okk

United States

#62 Jun 9, 2011
Take THAT wrote:
Some ppl really need FS. I need them and can't get them because I "make too much money," but I can't afford to put food on the table after I pay my rent, gas bill, electric bill, car insurance, put gas in the car, so on and so forth. I don't think eliminating the welfare system would be good for America, because their certainly aren't enough jobs to go around. Simple facts. And if all the ppl who received FS or benefits didn't, think about how many homeless ppl there would be. Then ppl would be complaining about the squatters in their front yards, etc. Yes, some ppl do abuse the system, but more legitimately need them, or they wouldn't have them. You have to qualify first, and if you do, that's great!!! ALL RACES USE THEM, AND IF YOU GO TO THE HIPP BUILDING, THERE ARE JUST AS MANY IF NOT MORE WHITES THAN BLACKS, so race is a non MFin factor!!! I would rather my tax dollars go towards helping a human than building some fancy Quilt Museum, etc.
PREACH!!!
Trainer

United States

#63 Jun 9, 2011
They shouldn't be allowed to do this, there kids will starve half the month because they choose to eat out 2 times a month.
kewnsgohome

United States

#64 Jun 9, 2011
Take THAT wrote:
Some ppl really need FS. I need them and can't get them because I "make too much money," but I can't afford to put food on the table after I pay my rent, gas bill, electric bill, car insurance, put gas in the car, so on and so forth. I don't think eliminating the welfare system would be good for America, because their certainly aren't enough jobs to go around. Simple facts. And if all the ppl who received FS or benefits didn't, think about how many homeless ppl there would be. Then ppl would be complaining about the squatters in their front yards, etc. Yes, some ppl do abuse the system, but more legitimately need them, or they wouldn't have them. You have to qualify first, and if you do, that's great!!! ALL RACES USE THEM, AND IF YOU GO TO THE HIPP BUILDING, THERE ARE JUST AS MANY IF NOT MORE WHITES THAN BLACKS, so race is a non MFin factor!!! I would rather my tax dollars go towards helping a human than building some fancy Quilt Museum, etc.
Then tell me about the monkeys that sit outside north 8th st, 18 years old, playing ball talkin about getting a disability check and food stamps. Clean up paducah by getting em out!
ummm

United States

#65 Jun 9, 2011
kewnsgohome wrote:
<quoted text>Then tell me about the monkeys that sit outside north 8th st, 18 years old, playing ball talkin about getting a disability check and food stamps. Clean up paducah by getting em out!
I think that is so wrong!! I think if you get food stamps you should be monitored. I actually could use food stamps because I have tons of bills and daycare for 3 kids and the expenses are killing me, but these ppl who use the system are grilling out on food they got off food stamps and I can't even barely keep food on the table.
ledbetter

Paducah, KY

#66 Jun 9, 2011
I know a girl who sells hers for loritabs for her and her livin boyfriend mark
Take THAT

United States

#67 Jun 10, 2011
kewnsgohome wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell me about the monkeys that sit outside north 8th st, 18 years old, playing ball talkin about getting a disability check and food stamps. Clean up paducah by getting em out!
Why do they have to be monkeys? And what about the peckerwoods and trailor trash at the trailor courts, sitting around getting methed out and drawing disability checks? We should get rid of them too then. Poverty occurs in every race. Not everything is Black and White!!! I feel sorry for Kewnsgohome. He obviously has an inferiority complex. Mandingo steal your girlfriend? Hahaha!!! When you hate on someone else, the person you're hating on prospers while you dwell in misery. Now take THAT!!!!
kewns go home

United States

#68 Jun 10, 2011
Take THAT wrote:
<quoted text> Why do they have to be monkeys? And what about the peckerwoods and trailor trash at the trailor courts, sitting around getting methed out and drawing disability checks? We should get rid of them too then. Poverty occurs in every race. Not everything is Black and White!!! I feel sorry for Kewnsgohome. He obviously has an inferiority complex. Mandingo steal your girlfriend? Hahaha!!! When you hate on someone else, the person you're hating on prospers while you dwell in misery. Now take THAT!!!!
Why isnt everything black and white? Is selling your food stamps wrong? Is taking aid you dont need wrong? How about sellin weed? Even if the situation changes because you have to sell your fs because you need heart meds,, or drawing disability because you fell down your first day workin at mcdonalds so you can take care of your mama better dont make it right! You are romantisizing this garbage that realizes disability pays better than lynx services and food stamps pays better than stockin at walmart. Open your eyes to the sickness!
Take THAT

United States

#69 Jun 10, 2011
kewns go home wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isnt everything black and white? Is selling your food stamps wrong? Is taking aid you dont need wrong? How about sellin weed? Even if the situation changes because you have to sell your fs because you need heart meds,, or drawing disability because you fell down your first day workin at mcdonalds so you can take care of your mama better dont make it right! You are romantisizing this garbage that realizes disability pays better than lynx services and food stamps pays better than stockin at walmart. Open your eyes to the sickness!
You have to qualify to get any assistance, so to say they don't need it is not for you to judge. I am not romanticizing anything!!! But not everyone who receives FS sells them. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE ANYTHING FROM THE STATE, YOU HAVE TO QUALIFY FIRST, THEN THEY GIVE IT TO YOU, DUMMY. You never hear of ppl robbing the Hipp building!!! Never once did I say it was right to ABUSE the system. And the Black and White thing I was talking about was race, since black ppl have to be kewns and monkeys to you.
wheelchair

Paducah, KY

#70 Jun 10, 2011
kewns go home wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how to get on disability? Do you know where the money comes from that pays disability? You seem to think disability is like unemployment or food stamps. We who are on disability paid our social security.
stfu

United States

#71 Jun 10, 2011
U r stupid, and Wheel chair is correct . As far as fs being better than working. U can't pay ur bills w them. Can't buy gas, clothes & cosmetics. Just food & u can't live in food or drive food or wear food. Besides most ppl work that get fs. & if u don't have a job u have to do volunteer work
kewnsgohome

United States

#72 Jun 10, 2011
wheelchair wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know how to get on disability? Do you know where the money comes from that pays disability? You seem to think disability is like unemployment or food stamps. We who are on disability paid our social security.
Dipsh1t, s.s. isnt something you pay into, its something real working people pay into, its not a private account like an ira or 401k. Who gives a flying horse crap you paid into it, now your leaching off the system. And as for qualifying for assistance, are yall seriously blind thinking the system catches even half the people who play the system? I know of a family on oaks rd. that they are all suckin on the teat and cant wait till their kids hit 18 so they can steal my tax dollars...you cant tell me its not an epidemic
wheelchair

Paducah, KY

#74 Jun 10, 2011
Social Security is something you pay into it's called FICA. What a fool.
Wrong

United States

#75 Jun 10, 2011
wheelchair wrote:
Social Security is something you pay into it's called FICA. What a fool.
People who have to pay this stuff usually check into it. S.S. is paid by the working class. They don't have a account set up just for you. They keep track of how much you paid yes. The money comes out of our checks. If you think about what you said there would be no fear of s.s. running out. But as it stands I will never get a return on all the money I have paid in. It will be a dry well by the time I retire. I'm 31 and have had a full time job since U was 16. I have paid in a bunch of money. I think the last mailing they sent said I'd draw 900 bucks a month or something.
wheelchair

Paducah, KY

#76 Jun 10, 2011
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
People who have to pay this stuff usually check into it. S.S. is paid by the working class. They don't have a account set up just for you. They keep track of how much you paid yes. The money comes out of our checks. If you think about what you said there would be no fear of s.s. running out. But as it stands I will never get a return on all the money I have paid in. It will be a dry well by the time I retire. I'm 31 and have had a full time job since U was 16. I have paid in a bunch of money. I think the last mailing they sent said I'd draw 900 bucks a month or something.
FICA it comes out of your payroll check. Has nothing to do with class. You don't check into SS. Yes they do have an account set up for you it's your SS#. Blame the corporations and government for not enough good paying jobs to replenish SS.
Marty

Hermitage, TN

#77 Jun 12, 2011
if a person works...he should be able to get food stamps alot easier...since most employers dont wanna give raises and benefits...work u like a dog part time and think u owe them something...if they give u a raise ..lets ay its only 20 cents...they think u owe them the world....20 for 24 hour sis not a raise...give me .25 and 40 hours and benefits ...then ill be happy
ROFLcopter

Herrin, IL

#78 Jun 12, 2011
God forbid anything happen to some of you people and you ever have to get food stamps. They should just let you starve.
westend

Paducah, KY

#79 Jun 24, 2011
I receive assistance & do not abuse the system. I'm disabled & need help. I appreciate all the taxpayers b/c w/o you I would go hungry. Thank you. I want Ky to start drug testing, so they can cancel all benefits from drug users & save the state a lil money.
grow up

United States

#80 Jun 24, 2011
I think food stamps are good for those that actually need them! Regardless of race or age!
Hello

Nashville, TN

#81 Jun 24, 2011
I know of at least two females in this town that either live at home with their parents or live with their boyfriend. These women do not claim the income of these people in the total household income so they can qualify for food stamps. Meanwhile, they sell them for $0.75 on the dollar so they can get the cash to buy booze, cigarettes, and have money to run around on. It is NOT impossible to rip the state off. I know for a FACT that someone has called the Food Stamp office about one of these women and reported her for fraud and nothing was done about it. They probably didn't even do an investigation, because had they done it, it wouldn't been VERY evident that she did not live only with her child. The other woman said she, her boyfriend, and child lived together but that they were both unemployed, when in all reality, he was working full-time for cash under the table to avoid paying child support. Poeple rip the system off all the time, and evidently, it's not that hard to do. If the government spent as much money investigating these things more or going through a more thorough process of verifying the information that's given to them prior to approving state aid as they do on bullshit, this country might not be in as bad of shape as it is now.
Take THAT wrote:
<quoted text> You have to qualify to get any assistance, so to say they don't need it is not for you to judge. I am not romanticizing anything!!! But not everyone who receives FS sells them. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE ANYTHING FROM THE STATE, YOU HAVE TO QUALIFY FIRST, THEN THEY GIVE IT TO YOU, DUMMY. You never hear of ppl robbing the Hipp building!!! Never once did I say it was right to ABUSE the system. And the Black and White thing I was talking about was race, since black ppl have to be kewns and monkeys to you.
reality check

Nashville, TN

#82 Jun 25, 2011
Most people who receive food stamps have worked their asses off their entire lives and STILL work, sometimes two jobs, because they either got laid off by some huge corporation or they work for rich, greedy bastards like Paxton Media or Bristol Broadcasting who make sure their employees only work 35 hours a week (just enough so that they don't qualify for benefits like health insurance for their kids, maternity leave, or basically anything) and make like $10 an hour. Yes, some people do abuse the system - but seriously, every social program in this country doesn't cost YOU, the taxpayer, even ONE PERCENT of the tax breaks that large corporations get by moving the bulk of their business overseas or to offshore accounts to get tax breaks. Instead of attacking poor people for buying their kid a freaking Easter basket - start placing the blame where it belongs: with the rich, greedy dicks who have no problem poisoning our water, air, and sucking us dry with taxes so they can pay for strippers, first class plane tickets, and 12-year-old Scotch while telling you gullible idiots that social programs are the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~Last Post wins~~ (Jan '13) 7 min Sharlene45 4,606
News Americans don't like Hillary Clinton or Donald ... 17 min The Tall Cool One 5
Here we go again 32 min annoyed 7
Jesus 45 min Manual87 154
U.S. Navy base - Clarksville 1 hr Navy Guy 3
Being a dealer at Harrahs 2 hr cards 1
WAG Auto Sales on South Side 2 hr Jacklyn 4
Why did Potsy's Place Close 15 hr Haa 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages