Centerpoint mens rehab

Posted in the Paducah Forum

Concerned friend

Paducah, KY

#1 Nov 12, 2012
Any one have any good feedback about this place? I've heard both good and bad. I have a good friend that will be going there this week.
bluesadie

La Center, KY

#2 Nov 12, 2012
i believe its the best place in our area,its run by ex addits which is good,if they cant help I dont know who can,I talked to them about my son,I even went up and checked it out,it was nice

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 12, 2012
Not all that work there are ex addicts, most are trained therapists or psychologists, not saying that there aren't ex addicts that don't work there but in probability they probably have certain areas that and licensing that if an ex addict had a prior record that they would not be allowed to work. It is a good rehab place.
Been there

United States

#4 Nov 13, 2012
Centerpoint is a wonderful place. I went there for 6 weeks. Its not just for ex addicts, they deal with everything. Its actually a group therapy setting. I would highly recommend this program .
Big ass joke

Eddyville, KY

#5 Nov 13, 2012
That place has under the table favors for the favorites. Rachelle does she still work there? She is an addict. Then they gave her a job there?!! Lmao.
Duh1

Paducah, KY

#6 Nov 14, 2012
purplelady1040 wrote:
Not all that work there are ex addicts, most are trained therapists or psychologists, not saying that there aren't ex addicts that don't work there but in probability they probably have certain areas that and licensing that if an ex addict had a prior record that they would not be allowed to work. It is a good rehab place.
Few are trained therapists or anything. One employee is licesnsed. And duh, 99.9% of residents and staff have records. Half of residents are prisoners on parole or sent from drug court as last resort. Federal and state funds operate it. Look at Recovery KY website. For someone that doesn't know crap about it, you sure seem to think you know alot about it. Good rehab place? Funny.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#7 Nov 14, 2012
Duh1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Few are trained therapists or anything. One employee is licesnsed. And duh, 99.9% of residents and staff have records. Half of residents are prisoners on parole or sent from drug court as last resort. Federal and state funds operate it. Look at Recovery KY website. For someone that doesn't know crap about it, you sure seem to think you know alot about it. Good rehab place? Funny.
I know that most of the workers there are hired by Four Rivers Behavioral Health so they would have licensed therapists. I have a friend who works for Four Rivers and was offered to transfer there but declined the postition.
awesome

Brookfield, WI

#8 Nov 17, 2012
Great people, great place
Big ass joke

Murray, KY

#9 Nov 17, 2012
Brad Mcgullion went there. He said it was a joke.
CASemployee

Greenville, KY

#10 Dec 24, 2012
Centerpoint is owned and run by Four Rivers Behavioral Health.
Graduate

Metropolis, IL

#11 Dec 25, 2012
I was just reading these post on CenterPoint. I graduated there and I can tell you those people care about what they do. I can't tell you how that place saved my life. They took a chance on me and now I have a good job and have my family back. And when that person mentioned Mrs. Rachelle, she is an awesome lady. She along with the other staff will go out of their way to get you the help you need. Sounds to me that you had a bad experience based on your behavior and your choices. Not from the program. I am so grateful for CenterPoint.
D2

Paducah, KY

#12 Dec 26, 2012
Just FYI they are NOT trained therapists. The staff MAY have went to college to study addiction but MOST did not. The only one that has to is the director. The Peer Mentors are clients that 12 Stepped out (completed) and are staying to work. They teach Recovery Dynamics.

I was in CP with Brad Mcguillion or however you spell it. I am good friends with a few of the mentors. Like any treatment center it has it's downfalls. The model is based off of George De Leon's (sp?) book entitled The Therapeutic Community which is what The Healing Place uses. CP is a Healing Place modeled program.
D2

Paducah, KY

#13 Dec 26, 2012
D2 wrote:
Just FYI they are NOT trained therapists. The staff MAY have went to college to study addiction but MOST did not. The only one that has to is the director. The Peer Mentors are clients that 12 Stepped out (completed) and are staying to work. They teach Recovery Dynamics.

I was in CP with Brad Mcguillion or however you spell it. I am good friends with a few of the mentors. Like any treatment center it has it's downfalls. The model is based off of George De Leon's (sp?) book entitled The Therapeutic Community which is what The Healing Place uses. CP is a Healing Place modeled program.
Also I was one of the original people to open the facility as a client.
Lmao

Cadiz, KY

#14 Dec 26, 2012
Graduate wrote:
I was just reading these post on CenterPoint. I graduated there and I can tell you those people care about what they do. I can't tell you how that place saved my life. They took a chance on me and now I have a good job and have my family back. And when that person mentioned Mrs. Rachelle, she is an awesome lady. She along with the other staff will go out of their way to get you the help you need. Sounds to me that you had a bad experience based on your behavior and your choices. Not from the program. I am so grateful for CenterPoint.
Ms Rachelle lol. Your right. She will go out of her way to get her favorites out of doing their time. She is not a professional. She's an addict with a glorified title! She is not quailified to even run a dog pound. If she like you she will sign your sheet for the PO and run her big fat mouth about the clients confidentiality and she prob has a GED.
LILO

Winfield, IL

#15 Dec 27, 2012
No she actually has a RN license. She is very well educated. She is a great person!
really

Paducah, KY

#16 Dec 28, 2012
Lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms Rachelle lol. Your right. She will go out of her way to get her favorites out of doing their time. She is not a professional. She's an addict with a glorified title! She is not quailified to even run a dog pound. If she like you she will sign your sheet for the PO and run her big fat mouth about the clients confidentiality and she prob has a GED.
LOL Hater just because you cant be her. Get a life then you may also be something one day! Dont be mad at her for making something out of her life when your nothing, Sucks for you but dont get on here running her down because she is a GREAT person and clearly you are not. Move on do something productive with your life your making nobody but yourself look bad by getting on here running her down just to make yourself feel better.
to lmoa

Windsor, WI

#17 Jan 15, 2013
Big ass joke wrote:
That place has under the table favors for the favorites. Rachelle does she still work there? She is an addict. Then they gave her a job there?!! Lmao.
. I know brad mcgullion real well and he did not say c.p was a joke he told me it saved his life. So lmoa dont know what there talking about. Sounds like there a looser and a hater get a life
D2

Paducah, KY

#18 Jan 15, 2013
to lmoa wrote:
<quoted text>. I know brad mcgullion real well and he did not say c.p was a joke he told me it saved his life. So lmoa dont know what there talking about. Sounds like there a looser and a hater get a life
Agreed
Recovering

Paducah, KY

#19 Jan 15, 2013
I am a recovering addict and I did not go there I went somewhere out of town and just like any other place there are pl who leave cp and relapse and end up a sad story then there r some that leave a new person and have a great life it is up to the person and their willingness or ability to change and its not the pl who work there fault is someone does not choose to change ! Recovery is what u do w the information your taught and how u apply it to your own life, it's all what u make of it!
graduate 2011

Kevil, KY

#20 Feb 24, 2013
you get out of the program what you put in it. if you want to get high ordrunk then you will. the ppl that work there cant hold your hand and make you quit. you are your own worst enemy. it is a good program. like i said if you want help it takes yourself trying to hold on. they give you the tools to use and ppl to talk to in order for you to maintain sobriety. as far as the ppl that work there, you couldnt ask for better. they have helped alot of ppl and families, so why hate. it boils down that you went and got high and want to blame someone else. its your shit so deal with it. if you cant then why lay the blame on someone else. centerpoint thank you. you gave mea chance to be a part of my kids lives again. i work, pay bills and have become a better person. thank you again cp

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tabatha Arkuski 28 min eel 1
josh york (Jan '14) 31 min hrose34 49
best Medicaid doctor for bipolar and pain 3 hr Lucy 6
West Ky Singles (Aug '08) 3 hr seek in 22
Why do white people hate black people? (Jun '14) 3 hr Meep 504
Baltimore 3 hr Bob 25
captains place (Apr '14) 3 hr Kat 21
More from around the web

Paducah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE