Debt means Slavery
Obama Debt

Gallatin, TN

#1 Feb 7, 2013
The younger generation is becoming Slaves to the Obama Debt.

The younger generation will work for decades to pay the Obama Debt, and will not see the benefits of a Free and self sufficient Nation like earlier generations of Americans.

A Debtor is NOT FREE>
Obama Debt

Gallatin, TN

#2 Feb 7, 2013
Obama is taking food from the future children and care from the future elderly by creating such a huge debt.

The government said that what obama is doing is unsustainable. Why are we making our children into obama debt slaves? Is it worth it?
RealTalk101

United States

#3 Feb 7, 2013
Agreed. Very few will ever see daylight. I feel for the next 3-4 generations. They will hate us.
Get ready

Paducah, KY

#4 Feb 8, 2013
The won't be worried about Obama debt! Civilwar Survival. Shortage of water food epidemics and disease.!!!! Yes!
Simple solution

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Feb 8, 2013
There is a simple solution to the debt: Put the tax rates on the rich back where they were in President Eisenhower's time.
Get ready

Paducah, KY

#7 Feb 8, 2013
Simple solution wrote:
There is a simple solution to the debt: Put the tax rates on the rich back where they were in President Eisenhower's time.
our government don't think like we do. They all are selfish wealthy people in there that want to fix the world problems with there own idea so they can become the hero of the century! They need to be fired and put home town American boys in there. No woman! We need strong willed men to run this country not just a great speaker !! We need action!! We dnt need the gays to have major headlines for our military it's a god damn shame! And yes I'm a back sliding Christian so I know the moral aspect and know these other super power country's are loving everyminute of our self destructing govt? Get off your asses speak out!
high tax low revenue

Gallatin, TN

#8 Feb 8, 2013
"When the highest tax rate ranged from 91% to 92%(1951-63),... those super-high tax rates at all income levels brought in revenue of only 7.7% of GDP, according to U.S. budget historical data."

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/w...

Raising Tax rates too high actually results in less revenue to the government. Most revenue is collected when the economy is operating at a high rate, when people have money. Taking money away from people means they can't buy much, there is less business and less revenue.
Simple Solution

Hopkinsville, KY

#9 Feb 8, 2013
The key is in your statement "taking money away from people means they can't buy much". What is happening today is that the very rich have gotten so much of the wealth that there is not enough left for everybody else. Result: the vast majority of people don't have enough money to buy things and keep the economy going. The only thing that will remedy that problem is a steeply progressive tax structure that breaks up the accumulations of wealth and redistributes it back down through the whole society.

That's what the tax code did from 1945 until about 1985 - the very time that our standard of living improved the most for the greatest number of people.
Borrowing not earning

Gallatin, TN

#10 Feb 8, 2013
Simple Solution wrote:
The key is in your statement "taking money away from people means they can't buy much". What is happening today is that the very rich have gotten so much of the wealth that there is not enough left for everybody else. Result: the vast majority of people don't have enough money to buy things and keep the economy going. The only thing that will remedy that problem is a steeply progressive tax structure that breaks up the accumulations of wealth and redistributes it back down through the whole society.
That's what the tax code did from 1945 until about 1985 - the very time that our standard of living improved the most for the greatest number of people.
Your solution assumes most people are incapable of providing for themselves and that we are a country of incapable dependents that need to take wealth from the few that earn it and give it to others for nothing. But that's only half the truth...

The government is not only redistributing wealth from those who earn it, but they are BORROWING 46 cents of every dollar they spend and building up debt for the next generation.

Why are so many Americans incapable of providing for themselves?
Borrowing not Earning

Gallatin, TN

#11 Feb 8, 2013
History shows that high taxes reduce revenue to the federal government. Bush had the highest tax revenues in history after LOWERING taxes.
Something for Nothing

Gallatin, TN

#12 Feb 8, 2013
If Obama has really gotten the "Something for Nothing" philosophy to work he will go down in history with greats like Einstein.

I see how this can work. Americans become like a huge parasite that leeches off the host.

Usually when a host gets too many parasites it dies.

"The federal government borrowed 46 cents of every dollar it has spent so far in fiscal 2013, which began Oct. 1,... 30, 2012," www.washingtontimes.com
Too greedy

Paducah, KY

#13 Feb 8, 2013
Something for Nothing wrote:
If Obama has really gotten the "Something for Nothing" philosophy to work he will go down in history with greats like Einstein.
I see how this can work. Americans become like a huge parasite that leeches off the host.
Usually when a host gets too many parasites it dies.
"The federal government borrowed 46 cents of every dollar it has spent so far in fiscal 2013, which began Oct. 1,... 30, 2012," www.washingtontimes.com
. Guess what. We are building our oil pipeline we have many resources left we will bankrupt china!!! There country will fold we will be self sufficient as all ways !
Too greedy

Paducah, KY

#14 Feb 8, 2013
There is a plan. It is way out side the box! I can assure you that
borrowing 46 cents

Gallatin, TN

#15 Feb 8, 2013
While we've been getting as many people as possible addicted to government entitlements, china has been buying up the world supply of raw materials.

Americans seem to be distracted, the Chinese are making the smart decisions needed to move ahead.

Is it china that has to borrow money from USA?

USA federal government is borrowing 46 cents of every dollar.
leech onto the rich

Gallatin, TN

#16 Feb 8, 2013
Simple solution says "What is happening today is that the very rich have gotten so much of the wealth that there is not enough left for everybody else"

Yes, I agree with you and obama, only the very rich are smart and capable enough to take care of themselves. The rest of us must leech onto the rich and take what we can get by law.
bubba scott

Gallatin, TN

#17 Feb 8, 2013
If I had to take care of myself without obama's support I would starve to death.

I'm glad he is charging the debt to our children, at least we don't have to do anything that might endanger us like work in a factory for an evil rich person.
bubba scott

Gallatin, TN

#18 Feb 8, 2013
obama is getting even with the next generation, making them slaves to our debt before they even take charge. He is thinking way ahead.
need more freeloaders

Gallatin, TN

#19 Feb 8, 2013
The simple solution that works is that more Americans need to work and contribute to the economy and fewer need to collect free entitlements and huge government pensions.

How would giving the freeloaders more power (the obama plan) work?
Liberterian

Hopkinsville, KY

#20 Feb 9, 2013
Three things are causing our debt and unemplpyment problems: Government interference in the free market, welfare and entitlements, and tax supported free public education.

Mimimum wage laws and government regulations have raised the cost of American labor to a level far above what it is worth in a free market. We cannot compete with places like China, India, etc. in the manufacture of consumer goods. Do away with those laws and American labor would find its natural level. Then we can compete.

It is a fact of human nature that at least half of the lower class will not work at any wage no matter how high unless they are compelled to do so. Do away with welfare and they would be forced to take whatever work was offered or starve.

Tax supported "free" public education provides too much education to too many people. Laborers do not need anything more than basic reading, writing, and arithmetic. Teaching them more than the basics is a waste of taxpayers money. It also schools them to have expectations to have jobs above what they are capable of doing.
Costs to employ Americans

Gallatin, TN

#21 Feb 9, 2013
Costs to employ Americans is much higher than wage alone

wage
workers compensation insurance
medicare
fica
federal and state taxes
obamacare (pending)
complying with disabled workers laws
complying with other employment laws
payroll acounting costs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 13 min winner 7,957
~~the (3) word (3) letter game~~ (Jun '13) 16 min winner 198
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 3 hr what a russsh 10,928
Teresa Tyler 3 hr Curious 7
Toothbrush 5 hr Adam 3
Pokemon go (Jul '16) 5 hr Spicoli 34
Ashley McFarland Davenport 5 hr Momma 1
Jason Lindsey- WPSD Channel 6 10 hr Vladimir Trumpski 40
Joshua Scott Meyer 20 hr Justme 37

Paducah Jobs