DANGEROUS on I-24
DWC

Paducah, KY

#1 Jun 4, 2012
Too many accidents and deaths are happening on I-24 between Exit 7 and the Bridge !!!!!!!!!! I would like to see a flashing sign that alerts traffic...such as speeding out of towners......to SLOW down........speed limit in this area is reduced to 65 .......but nobody slows down !!! If we start stopping speeders and collecting from the tickets..the city could purcase and operate some type of sign !!!!!!!!!!
ok

River Grove, IL

#2 Jun 4, 2012
DWC wrote:
Too many accidents and deaths are happening on I-24 between Exit 7 and the Bridge !!!!!!!!!! I would like to see a flashing sign that alerts traffic...such as speeding out of towners......to SLOW down........speed limit in this area is reduced to 65 .......but nobody slows down !!! If we start stopping speeders and collecting from the tickets..the city could purcase and operate some type of sign !!!!!!!!!!
Nice thought, but we still have a convention center debt that we have to try to "recover". That's a joke. Lol. You have to understand, if it makes sense to you and I, then it doesn't make sense to our wonderful leaders. If it isn't difficult for the rest of us to understand, then our political leaders don't want any part of it. Common sense is lacking hugely when it comes to the decisions that are made for this town.

I'll step off my soap box now lol
thinking

Paducah, KY

#3 Jun 4, 2012
Amen, ok and of course common sense is lacking in driver's also because they are too distracted by everything these days.
intimidator

Boynton Beach, FL

#4 Jun 4, 2012
DWC wrote:
Already electronic signs in place operated by the state. But they usually only have normal reminder stuff. Like Click it or Ticket.
Concerned Speeder

Paducah, KY

#5 Jun 5, 2012
Or you can not be a puss and be cautious of the traffic around you.
Ted Nugent

Nashville, TN

#6 Jun 5, 2012
City would spend 50,000 on a flashing sign like this if they was asked to. , CAUTION HOMOSEXUALS and QUILTERS. CROSSING, AHEAD.
Yed

Paducah, KY

#7 Jun 5, 2012
DWC wrote:
The really bad one happened because the traffic was stopped due to construction. I am not sure speed had anything to do with any of the recent wrecks
rebel

Paducah, KY

#8 Jun 5, 2012
Yed wrote:
<quoted text>
The really bad one happened because the traffic was stopped due to construction. I am not sure speed had anything to do with any of the recent wrecks
Totally agree Yed, it is called too many people not paying attention to their own driving. Oh wait, my cell phone is ringing, I better answer that while I am driving. I don't like that radio station-I better change it or put a different CD in while I am driving. I need to finish my sandwich while I am driving. I have seen women put on makeup, drink coffee, talk on the cell phone and smoke a cigarette, and yes, all at the same time. I don't mean this to be ugly but to me a flashing sign would just be that more distracting and cause accidents. How many people are really going to pay attention to that?
Irkled

Paducah, KY

#9 Jun 5, 2012
DWC wrote:
A sign that says don't ignore the speed limit sign. Lol.!!!!!!!!!
Rebel

Paducah, KY

#10 Jun 5, 2012
Irkled wrote:
<quoted text>A sign that says don't ignore the speed limit sign. Lol.!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!! Agreed!!!
paducah businessman

Paducah, KY

#11 Jun 5, 2012
A sign will do nothing but become another distraction. There are already too many distractions.
Yed

Paducah, KY

#12 Jun 5, 2012
Somebody is SPEEDING! Somebody is talking on the phone! Somebody is on drugs!

Nobody on here has any idea what caused the accidents referenced here. Let's just knee jerk react and lower the speed limit, outlaw cell phones, or any thing!

Ever think that it might be the existing lower speed limit that is causing wrecks? Everybody driving along at 75 and then suddenly somebody slows down to 65.

Just a thought

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#13 Jun 6, 2012
What good would it do to lower the speed limit anyway? It's not like your car stops gaining speed when you hit the limit. A small percentage of the drivers on the interstate actually go the speed limit. You could lower it to 40mph but people are still going to drive 80. A sign is not going to slow people down.more accidents will eventually get people to slow down and be more cautious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rosalinda Perez 12 min Eric 7
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 1 hr Muzik man 9,618
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 1 hr Muzik man 6,454
Harvey Wienstien of Paducah 2 hr Tom Delaney 12
Penny Baird 2 hr Trump-Russian sto... 5
Insanely HOT girl at the pac 3 hr MrRight 12
Kenn Gray Moffitt deadbeat? 3 hr Local 1
Who has biggest d In area? 6 hr Tom Delaney 106

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web