medical consumer

Paducah, KY

#2 Dec 31, 2011
Dr. Wiggins ranks right up there with Dr. Burrman...who is gone from the area....as a very poor doctor. If it is medicaid you have...there is a new lady physician connected with Lourdes that accepts it...she is pretty good, I have heard. Also, the Smithland Medical Clinic accepts all 3 medicaid options. I believe Regional Med. Assoc. in Draffenville also takes the medical card. It is a shame that these MONEY GRUBBING PHYSICIANS here in Paducah will not make some concessions and try to take some patients with the medical card as a community service. If they all took some, it would spread the burden around. I know they don't make anything on a medicaid pt., because it pays so little, but it would not hurt them to see say 5 medicaid patients a week. The almighty dollar rules the medical field in Paducah.
Student

Nashville, TN

#4 Dec 31, 2011
medical consumer wrote:
Dr. Wiggins ranks right up there with Dr. Burrman...who is gone from the area....as a very poor doctor. If it is medicaid you have...there is a new lady physician connected with Lourdes that accepts it...she is pretty good, I have heard. Also, the Smithland Medical Clinic accepts all 3 medicaid options. I believe Regional Med. Assoc. in Draffenville also takes the medical card. It is a shame that these MONEY GRUBBING PHYSICIANS here in Paducah will not make some concessions and try to take some patients with the medical card as a community service. If they all took some, it would spread the burden around. I know they don't make anything on a medicaid pt., because it pays so little, but it would not hurt them to see say 5 medicaid patients a week. The almighty dollar rules the medical field in Paducah.
I'm just taking a guess, but I'm willing to bet that the person who posted this is referring to Lourdes Medical Pavilion no longer accepting Anthem as a provider, not a medical card...
Someone from the area

Hanson, KY

#5 Dec 31, 2011
I would find a different dr.
Someone from the area

Hanson, KY

#6 Dec 31, 2011
I absolutely LOVE Regional Medical...they have been nothing but nice and Dr. Perez saved my sons life.
haha

White Plains, KY

#7 Dec 31, 2011
Dr lorch at western takes anthem And is accepting new patients...very good doctor...my whole family goes there...he listens and dies not try to push u into all the meds...I recommend him
no no wiggins

Metropolis, IL

#8 Dec 31, 2011
My child had to see wiggins on a medical card for a few years. And in my lifetime I have seen probably a couple hundred doctors if not more. Wiggins is by far the worst of them all in how he behaves toward his patients. He insulted both me and my child at every visit. It was not just us. We were warned by a friend before we even saw him, but he was the only provider accepting medicaid patients at the time, leaving us no choice. He is a mean, poor excuse for a human being and a less than mediocre physician, although I will give him credit for being good about running routine blood work. That is the only good thing I can say about him. I wouldn't trust him alone with my dog, let alone in a room alone with my child. Avoid him if you can.
medical consumer

Paducah, KY

#9 Jan 1, 2012
I am not speaking about not accepting Anthem. There are plenty of physicians that still accept Anthem, other than the Jackson Purchase Medical Group. I am speaking about the KENTUCKY MEDICAID PROGRAM.....now farmed out into three different administering companies...COVENTRY, WELLCARE AND KENTUCKY SPIRIT. If you have any of these you are relegated to Wiggins or to find someone out of town that accepts the medical card. Personally I would drive out of town to have a decent physician, but I know that is not an option for some.
patient

United States

#10 Jan 1, 2012
my son & I are both on medicaid & I am very thankful to have a family physician for us since medical insurance isn't offered through my job. we both go to the health dept. for some things but when we are sick or have other problems we go to wiggins. he gets us in the same day without having to wait all day in redicare or the er & we have never had any problems. if you are on medicaid & don't have to pay to see your doctor, you should be less critical & more thankful. dr. wiggins is a smart man & a good doctor... we are lucky to have him
no no wiggins

Metropolis, IL

#11 Jan 1, 2012
patient must be one of wiggins' relatives. Wiggins' reputation as a bad doctor is spread far and wide. As unprofessional as it is, many staff at other medical offices and hospitals do share what they've seen and heard. He's bottom of the barell for sure. If someone has been lucky enough to be treated properly by wiggins, it was probably a male patient or an adult male parent in the room with his child. I think Wiggins feels superior to women and children. He certainly treats them worse than dogs.
losers

United States

#12 Jan 1, 2012
How about get a job and buy insurance and have some pride. Instead you live off the government. Live in low income housing and have baby daddy live there for free. Makes me sick.
medical professional

Paducah, KY

#14 Jan 1, 2012
If you are looking for a good doctor here are some: Kyle Parrish, Scott Wilson, Ron Wilson, Danny Butler. I work in the medical field here in Paducah. I have seen most of them. The problem here is that many offices make extensive use of PAs and Nurse Practitioners. While that is ok for some minor things, sometimes you need to see the physician. So....I would insist on seeing the physician the first visit. After all, if you are hospitalized it will be he (and sometimes the others) you will deal with. If there is resistance to letting you see the physician...offer that it is ok if it is not right away...maybe in March or April. If they still put you off...go somewhere else. Wiggins is bottom of the barrel..as the other person said. Also, he is older and probably near retirement age, so you want to establish yourself with someone who is going to be practicing a while. The big internal medicine group has some ok doctors, but now they are not taking Anthem ins. I don't know what type of ins. you have. I feel like they are letting the almighty dollar rule their practice. Also there, the staff is very condescending and never very happy. Looks like it is not a happy place to work. So that is my advice for you. Hope you find a good doctor that you like.
Nurse

Falls Of Rough, KY

#15 Jan 7, 2012
I used to work for him and he talked so much trash about his patients!! If you did not have good ins. he did hardly nothing for you! He I awful!!! I would not send my dog there. I have worked for other drs. that have been soooooo much better and care more for their patients!
momof5

Paducah, KY

#16 Jan 14, 2012
patient wrote:
my son & I are both on medicaid & I am very thankful to have a family physician for us since medical insurance isn't offered through my job. we both go to the health dept. for some things but when we are sick or have other problems we go to wiggins. he gets us in the same day without having to wait all day in redicare or the er & we have never had any problems. if you are on medicaid & don't have to pay to see your doctor, you should be less critical & more thankful. dr. wiggins is a smart man & a good doctor... we are lucky to have him
. My kids and I had to see him when we first moved here. My biggest problem with him is he wouldn't treat the real problems. For example my daughter , who was 9 at the time, had a hernia that was quite easy to see I took her to see him and he said he doesn't see anything and if I see it again take her to the ER. This after even the school nurse called because she was complaining about pain. Needless to say we ended up in thr ER at WBH just a few days later and she had surgery just a few days after that. In other words he wasn't worried about it and she ended up having surgery less than a week after he dismissed her symptoms. There are a million other examples of how he dismisses things but the best way I can put it is I wouldn't take my dead dog to see him... and my dog ain't dead.
for sure

United States

#17 Aug 17, 2012
I used to work for him and I will tell you,he is rude he calls patients fat and is plain down rude,he will take the governments money but wont treat the patient. Then will say they r lazy and for black people to quit having so many kids and they wouldn't have to live off the state. For most of you that don't know,Medicaid pays better than most insurance company's. For those of you that say you would rather see a Dr than a PA,let me tell you them PA's probably know more than the dr's at times. Dr Wiggins has no compassion for human kind. He is a worthless excuse of a drop as he should have in the position he is in and for him to be a Dr as long as he has is beyond me.
jerk

Barlow, KY

#18 Aug 18, 2012
One time was all it took for me. I had flashbacks to elementary school where his mother taught 5th grade. He acted and sounded just like his hateful mother. I don't usually speak ill of the dead, but this woman was brutal, and she treated her son and husband like crap jus like her students. Apple certainly didn't fall far from the tree here.....
yup

Paducah, KY

#19 Aug 18, 2012
He judged me because I wasn't with my sons biological father and said that was why he is sick. Piece of shit.
lol

Nashville, TN

#20 Aug 18, 2012
Wiggins certainly has no room to call any patient fat. Has he looked at his own lard a** family? Wife had to gave gastric bypass and all 3 daughters fat as crap. The whole family is a bunch of loosers in my opinion.
giggty

United States

#21 Aug 19, 2012
who="Someone from the area"]I absolutely LOVE Regional Medical...they have been nothing but nice and Dr. Perez saved my sons life.
i pooted

Nashville, TN

#22 Aug 19, 2012
go sniff dirty tampax and panties and get off welfare you fat thundercunt
for real

Chicago, IL

#23 Sep 17, 2012
He needs to just quit practicing!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Destry Carter (Apr '15) 41 min Deebo 7
Stolen pop up camper 57 min MyKneeGrowsAtKFC 2
Mellow mushroom grand opening 59 min Come on 74
Kendall vs. Tina 1 hr Kyle 4
Beth Barton and Chris Barton what's up with the... 1 hr Realdeal 1
Beth Barton and Chris Barton what's up with eit... 1 hr Yeah ok 1
occunet (Jul '12) 2 hr Truth 22

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance