Duke

Paducah, KY

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Latest news?
No News

United States

#2 Feb 27, 2013
Same as it always is. Everyone is still working. Everyone that doesn't work there is hoping it closes.
Be informed

Paducah, KY

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Shut that sh*! hole down !!!!!!!
Glue stick

Paducah, KY

#4 Feb 27, 2013
Why do people want used shut down? Wouldn't this area crumble further without it?
No News

United States

#5 Feb 27, 2013
People want USEC to close because they couldn't get a job there and they are jealous of the workforce. That is the bottom line, end of story. Truly sad.
Unity

Tucker, GA

#6 Feb 27, 2013
Nobody wants usec to close. You have to be Stupid to wish that. Usec generate a lot of jobs for other company in the four state region. If usec comes to an end, Hopefully another company will move in sooner than later.
Been There

Benton, KY

#7 Feb 27, 2013
If the Union is involved, it will fail like the last few efforts.
GlowDaddy

Paducah, KY

#8 Feb 27, 2013
No News wrote:
People want USEC to close because they couldn't get a job there and they are jealous of the workforce. That is the bottom line, end of story. Truly sad.
For once and for all, no one wants your job and no one is jealous of you. No one wants the illness and disability that plant creates. No one wants to work in a plant that doesn't take care of its people. No one wants a radioactive nightmare in their backyard anymore, especially after New Madrid decides to wake up and stretch (lots of little quakes past month). No one wants to be hired there and then play this 'They love me, they love me not,' game every year or two. Newsflash, if it remains open, over 1/3 of current workforce will be replaced. That plant is too outdated to remain open. Place needs to close and then it can re-open down the road with a new purpose, younger, more educated, laser-tech savy workforce.
hmmm

Paducah, KY

#9 Feb 28, 2013
And shitcan the union, the driver of corruption!!!
Rexaco

Paducah, KY

#10 Feb 28, 2013
I can see shutting down a union in any situation. Unions are outdated, their purpose was originally to bargain for safety in meat packing plants when fatalities were common due to on the job accidents. Nowadays they just halt progress and steal fro the workers. Rehabbing the plants would bring more jobs in the short term and guarantee many more in the long term. Nuclear facilities and populated areas aren't the happiest of bedfellows, but it provides stability to an area that is notorious for lack of new employment opportunities.
Same Story

United States

#11 Feb 28, 2013
GlowDaddy wrote:
<quoted text>For once and for all, no one wants your job and no one is jealous of you. No one wants the illness and disability that plant creates. No one wants to work in a plant that doesn't take care of its people. No one wants a radioactive nightmare in their backyard anymore, especially after New Madrid decides to wake up and stretch (lots of little quakes past month). No one wants to be hired there and then play this 'They love me, they love me not,' game every year or two. Newsflash, if it remains open, over 1/3 of current workforce will be replaced. That plant is too outdated to remain open. Place needs to close and then it can re-open down the road with a new purpose, younger, more educated, laser-tech savy workforce.
I know I know..... You're so much better and smarter than the outdated usec workforce. This is more of the same old shit. This exact conversation happened last year, and the year before that, and on and on and on. Everyone knows the fate of the plant and the workforce bla bla bla, the plant is closing tomorrow and they are going to lay off a billion people, bla bla bla. Are you as bored of typing this bullshit as we are of reading it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~keep a word drop a word~ (Oct '11) 7 min So what 11
Add a word, drop a word (Sep '10) 8 min So what 1,739
Advice for getting foot in door with IUOE Local... (Apr '15) 8 min Realiest69 26
Someone deleting supervisor stealing from Doe 10 min Lance got last la... 16
Homosexuals 11 min Haha 7
Is Todd Faulkner the Best WPSD can do? (Feb '13) 12 min cereal master baiter 45
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 13 min So what 9,333
Muddeas soul food 8 hr Dmmm 44

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages