New Channel 6 Anchor
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
intimidator

White Plains, KY

#1 Jan 23, 2012
Little underwhelming.
wtf

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Jan 23, 2012
On lane Rd?
hmm

Paducah, KY

#4 Jan 24, 2012
There were 2 new ones on there last night. The older one in red jacket was yes, underwhelming. The younger girl looked like she just walked in from a ball game, wasn't even dressed up. I thought she was terribly underdressed, especially for being new. Not a good first impression.

Food4thoughttss

Since: Aug 11

United States

#5 Jan 24, 2012
hmm wrote:
There were 2 new ones on there last night. The older one in red jacket was yes, underwhelming. The younger girl looked like she just walked in from a ball game, wasn't even dressed up. I thought she was terribly underdressed, especially for being new. Not a good first impression.
At least she can read...seems way to professional for this area....won't stay long.
intimidator

Herndon, VA

#6 Jan 24, 2012
Food4thoughttss wrote:
<quoted text>At least she can read...seems way to professional for this area....won't stay long.
I think I heard she came from Akron or Toledo. Probably larger markets. So why step down unless her ratings were not good. If ratings tank here she won't be here long for sure.
hmm

Paducah, KY

#7 Jan 24, 2012
But I should also say of the new one in the red jacket last night, if underwhelming is the worst we can say of her first day, that's not so bad. She did a decent job. Could have smiled, but she made a decent showing. That other girl though really needs to dress better. Shows a way too casual attitude toward the job. Anyone know who she is? Might not have been her first appearance but I didn't recognize her. 20something, long dark hair?
bls

Paducah, KY

#8 Jan 24, 2012
I find her competent and no-nonsense. I prefer that in an anchor. Never was a big Horbelt fan, although many seemed to like her. Either she had uncontrollable giggles over a humorous story, or on the verge of tears with a serious one. Looked like she was acting in a high school play most of the time. Glad she's gone.
Anonymous

United States

#9 Jan 24, 2012
She was from Toledo worked there 16 years and said she wanted to work more than she was at Toledo. Wants more newscast time
Rickman

Union City, TN

#10 Jan 24, 2012
They have different styles. Horbelt was an outstanding anchor. You just didn't like her style. She could get tickled at times, but as for her being on the verge of tears, she was genuine. That is what endeared her to people, she really cares. Laura Emerson is different. She has a great voice, and I think quite professional. She could smile a bit more, and be more warm toward the audience. But it's early yet. Give her a bit of time. It takes awhile to get comfortable at the desk. I think she will be a good addition to WPSD.
paducah

Central City, KY

#11 Jan 24, 2012
I think anyone who could/would speak negatively about Jennifer Horbelt is obviously out of their mind. She was so genuine & sincere. She was an awesome reporter / anchor and obviously Local 6 didn't search long enough for the right replacement. The newscast needs energy perhaps I'm thinking young vibrant energy & I do not see that in Ms Emerson....yes it's a bit too early to judge her just yet, however she doesn't impress me much & I do not believe the viewers in the area wanted that type of anchor. Nor do I think Johnette is a good fit for the morning show. She does a great job on mid-day, however she does not bring the energy to the anchors desk a morning show anchor is normally bringing like Beth Bradley did. Why not let Marissa do the entire morning show w/ Mike instead giving her 30 minutes at the anchors desk?!?!?

Also, it's a shame as much time as Lauren Adams has given Local 6 and she wasn't considered for the evening anchors job! She would of been much better than their choice!
luv Lauren Adams

Owensboro, KY

#12 Jan 25, 2012
Lauren has the charisma needed to anchor in the evening!!! She should have the job!! Shes very pretty too!!!
hmm

Paducah, KY

#13 Jan 25, 2012
I liked both Jennifers. I strongly prefer to watch a smiling, genuine person report on the news than to watch someone who is almost emotionless and robotic. For those who live alone and/or have limited social interaction because of our health, the smiles and playfulness of reporters is a major mood booster.
yep

United States

#14 Jan 25, 2012
hmm wrote:
I liked both Jennifers. I strongly prefer to watch a smiling, genuine person report on the news than to watch someone who is almost emotionless and robotic. For those who live alone and/or have limited social interaction because of our health, the smiles and playfulness of reporters is a major mood booster.
I agree some times that is do much fun to watch
Yep

United States

#15 Jan 25, 2012
That weather chick is pretty hot
Herman Kane

Calvert City, KY

#16 Jan 25, 2012
Wonder if her former hubby thought she was that hot????
cow

Murfreesboro, TN

#17 Jan 25, 2012
Lauren moooooooooooooooo
lady luck

Paducah, KY

#18 Jan 25, 2012
cow wrote:
Lauren moooooooooooooooo
Loo. Mean but true. Horbelt wasn't that great. paducah needs to calm down.
NOT

Paducah, KY

#19 Jan 25, 2012
Lauren is NOT a cow. Just because she is not rail thin does not make it okay for grown ups or anyone else to make fun of her. People gain weight, especially with age and often for medical-related reasons too. I've been through it and am only now at a healthy weight after lots of hard work and health problems. That's not to say I won't gain weight again. And the parents who ridiculed me my entire childhood for every snack before I was ever even overweight, well now THEY are both morbidly obese, so watch what you say about someone else or it might be YOU shopping the plus section next!
Mom of 1

Nashville, TN

#20 Jan 25, 2012
Emerson has done a much better job tonight. Maybe it was just the jitters. I did notice however that when she is reading the monitor they have it too high up and she has to look up to read it.
intimidator

Owensboro, KY

#21 Jan 25, 2012
Mom of 1 wrote:
Emerson has done a much better job tonight. Maybe it was just the jitters. I did notice however that when she is reading the monitor they have it too high up and she has to look up to read it.
just not very interesting or attractive. I think I will start watching KFVS. They have 6 beat all over the place with HD. Great set and graphics. Weather. Better than most big cities. I saw TV in 3 major cities on the last week. I think they look better than any I saw. Shame 6 has fallen so far behind. And now worse. Geez.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rhcc 3 min Observer 2
News ENTITLED Bicyclists by law have right to roads (Sep '14) 8 min average citizen 21
dumpster diving 16 min indirect recycling 3
Tilghman fans 59 min Unity 28
David A arrested 59 min Chandler 11
Heartland Worship Center (Jan '11) 1 hr Ben 94
George W Bush was the worst president ever?????... 1 hr get real 39

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages