Soap

Greenville, KY

#41 Oct 7, 2012
Enjoy it while it lasts cause there ain't gonna be no last stand or final stand come Nov. 13th. Kiss them toobz goodbye while you're at it

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#42 Oct 7, 2012
curious wrote:
I still want to know which officer. Also wonder about the "ride along." was it a date? I don't really think that's appropriate, responding to a disturbance call.
Both Sheriff's Dept. and Paducah Poice Dept. have ride along programs. The person who rides along has to sign a waiver and it is part of riding along that a law officer may have to respond to a dangerous call. The Paducah Police Dept. has a Citizen's Police Academy and one of the things on it is that you have to ride along with a law agency.
Boo

Paducah, KY

#43 Oct 7, 2012
MsMichelle2001 wrote:
Why wasn't he tazed instead of shot? Pepper sprayed?
If someone points a gun at you, a taser is not a very good option.
seriously

Paducah, KY

#44 Oct 7, 2012
who was the ride along person?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#45 Oct 7, 2012
MCCRACKEN COUNTY, Ky.— Kentucky State Police are investigating a shooting involving a McCracken County Sheriff's deputy.

According to Kentucky State Police, a health care provider notified the McCracken County Sheriff's department early Saturday of a situation involving a potential suicide.



Sheriff's deputy Jared Rivera was dispatched to the home on Oriole Lane. Rivera, who had a civilian in the vehicle at the time, went to the door of the home but nobody answered.



According to investigators, the civilian in the Rivera's vehicle saw someone come to the front of the house and show a gun. The civilian notified Rivera who called for back up.



The deputy then got into his vehicle and started backing up. The homeowner started coming down the driveway with a sword and a gun and pointed the gun at Rivera.



According to KSP, Rivera then shot the man. The suspect is listed in serious condition at a local hospital.



The suspect is charged with 3rd degree assault on an officer.
lou

Paducah, KY

#46 Oct 7, 2012
hey lets post this a few more times!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#47 Oct 7, 2012
lou wrote:
hey lets post this a few more times!!
This one posts the name of the deputy! The first one doesn't.
jay

Paducah, KY

#48 Oct 7, 2012
Who was the Guy that was shot? Name been released yet?
KFVS Viewer

Hardin, KY

#49 Oct 7, 2012
Come over to a real news source. Shooter was Michael Lakin age 50

WPSD dosen't know where it shiz last
real news???

United States

#50 Oct 7, 2012
The shooter????? You mean the person shot was Michael L
Onthego

Paducah, KY

#51 Oct 7, 2012
KFVS Viewer wrote:
Come over to a real news source. Shooter was Michael Lakin age 50
WPSD dosen't know where it shiz last
No ! the shooter was the cop, Michael was the one who was shot. Maybe you don't know when you shiz last, lol
KFVS Viewer

Hardin, KY

#52 Oct 7, 2012
Onthego wrote:
<quoted text>
No ! the shooter was the cop, Michael was the one who was shot. Maybe you don't know when you shiz last, lol
my error he was shot by the deputy. Still WPSD sucks

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#53 Oct 7, 2012
curious wrote:
I still want to know which officer. Also wonder about the "ride along." was it a date? I don't really think that's appropriate, responding to a disturbance call.
Officers name is posted in above link

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#54 Oct 7, 2012
Boo wrote:
<quoted text>If someone points a gun at you, a taser is not a very good option.
Yes, IF they point it at you!
here

Paducah, KY

#55 Oct 7, 2012
MsMichelle2001 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, IF they point it at you!
The shooter pointed the gun at the deputy. I think you really need to practice your reading comprehension skills. It is in the article that someone else posted that the shooter pointed gun at deputy so therefore deputy is within his or her power to shoot the person.
Johnny Cockran

Hardin, KY

#56 Oct 7, 2012
Maybe I need to come down and help this poor victim out. He was just trying to show off his new toys that he got. I wanted to the video. If the glove don't fit you must acquit

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#57 Oct 7, 2012
MsMichelle2001 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, IF they point it at you!
MsMichelle2001, pick up a sword and run at a police officer.......PLEASE!!!!
julie

Logansport, IN

#58 Oct 9, 2012
I astounded at the stupidity of these comments...small minds...small....attitudes, my goodness, heaven help anyone of you who may have a friend or loved on in distress, the fella shot needed help...plain and simple, not to be shot. I understand that law enforcement have the right to protect themselves as well. but shot to disarm, disable, not to kill...sort of an act first try to explain later mentality...no justification in over kill...and if you are threatened by a man in a driveway with a sword and you are in your car, or near it, you have no business protecting the community you live in and work for...really??!! perhaps you folks need to discuss some of the other "important" discussions on here such a boobs, fake or real, pot heads, gays, geez...sad state of affairs for you and your community if that is news worthy. Idiots.
lou

Paducah, KY

#59 Oct 9, 2012
julie wrote:
I astounded at the stupidity of these comments...small minds...small....attitudes, my goodness, heaven help anyone of you who may have a friend or loved on in distress, the fella shot needed help...plain and simple, not to be shot. I understand that law enforcement have the right to protect themselves as well. but shot to disarm, disable, not to kill...sort of an act first try to explain later mentality...no justification in over kill...and if you are threatened by a man in a driveway with a sword and you are in your car, or near it, you have no business protecting the community you live in and work for...really??!! perhaps you folks need to discuss some of the other "important" discussions on here such a boobs, fake or real, pot heads, gays, geez...sad state of affairs for you and your community if that is news worthy. Idiots.
hey drooley, crawl back under your rock!!!
Julie

Logansport, IN

#60 Oct 9, 2012
hey drooley, crawl back under your rock!!! again, no words need to be spoken....stupid is as stupid does..Ii think you are on the wrong feed....the small mind, big mouth site is a few topics down,.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
sue ann harper 34 min blk meat 1
PPS Truck Abuse 44 min Fred 14
vanderford loser 45 min truth 2
Kendra lost her kids (Dec '11) 46 min whatever 11
There is only one true church! 53 min Christian 61
Man on the DL with big d!˘ks 56 min Chase 13
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 1 hr Analog man 1,353
Paducah Dating
Find my Match

Paducah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paducah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paducah

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:05 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:05AM
Chargers' Week 12 Preview vs. Rams
Bleacher Report 5:45 AM
Biggest Upsets for NFL Week 12
ESPN12:48 PM
Broncos' Sanders: Hit was legal; ready to go
NBC Sports 1:17 PM
Rams' defense closer to expectations - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:30 PM
Rodney McLeod not fined for hit that concussed Emmanuel Sanders