hurt vet

Des Arc, AR

#1 Oct 22, 2012
V.A wont give me pain pills for my back. Any dr in Paducah can help?
haa

Paducah, KY

#2 Oct 22, 2012
bassi quit too!
not sure

Kevil, KY

#3 Oct 22, 2012
I could be wrong, but I think anymore you have to go to a pain management doctor to get something for pain. For sure if it's a chronic problem, and even then, you might have to have a referral from your regular Dr. You could try Dr Riley Love, or Dr. Malla (sorry, don't know his first name). It's really getting much harder for people who truly need help, to get that help because of all the pillheads that have stolen, doctor shopped, or broke the law just to get a friggin' buzz. Anyway, good luck to you, hope your back gets better....
hurt vet

Des Arc, AR

#4 Oct 22, 2012
I spoke to a PA, my primary healthcare provider and she told me since it was not broken in the xrays she could do norhing further. I asked for an mri and she said I had to go to swveral more appointments for an mri and i should hope ny back is fine. It has gotten worst the last two years an ny next appointment is dec. Nothing until then.
really

Kevil, KY

#5 Oct 22, 2012
hurt vet wrote:
I spoke to a PA, my primary healthcare provider and she told me since it was not broken in the xrays she could do norhing further. I asked for an mri and she said I had to go to swveral more appointments for an mri and i should hope ny back is fine. It has gotten worst the last two years an ny next appointment is dec. Nothing until then.
X-rays do NOT show everything. Why do you have to wait for an MRI? I've never had to wait that long. Try worrying the crap out of them to make somebody understand how bad it is....
hurt vet

Des Arc, AR

#6 Oct 22, 2012
I did. The pa told me to get a massage. No lie a massage.... I asked her where she went to medival school and laughed. She said she saw nothing on xrays. I have several appointments but not for two months.. If I had insurance Lready I would no longer use VA
haa

Paducah, KY

#7 Oct 22, 2012
I was told to go to pain mgt.....have enough problems, nobodys stickin moldy needles in my back!
WTF

Kevil, KY

#8 Oct 22, 2012
I don't want any mouldy needles either!! I, too, got enough other shit going on health-wise. Back to hurt vet....Massage?! Really?! That won't do squat. I did think of another Dr, she was awfully good to me, hope she's not who you see, Dr, Aribbe Martin. She has been good to me and a couple of my friends, but she has been a real bitch to a few of them. BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what's your age? Sometimes that can kinda mess you up if you are young..........I'm 48 & 2 back and 1 neck surgery.........
YOU BET

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 22, 2012
Sorry Druggies, The pill party is over, and I mean done forever thanks to Governor Beshear and Sherriff Hayden among others drug bill. You have to get a prescription just to get allergy medicine now. Better grow you some weed, the pills are never coming back.
hurt vet

Carlock, IL

#10 Oct 22, 2012
I have family that uses Dr. Martin she is very nice. YOU BET you are a moron. I am not a drug addict. I work a federal job and my back is hurt. I would allow surgery if it would corrwct problem bit until then. Yeah I will just smoke weed you moron
sqril

United States

#11 Oct 22, 2012
its win win for the govt n drs. they all make more cause u have to see a dr. for even one small script, watch the weed n drugs sales boom..
Andrew

United States

#12 Oct 22, 2012
Don't go to Paul Juergen's he is a joke and he has the rudest staff ever especially that Becky woman. My mother is an elderly woman and was never treated so horrible in her life. Pretty bad to pick up a 76 year crying woman!!!
sqril

United States

#13 Oct 22, 2012
there trying to push not masking the problem have it fixed..again more money for there pockets..
say what

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 22, 2012
sqril wrote:
there trying to push not masking the problem have it fixed..again more money for there pockets..
Who wouldn't want the problem fixed If it can be? If you don't want the problem fixed then you don't have much of a problem in the first place. So you must be another one of the many pill heads out there.
The Truth

Benton, KY

#15 Oct 23, 2012
@ Say What - Well, fyi here's the order of treating neck/back issues. 1st - Physical therapy. 2nd - Physical therapy and medicine. 3rd - Physical therapy, meds, injections (ephiderals). AND LASTLY SURGERY. Drs do not move through these steps easily. Surgery is a last resort, and btw, usually requires repeat surgeries. As you are aware all surgeries come with significant risk. So, a$$hole get informed before judging people.
say what

Osceola, MO

#16 Oct 23, 2012
The Truth wrote:
@ Say What - Well, fyi here's the order of treating neck/back issues. 1st - Physical therapy. 2nd - Physical therapy and medicine. 3rd - Physical therapy, meds, injections (ephiderals). AND LASTLY SURGERY. Drs do not move through these steps easily. Surgery is a last resort, and btw, usually requires repeat surgeries. As you are aware all surgeries come with significant risk. So, a$$hole get informed before judging people.
Hey dumbass! You just contradicted what the other person (squril) just said. You are saying that they draw out the problem and squril just said they are pushing to fix the problem and not mask it. That would mean fix it quicker. I was saying that if you don't want your problem fixed then you don't have much of a problem in the first place. You fucktard! So do us a favor and pull ur bottom lip over your face and swallow. It would save on unintelligent posts and responses to statements that you evidentally can't comprehend.
the real deal

Murfreesboro, TN

#17 Aug 11, 2013
not sure wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think anymore you have to go to a pain management doctor to get something for pain. For sure if it's a chronic problem, and even then, you might have to have a referral from your regular Dr. You could try Dr Riley Love, or Dr. Malla (sorry, don't know his first name). It's really getting much harder for people who truly need help, to get that help because of all the pillheads that have stolen, doctor shopped, or broke the law just to get a friggin' buzz. Anyway, good luck to you, hope your back gets better....
you don't know..they have implimited a program for drug testing and using CASPER to make sure u are only seeing one pain Dr. If the doctor has these procedures..like a special nurse to take urine all the time they can write. Pain mgt is sending patients to family practitioners now they have the procedure n place
not

Greenfield, IN

#18 Aug 12, 2013
the real deal wrote:
<quoted text>you don't know..they have implimited a program for drug testing and using CASPER to make sure u are only seeing one pain Dr. If the doctor has these procedures..like a special nurse to take urine all the time they can write. Pain mgt is sending patients to family practitioners now they have the procedure n place
This is not correct. KASPER can be used by any dr prescribing narcotics. Drug testing is also another way to check for medication usage. Pain management is not sending back to PCP due to the KASPER etc. If anything, more and more family dr's are doing away with writing, period! That is why pain management stays as full as it does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what are the odds of getting pregnant with your... (Aug '11) 23 min Laylaortega710 299
Tina Cain (Jan '15) 27 min Yuk 136
Linda haines 53 min josh 4
topix help 1 hr Common sense 3
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 1 hr Muzik man 5,790
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 1 hr Muzik man 9,098
Stormy on South side hardees 2 hr You are stupid 6

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages