Your IP Address Can Be Traced

Posted in the Paducah Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
KnowTheLaw

Versailles, KY

#1 Feb 22, 2011
Why you people sitting on here making random statements about people. You better be well informed; your ip address can and has been traced when harrassing people on here...cyber bullying is against the law. If you're going to use technology you better know what your doing.
lol

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2011
Who gives a shit! Bet nobody gets charged!
Drf

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2011
Wifi spots sure ruins that theory
tech guy

United States

#5 Feb 22, 2011
That is bs. Public wifi, proxy servers, and the ability to change your ip at will. No ip without a court order.
KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT before you get on here misinnformed and talking out of your a$$.
If you don't believe me just google 'who can trace my ip'
haha

United States

#6 Feb 22, 2011
Im at mcdonalds right now what are you gunna do trace me back there?
austin

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2011
Haha what about my iphone. Trace that ip!
wade ball

Columbia City, IN

#8 Feb 22, 2011
haha wrote:
Im at mcdonalds right now what are you gunna do trace me back there?
hey how can i find you ha ha i need to talk to you!!1! very important
track this

United States

#9 Feb 22, 2011
00==========D~~~~~~~

that is my internet penis.....track this....I bet you already have real penis tracks in and around your mouth and anusyoufaggot.
candyland

United States

#10 Feb 23, 2011
Yes you can change your ip address but the Mac address is constant which is the unique address given to a computer, laptop, or cell phone and even when using someone else's wifi they can always go to the homepage for their individual router and to security history and shows any and all Mac addresses that have joined their wifi and at what time. That number can be traced back to the individual laptop or phone. I have done this a few times as despite having wap security password in mine a neighbor managed to ping my router and sign into it using a backtracking method but once I have Comcast the number from my security log it didn't take long for them to give me the exact location of where the laptop last logged in from. So I blocked ping from it and have had a chat with thiq neighbor.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#11 Feb 23, 2011
candyland wrote:
Yes you can change your ip address but the Mac address is constant which is the unique address given to a computer, laptop, or cell phone and even when using someone else's wifi they can always go to the homepage for their individual router and to security history and shows any and all Mac addresses that have joined their wifi and at what time. That number can be traced back to the individual laptop or phone. I have done this a few times as despite having wap security password in mine a neighbor managed to ping my router and sign into it using a backtracking method but once I have Comcast the number from my security log it didn't take long for them to give me the exact location of where the laptop last logged in from. So I blocked ping from it and have had a chat with thiq neighbor.
You can not only fake a mac addr, you can also change them all together, It's quite easy.

And for whoever asked about the iPhone, thats dangerous because unless you are on wifi you can be traced. And to me knowledge there is no way for you to change your MAC.
Know The Law

Gilbertsville, KY

#12 Feb 23, 2011
Trollers_Be_Trollin wrote:
<quoted text>
You can not only fake a mac addr, you can also change them all together, It's quite easy.
And for whoever asked about the iPhone, thats dangerous because unless you are on wifi you can be traced. And to me knowledge there is no way for you to change your MAC.
Troller you think you are smart and untouchable, but sweetie pie you are not. You can be traced. Believe that STUPID
Know The Law

Gilbertsville, KY

#13 Feb 23, 2011
Trollers_Be_Trollin wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, your not smarter than a fifth grader thats for sure...and by the way we know your idenity.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#14 Feb 23, 2011
umadsis?
haha

White House, TN

#15 Feb 23, 2011
You cannot be traced you idiot I mean yea they can trace back to where you used the Internet but that would just lead you to a wifi hot spot, you are truly a retard.

Since: Feb 11

Columbia City, IN

#16 Feb 23, 2011
haha wrote:
You cannot be traced you idiot I mean yea they can trace back to where you used the Internet but that would just lead you to a wifi hot spot, you are truly a retard.
ha hai need to talk to you look me up in facebook!!!! for real send me a inbox. its about your kids!!!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#18 Aug 12, 2012
A IP address can easily be traced, even a forged email address, but only to the ISP. If you want to obtain an individual's address it would take a court ordered subpoena issued to the ISP provider.
june

Nashville, TN

#19 Aug 12, 2012
Chaumette wrote:
A IP address can easily be traced, even a forged email address, but only to the ISP. If you want to obtain an individual's address it would take a court ordered subpoena issued to the ISP provider.
And without major threats no judge will order that!
true grit

United States

#20 Aug 13, 2012
I have said this time and time again on here, YES, PEOPLE, WE ARE AWARE THAT AN IP ADDY CAN BE TRACED, WE GET IT. BUT, no law enforcement will order it done over the petty things that go on here on topix. The people that get on here and say this about every week or so remind me of the kid in 5th grade that would say "i'm taking names" when the teacher walked out of the room.

Now, if there were THREATS that could be taken serious, somehow proven or deemed to cause harm then yes, i'm sure something would be done but NOT over someone saying that you're sleeping with someone or that the service in some place sucks.

CAN be traced and WILL be traced are two different things. PEOPLE CAN be sent to the moon but i doubt anytime soon that's going to happen either.
amen

United States

#21 Aug 13, 2012
Trying to get sex on here is against the law! I haven't seen nothing about anyone getting arrested! People this is a public site!
bunny

Paducah, KY

#22 Aug 13, 2012
Good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Administrator 55 min Jan 1
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 56 min Chanta53 3,207
~~Last Post wins~~ (Jan '13) 1 hr -Prince- 4,754
Booty shorts 2 hr ghetto man 4
Krystal Dial 2 hr Marty Red Wolf 16
Kentucky shores signs on park avenue and Kmart 2 hr Weird 1
Is This judge fair and unbiased? 4 hr b 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages