Excessive amounts of secondhand smoke lingering in County

Sep 11, 2012 Full story: Marshall County Tribune-Courier 40

By David Green Tribune-Courier Reporter BENTON - Marshall County residents "are exposed to very dangerous levels of secondhand smoke," according to a report delivered to the audience at a meeting of the Marshall County Smoke-Free Clean-Air Coalition recently.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Really

United States

#2 Sep 12, 2012
I will be glad when the whole State goes Smoke Free. It's time to stop the ignorance in this State.
Bob

Paducah, KY

#3 Sep 12, 2012
Then you can get started on the second item on your list to bitch and whine about.....
HAHA

Lexington, KY

#4 Sep 12, 2012
Lets see, second hand smoke in the outdoors.

So, it is ok for all the cars and the exhaust to be emitted but not tobacco.

Huff and puff on a cars tailpipe, I would be willing to bet the exhaust would kill you before the second hand smoke does. Hypocricy? Maybe?

How does this county operate, consensus based and to hell with the facts? I get it 2+2=5.

Looks like Agenda 21/Sustainable Development has certainly corrupted this county.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#5 Sep 12, 2012
More like Excessive amounts of drugs!
PlLL BlLLY

Georgetown, KY

#6 Sep 12, 2012
Tobacco kills not pills
Bob

Paducah, KY

#7 Sep 12, 2012
Pills don't kill?...did you mean to say they "don't", or did you mean they "can't"...because that's on my top 10 list of the most IGNORANT comments I've ever seen on topix, and I've seen a lot...just trying to understand so i can avoid any chance of your supidity crossing over into other potentially interesting comments....
Ehh

Cynthiana, KY

#9 Sep 12, 2012
I still think businesses should decide individually whether to allow customers to smoke inside their establishment... but I understand that's not exactly a popular sentiment these days.
I'm not a business owner or an anti-regulation crusader, or anything, I just think it makes logical sense.
HAHA

Lexington, KY

#10 Sep 13, 2012
Ehh wrote:
I still think businesses should decide individually whether to allow customers to smoke inside their establishment... but I understand that's not exactly a popular sentiment these days.
I'm not a business owner or an anti-regulation crusader, or anything, I just think it makes logical sense.
You would think, if this truly was a free country that would be the case. Our freedom is only an illusion.
Really

Clearwater, FL

#11 Sep 13, 2012
It amazes me that people who have to use food stamps to feed their families ALWAYS have the money to buy cigarettes! If you can afford to smoke you can buy your own darn food!
Bob

Paducah, KY

#12 Sep 13, 2012
Correction, I don't think they use food stamps to buy food any more, isn't the current rage trading food stamps for meth and crack?
Really

Clearwater, FL

#13 Sep 13, 2012
Bob wrote:
Correction, I don't think they use food stamps to buy food any more, isn't the current rage trading food stamps for meth and crack?
You could be right. I have never been on welfare nor do I know anyone who has so I'm not up on the current trends. I wasn't even aware food stamps were no longer paper until a couple of years ago!
the truth

Lexington, KY

#14 Sep 13, 2012
The unregulated diesel exhaust is
10 times more harmful.
We're one of the the states that doesn't have limits on car pollution.
Pretty sad Boone gets uppity about that.
Idiot Marshall co

Paducah, KY

#15 Sep 13, 2012
I think we need to do away with automobiles next!
Idiot Marshall co

Paducah, KY

#16 Sep 13, 2012
Take the mcdonalds and waffle house out of Benton also get rid of the dope heads at the same time. .
Idiot Marshall co

Paducah, KY

#17 Sep 13, 2012
Get rid of walmart maybe the mexicans will go back home
Idiot Marshall co

Paducah, KY

#18 Sep 13, 2012
Close down gatti land. Less. Stomach cancer
Idiot Marshall co

Paducah, KY

#19 Sep 13, 2012
Shut down the down Calvert city industrial. More people will leave the area !
Idiot Marshall co

Paducah, KY

#20 Sep 13, 2012
Hey we almost back to cowboy and Indian days now lol. Wait they smoked!
Idiot Marshall co

Paducah, KY

#21 Sep 13, 2012
Really need to do away with tanning beds. And also Ralph Lauren woman accessories Goochy bags and all the extra curricular bill shit that woman like and bring back the iron skillet and fried taters ! And ring bologna ! Now I'm ready to get started!
the truth

Oak Brook, IL

#22 Sep 13, 2012
Ciggs are actually dangerous nowadays because we use gas burning furnaces to dry out the tobacco which causes nitrogen specific bubbles to form. Air dried tobacco is relatively harmless.
Oh yeah, the nicotine is extracted using ammonia, concentrated and made more addictive, then put back in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 6 min jughead lewis Hargis 500
paducah police meat theft incident (Apr '14) 1 hr kardnal 53
Watkins/Bridges for State Rep. 2 hr Willow 96
no strings 2 hr sex slave 7
Parkview Nursing and Rehab (Feb '11) 2 hr Brenda 415
single mom is trash 2 hr Miss paducah 57
young loose women in p town 2 hr Miss paducah 17
Paducah Dating
Find my Match

Paducah Jobs

Paducah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paducah News, Events & Info