McCracken County Humane Society
Please and thank you

Rosiclare, IL

#104 Nov 20, 2011
A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS:



1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation
from you is likely to be painful.



2. Give me time to understand what you want of
me.



3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my
well-being.



4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends,
your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me.
Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have
been in the sun too long, or my heart might be
getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10 On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please.
Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me
face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

~Take a moment today to thank GOD for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would
be a much duller, less joyful experience without
God's critters.
Anonymous

United States

#105 Nov 20, 2011
Please and thank you wrote:
A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS:



1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation
from you is likely to be painful.



2. Give me time to understand what you want of
me.



3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my
well-being.



4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends,
your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me.
Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have
been in the sun too long, or my heart might be
getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10 On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please.
Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me
face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

~Take a moment today to thank GOD for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would
be a much duller, less joyful experience without
God's critters.
That is one of the sweetest things I've read. My pets are like my children. They each have their own personality and each have their good days, and bad days. Like us, our pets don't feel good every day. My dogs are always here for me, and I hope they love me as much as I love them. I'm a stay at home mother whose also an empty nester, but with my five dogs here every day I feel I have a purpose, and know they need me as much as I need them. This entire situation at the humane society has tormented me. How someone can be so heartless is beyond belief. Their are plenty to share the blame in this and I pray they all get the punishment they deserve. Today I thank god for blessing me with autumn, lucky, piper, Susie Q, marley, and miss kitty. I lost copper, my beloved beagle, on September 17th, and cried for days. Now I not only cry for copper but the 8,000 animals that were tortured at the hands of beau and Shirley. God bless everyone who's working for change at the humane society.
Outraged Citizen

Fort Myers, FL

#106 Nov 20, 2011
in the know wrote:
Shirley is resigning, now Dalana needs to leave with her
Shirley Grimes resigning doesn't change anything in my opinion. I still say a grand jury should be convened to investigate ALL aspects of this facility. More has gone on here than meets the eye and a legitimate investigation conducted by an agency that has no ties to the City or County needs to be done. Long standing friendships, political connections and family conncetions have a way of tainting an investigation. Even though the McCracken County Humane Society is apparently a private organization, the people of McCracken County deserve to have thier questions answered. I hope that happens.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#107 Nov 20, 2011
Jeremiah Robertson is a real hero for capturing the video and audio of the mistreatment of animals there. Future spokesman for PETA! The Director should be fired not allowed to resign on her own! It is her job to keep up on what is going on in her facility And now cell phones are not allowed there! That is bs!! Maybe the animal killer should be euthanised without sedation and see how he likes it!Outrageous!
Bobby

Paducah, KY

#108 Nov 21, 2011
I think Grimes was in on it. She wanted to save money by not using the sedative.
Bobby

Paducah, KY

#109 Nov 21, 2011
Seriously wrote:
Yeah I'll never drink a Pepsi again if that's the type of people they hire!!!
I am sure Pepsi didnt have knowledge of this when they hired him. This information just came out.
Seriously

Franklin, TN

#110 Nov 21, 2011
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure Pepsi didnt have knowledge of this when they hired him. This information just came out.
He was still working at the humane society. This has been going on for weeks it just went public. Unless they don't watch tv how could they not know?
Sad and outraged

United States

#111 Nov 21, 2011
Maybe this is a silly question but what happens to the 1.8 Million dollars thats Shirley has been in control of? Does her family get to pocket this money or will it be required that she hand these funds over to the new Humane Society? After all most of this was collected either via tax dollars or donations for the Humane Society not to benefit Shirley Grimes.
in the know

White Plains, KY

#112 Nov 21, 2011
The money belongs to Humane society and will stay there
An Animal Lover

Memphis, TN

#113 Nov 21, 2011
It's really sad that Shirley Greenfield Grimes is such a pathetic person. I have known her and about her for many years. My personal opinion about this bitch is she needs to be euthanized! But there is a special place prepared for her - and I would suggest that she should purchase a pair of asbestos drawers for her landing in hell!
Joyce

Nashville, TN

#114 Nov 21, 2011
How dare her threaten Jeremiah to bring his dog back. why so she can kill it? He should be the ONLY employee left there
Seriously

Paducah, KY

#115 Nov 21, 2011
Joyce wrote:
How dare her threaten Jeremiah to bring his dog back. why so she can kill it? He should be the ONLY employee left there
WHAT!!!! Did she seriously???
Joyce

Hermitage, TN

#116 Nov 21, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT!!!! Did she seriously???
Read wkystar she didn't actually 'threaten' but demanded and sounds like a threat to me! I wouldn't give her that dog back for NOTHING. and I'd go to jail standing up for what I believed in if that's what it meant!!!

DON'T GIVE IN JEREMIAH YOU HAVE TOO MANY PEOPLE BEHIND YOU!!!!
Sad and outraged

United States

#117 Nov 21, 2011
I am lost...what happened? When did she ask for him to return his dog? If this is true...WOW, she is crazier than I originally thought.
info

Paducah, KY

#118 Nov 21, 2011
She called him Sat. Morning and said I think you know who this is. You must return your dog by noon Sat. He did not do it.
james

United States

#119 Nov 21, 2011
Sad and outraged wrote:
I am lost...what happened? When did she ask for him to return his dog? If this is true...WOW, she is crazier than I originally thought.
read west ky stars post today!!! It's true
in the know

White Plains, KY

#120 Nov 21, 2011
You know I just got to thinking, WHY is she WAITING til Dec. board meeting to resign why not immediately like most people do. I smell something rotten with that!!!!!!!!!!
Just Checked

Paducah, KY

#121 Nov 21, 2011
holy wrote:
<quoted text>
Prison time pending and Pepsi hired him? Wow I say y'all need to 'occupy' Pepsi! And as far as Monday why don't you spend that time finding homes for the animals or helping at road dept or going around asking for donations or whatever rather than 'occupy'
I just called the local Pepsi and asked for him. They said he didnt work there anymore. They probobly hired him before hand and took care of the guy when they found out to!
in the know

White Plains, KY

#122 Nov 21, 2011
Not sure if everyone knows this or not, but Dalana and Beau have lived together for at least 11 or 12 years. He moved in with her after her husband left her. I think he had worked there a year or less when he moved in with her. They took animals home with them when they wanted too and did not have to pay. She is Shelter manager and he was Kennel Mgr. I never really could understand that concept but that is Shirley for you, she had them eating out of her hand and they do what she says and they protect her.
john

Owensboro, KY

#123 Nov 21, 2011
what about a guy danny duncan that worked there? ive heard things about him too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parkview Closing 22 min getcentered 6
Matt Blackwell (Sep '15) 25 min getcentered 25
Shirtless in Lowes... 25 min Gayboy 7
jail website 29 min getcentered 4
Chasity Walter gibbs 31 min getcentered 2
Guys in lifted trucks 38 min getcentered 24
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 1 hr Chanta53 9,374

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages