's face I thought the same thing,no one can punish him as bad as he will himself.. God bless you MOM who lost a son !

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#35 Feb 9, 2013
The step father reportedly accidentally shot the child in the head.

“Living the perfect life,always”

Since: Jun 12

Wherever

#36 Feb 10, 2013
Very sad situation that the little boy passed away. The police had said it was accidental shooting but maybe they change their mind and went with 2nd. degree manslaughter.
Jayda

Mayfield, KY

#37 Feb 10, 2013
I don't understand why he is charged with manslaughter if it's accidental. Was he cleaning the gun or carelessly playing with it. I pray for all involved.
ok

Paducah, KY

#38 Feb 10, 2013
MsMichelle2001 wrote:
The step father reportedly accidentally shot the child in the head.
Ok but why have a loaded gun in the same room as CHILDREN!! Not to
Mention towards the child's head. I'm not saying it wasn't an accident but obviously no one taught him gun safety. Gun should of never been in the same room as the child or pointed anywhere near the child. Accidents DO happen and people make mistakes, and this was one of them. Please learn gun safety!!!!!

“Living the perfect life,always”

Since: Jun 12

Wherever

#39 Feb 10, 2013
News which at best is not always reliable but said that he was in a verbal disagreement with someone and holding the gun. A gun should never be pointed at anyone, even if the person thinks it is unloaded, a person shouldn't point a gun towards someone.
ok

Paducah, KY

#40 Feb 10, 2013
purplelady1040 wrote:
News which at best is not always reliable but said that he was in a verbal disagreement with someone and holding the gun. A gun should never be pointed at anyone, even if the person thinks it is unloaded, a person shouldn't point a gun towards someone.
I agree! If there was a "verbal disagreement" with someone, the children should have not been anywhere near the disagreement. They should of not had to witness their "step
Dad" figure in a verbal altercation with anyone. Especially one that involved having a gun in hand.
jackie

Tucker, GA

#42 Feb 10, 2013
This is truly sad I know the baby's daddy well and plz pray for him and the mother rip lil b

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pamela wooley aka nikki curnel 1 min Nasty 2
Nastiest Cooch In Paducah 42 min Dirty butt central 16
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 43 min DILLIGAF 3,174
Tlo 45 min !!! 128
do women like rimjobs? (Aug '12) 53 min TLO 30
Matt Carter on Dateline 1 hr kytruth 46
New Madrid Fault 1 hr teensy 7
wpsd news anchors (Jul '14) 21 hr Hdddtgjr 82
More from around the web

Personal Finance