Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Dec 14, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bine

United States

#1 May 11, 2011
Is it hard, and ate you able to work while being in the program?
hello

Hardin, KY

#2 May 11, 2011
I don't know but I would like to find out too cause that's what I'm goi to school for but taking my basic now
home

United States

#3 May 11, 2011
Yea it's hard..... And some can work and go , but just depends on what kind of student you are. But any nursing program is difficult.
Strong

United States

#4 May 11, 2011
I didn't work while in the program. I got through it and I had two small children at the time. My husband was very supportive and I wouldn't had made it through without him. There were a few that worked part time and made it ok but I don't recall anyone working full time and making it.
nursingstudent

Trenton, TN

#5 May 11, 2011
it is possible i work 15-20 hrs a week and im in MSU's program and i struggle to make B's. so i feel that if i all my time to devote to studying i would b much better off. so if ur have the option to not work dont ur grades will b so much better
bine

United States

#6 May 12, 2011
I'm really nervous. Been out of school for tears now but got all my classes but one done then all I half to do is get in the program. I'll half to save money of course. But will need to work two days a week
I've heard the second semester is very very hard. I'm excited to finally go back and finish my degree. Just worried a lil about how I'm going to support myself. Any advice for the ones who's already out and working?
student

Paducah, KY

#7 May 12, 2011
I just finished the 2nd semester of the RN program at WKCTC and it IS hard. I have a part-time job (12-18 hrs/wk), no kids, and a husband. I wouldn't have made it without him. The program takes an extreme amount of self-discipline because the instructors are so disorganized. They proclaim at orientation that working or any other extra-cirricular activity is unadvisable...they own you. There are weeks that your schedule is unpredictable, for example, class mon, wed, fri; health fair all day thurs; continuing education course from 7a-6p tues. Get ready. Basically, if you're going to work, be prepared to have NO life other than working, going to class, studying, and sleeping...that is, if you expect to pass. Good luck! If u want anymore info, feel free to ask!
student

Paducah, KY

#8 May 12, 2011
Also, I've made A's and B's in the first 2 semesters. I already have all of my other classes done, so I'm only taking nursing classes. You will need an employer that's going to be flexible with your schedule. There are MANY times I've had to go in late or rearrange my schedule because of a test, clinical day, etc.
bine

United States

#9 May 13, 2011
Thankyou so much for your help. Yes all my classes will be done as well so All I have to focus on is the program. I'm shooting for next fall 2012. How many semesters are there? I thought it was a two year program. If I can make it thru the first year working then the next semester I can lay of of working. When do you graduate?
Student

Paducah, KY

#10 May 13, 2011
bine wrote:
Thankyou so much for your help. Yes all my classes will be done as well so All I have to focus on is the program. I'm shooting for next fall 2012. How many semesters are there? I thought it was a two year program. If I can make it thru the first year working then the next semester I can lay of of working. When do you graduate?
Four semesters = two years. I graduate next May.
Yeah

Paducah, KY

#11 May 13, 2011
I am in the program and work 30 or so hours a week, occasionally 40. I'm not married and have no children. It's not super hard, if you are good at time management you can balance classes with work.
bine

United States

#12 May 14, 2011
Good luck with school. I'm def going to half to work. Just need to work now on getting In the program next fall.
bine

United States

#13 May 14, 2011
Thanks everyone for your help and advice.
Questions

Paducah, KY

#14 Jul 9, 2011
For those of you in the program, How many points did you have? Did you have to apply more than once?
Student

Paducah, KY

#15 Jul 9, 2011
71. Got accepted on my first application.
valhala

Nashville, TN

#16 Jul 9, 2011
Too many damn nurses...y'all belong in kitchen.
Now get me a bloody beer
point system

United States

#17 Jul 10, 2011
I worked hard and racked up 98 points and applied one time only. The semester I applied, the program accepted people with 58 points or higher. Sucks because all I ever heard was how hard it was to get in so I didn't apply a couple times because I wanted to work and get higher points before I applied; Yet, I would've gotten in one year before with the points I had at "that" time.
point system

United States

#18 Jul 10, 2011
valhala wrote:
Too many damn nurses...y'all belong in kitchen.
Now get me a bloody beer
A lot of patients make us feel like damn waitresses. They think of hospitals as a 5 star hotel.
valhala

Paducah, KY

#19 Jul 10, 2011
point system wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of patients make us feel like damn waitresses. They think of hospitals as a 5 star hotel.
Hahs u deserve it
hello

Paducah, KY

#20 Jul 10, 2011
valhala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahs u deserve it
I hope I'm your nurse someday. I hope you come into my ER suffocating, drowning in your own blood from a stab wound that somebody gave you for talking to them the way you talk to everyone all the time, all while you lay there begging me, "help me! Help me!" I'll remember how unappreciative you are of those who are in charge of saving your life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Blood Soaked Mallet 1,342
Change a letter game (Sep '10) 5 min -Lily- 90
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 6 min -Lily- 5,580
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 7 min -Lily- 1,026
Two words~~Last Letter of last word~~GAME (Jun '13) 8 min -Lily- 2,029
Renikka Berry Stubblfield Screws around on husband 8 min Layla ann 5
looking for our girl 23 min Rev Peter 18
Marissa Hollowed. 28 min LETS BE HONEST 13
Lying husband 5 hr Idk boo 18
WPSD - omg 6 hr Good riddance 82
•••
•••
•••