fullers

Utica, KY

#1 Sep 24, 2009
why and where has Paula Bridges gone.I emailed the station but they wont answer she was the best they had not to mention id like to take her to the garden for a little grass work lol.
Statler Waldorf

Elk River, MN

#2 Nov 29, 2009
Are you referring to the Paula Bridges Band? That was the biggest "lost Cause" that has come and one in years!
NO TALENT there!
I loved her band

Martin, TN

#3 Dec 1, 2009
She was awesome!! My gosh, I haven't heard her in a while either. It has been at least 13 to 15 years now. Her band used to come to Union City, Tn. to play alot. I would love to hear her music again!!!!!
nbc peacock

Paducah, KY

#4 Dec 1, 2009
Paula was too good for this market, and WPSD (the Paxtons) don't pay their employees a decent living wage. Plus I heard through the grapevine that there was no love lost between some of the players in front of the camera and Ms. Paula. Too bad that we lost her, but she has to look out for her career.
fullers

Utica, KY

#5 Dec 6, 2009
Yeah she was by far the best they had not to meention best looking woman in the place.
wkyrebel

AOL

#6 Jan 7, 2010
i emailed wpsd channel 6 yesterday , didnt think i would hear back from them, but i did. scott mcgee told me that paula has returned to her hometown of detroit to work for the sheriffs office. she was so good at giving the news. seems like they really go threw so many people. i miss steve couch, i think that was his name, he was super great at the news but hes been gone for a while too. i wish they would pay their help good so all these people would stay with us. you get so use to seeing someone, next thing you know they are gone.
doodie brain

United States

#7 Jan 7, 2010
I miss Tom Butler
Roger

Paducah, KY

#8 Jan 8, 2010
I miss Steve Couch too...seeing as there never was a Steve Couch. I think you mean Scott Couch.
Jack from Puryear

New Concord, KY

#9 Jan 11, 2010
wkyrebel wrote:
i emailed wpsd channel 6 yesterday , didnt think i would hear back from them, but i did. scott mcgee told me that paula has returned to her hometown of detroit to work for the sheriffs office. she was so good at giving the news. seems like they really go threw so many people. i miss steve couch, i think that was his name, he was super great at the news but hes been gone for a while too. i wish they would pay their help good so all these people would stay with us. you get so use to seeing someone, next thing you know they are gone.
Scott Couch now anchors the 9pm newscast on channel 17 in Nashville

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#10 Jan 12, 2010
Amy Watson also is in Nashville on News channel 5.
rublindorstupid

Paducah, KY

#11 Jan 12, 2010
This horse has been beat to death already, read all the topics before you start a new one, if wat you want to know isnt answered post it in the preexisting thread just post it, the thread will move to the top and ppl will respond to you there. This reall has already been covered in another thread, where paula is, cal is stuff like that for goodness sakes look at ALL the TOPICS called THREADS before you start another redundant thread! geez!!
Paula was a good reporter but she wasnt as good as all of you keep raving about, she made a lot of mistakes while reading from her telepromper and she didnt bother to learn proper pronunciations of the cities, towns, communities and villages in the area...yes she seemed to have a better personality than those who are on now but personality isnt everything
Tony Soprano

United States

#12 Jan 13, 2010
Oh look, someone who works at WPSD reads topix.net .
rublindorstupid

Paducah, KY

#13 Jan 13, 2010
Tony I hope that you are not referring to me as someone who works at WPSD as I DON'T. I am completely disabled and can not work (wait I probably qualify to work there no more than they ever do!!)
ramon

Kuttawa, KY

#14 Mar 25, 2010
I miss Paulatoo she is absolutely beautiful wish i knew hoe to contact her.
ungroundround

Waterloo, Canada

#15 Mar 30, 2010
Paula did talk pretty good for a negro. I thought that white skunk stripe looked stupid she used to have. As far as the disabled comment, most "disabled" people just don't wanna work.
Gloria Harris

Marion, KY

#16 Mar 30, 2010
Statler Waldorf wrote:
Are you referring to the Paula Bridges Band? That was the biggest "lost Cause" that has come and one in years!
NO TALENT there!
stop hating on that beautiful black woman..plus she was real all over from head to toe...thanks alot! Gloria Harris
Gloria Harris

Marion, KY

#17 Mar 30, 2010
Roger wrote:
I miss Steve Couch too...seeing as there never was a Steve Couch. I think you mean Scott Couch.
I miss Scott Couch also..he and Paula made a perfect team! G. harris
IRISH48

Vandalia, IL

#18 May 20, 2010
ungroundround wrote:
Paula did talk pretty good for a negro. I thought that white skunk stripe looked stupid she used to have. As far as the disabled comment, most "disabled" people just don't wanna work.
Why in this day and age does someone as obviously racist as you even bother to post your 1950's opinions? Someday, you may open your closed mind and realize whether a person is black, white, yellow, or brown we are all made in the image of God and should be respected as such. Hatred in any form is the cancer that will ruin lives and nations.
Paula was good at what she did, regardless of age, race, or sex.
WestTnNurse

Paris, TN

#19 Jan 19, 2012
She is now living in Humboldt, TN. Married to Chuck McGill. They are the owners/operators of the "Bandstand" music store in Jackson. You can find them on facebook. They have 2 grown daughters now... I believe she quit singing when they started their family. Give them a shout on fb and maybe they might do a come back tour
I loved her band wrote:
She was awesome!! My gosh, I haven't heard her in a while either. It has been at least 13 to 15 years now. Her band used to come to Union City, Tn. to play alot. I would love to hear her music again!!!!!

Herndon, VA

#20 Jan 20, 2012
Scott couch was a douch!!!! He acted better than everybody

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the 4 that got arrested out of jail? 25 min he will get his 25
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 44 min ooo 5,522
Tilghman needs renamed 1 hr Proud Conservative 33
McCracken graduation 1 hr Tornado nation 13
Big Mike vs Mr Townsend 1 hr A_local_expert 4
Paducah riverfront 2 hr Resident 25
wake up people 4 hr along for the ride 331
Wild bunch heath high Thu J James 33

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web