Mccracken County Jail Employees/ Hars...

Mccracken County Jail Employees/ Harsh Treatment of Inmates

Posted in the Paducah Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Cast The First Stone

Gilbertsville, KY

#1 Oct 28, 2012
How do you feel about Ricky Sled who is a Sgt. at the Mccracken County jail...who is a racist and talks to everyone like crap. His job is to maintain order...not to create a hostile enviroment. Some of the other Jailers do not like how he treats people but are scared to say anything for fear of losing their jobs.
Not above the law

Gilbertsville, KY

#2 Oct 28, 2012
The County Jailers are a piece of work. Nothing about them is Professional. If you ever get pulled over by A policeman or sheriff just remain calm and remember your rights. Keep your hands on the wheel where the officer can see them. Police officers in some states have the legal right to search your car if they say they “smell” drug smoke. This is a very obvious loophole, but one you have to deal with since it is the law.

When he requests them, show the officer your driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance. Try to remember the officers’ badge number and patrol car numbers, although not in an obvious or confrontational manner. For instance, don’t immediately ask for his name or badge number, just be mindful of it. Police WILL try to intimidate you, and they WILL make you wait. Maintain your composure, don’t show fear, and be polite. The police officer will most likely ask you if you know why he pulled you over. Say as little as possible, and never admit to speeding or try to guess why you were pulled over; just say no.

Never get into an argument with the police. You cannot win an argument with a police officer. Also remember that anything you say or do can be used against you, so I have to reiterate… say as little as possible. In some cases, police can search your car without a warrant based on “probable cause”. Make it clear that you do not consent to a search so you’re legally protected later on. It’s not lawful for police to arrest you simply for refusing to consent to a search. Remember that, NEVER consent to a search.

Refusing a search DOESN’T mean you’re guilty. The age old argument:“Well sonny, honest people don’t have anything to hide” is complete nonsense. That argument has been debunked many times over. Don’t let that line influence you.
kevlar

Paducah, KY

#4 Oct 28, 2012
Stay out of trouble. Obey the law. Don't go to jail. Have a happy life.
wondering

Paducah, KY

#5 Oct 28, 2012
Is a citizen required to answer questions when interrogated, or will they then arrest you for refusing to cooperate with an investigation? I ask because I was once held and questioned for almost 2 hours just because i pulled into a parking lot to find my cell phone that had fallen out of my pocket into the truck somewhere. Turns out the place had been burglarized before (or so they claim). Nothing was missing, there were no signs I had even been anywhere near the building. But they bullied and badgered me to try and get to me to confess to something. I answered the same questions over and over. They never read me my rights, just kept questioning me. When they asked consent to search my vehicle, I said No, just because of the principle of the matter. I wasn't even out of my vehicle when they pulled in behind me. But because I looked suspicious, they claimed probable cause, said I was now in their custody, put me in the back of a car and searched my vehicle. Of course there was nothing there, not even so much as a screw driver, and they let me go, saying they believed I was there to commit a crime but they just didn't have enough evidence to arrest me. That was CRAZY! But since I have no experience with the law, no arrests or anything, I didn't know my rights. Still don't know to this day whether I could have just stopped answering questions or whether that in itself would have gotten me arrested.
well

Franklin, TN

#6 Oct 28, 2012
If they brought you in for questioning you have the right to leave at anytime unless they have read you your Miranda rights. They cannot force you to answer questions peroid even if your rights have been read because you have the right to have an attorney present.
Backoff

Gilbertsville, KY

#7 Oct 28, 2012
Former Washington County Deputy Sheriffs Sentenced To 50 Months In Prison After Pleading Guilty To Firearms And Drug Trafficking Charges

– Crimes committed while on duty
March 7, 2012
LOUISVILLE, KY – Two former Washington County, Kentucky deputy sheriffs were sentenced by United States District Judge John G. Heyburn II today, to four years and two months in prison, followed by a three year term of supervised release, announced David J. Hale, United States Attorney for the Western District of Kentucky.

Norris Wayne Bartley, age 44, and Billy Joe Mattingly, age 42, both of Springfield, Kentucky, pled guilty to charges of possession with intent to distribute marijuana and avoided a jury trial by later entering guilty pleas to carrying a firearm during and in relation to a federal drug trafficking crime.

“Laws apply equally to everyone, even those who carry a badge,” commented U.S. Attorney Hale.“The actions of these men – law enforcement officers sworn to uphold and enforce the law – were reprehensible, particularly since they committed these crimes while armed and in uniform. They have been prosecuted as vigorously as possible.”

The Indictment alleged that on November 12, 2009, in Washington County, in the Western District of Kentucky, the defendants, each aided and abetted by the other, knowingly and intentionally possessed with intent to distribute an unspecified quantity of marijuana. The Indictment also alleged that the defendants carried firearms during and in relation to the drug trafficking crime. Bartley and Mattingly were in uniform and on duty as Washington County deputy sheriffs when, acting on information from a confidential informant working for the Kentucky State Police, they seized approximately thirty pounds of marijuana, intending to keep it and sell it rather than to properly impound it for law enforcement purposes. They were arrested without incident by Kentucky State Police officers who were conducting the investigation. Because they were on duty and carrying firearms, the case was referred for federal prosecution.

The penalty for the crime of possession of marijuana (less than fifty kilograms) with intent to distribute is not more than five years imprisonment, a fine of not more than $250,000, and a term of supervised release of at least two years. The penalty for the crime of carrying a firearm during and in relation to a federal drug trafficking crime is at least five years imprisonment, a fine of not more than $250,000, and a term of supervised release of not more than five years. Bartley and Mattingly did not receive the maximum statutory penalty due to their voluntary pleas of guilty, the absence of any criminal record, and their acceptance of responsibility and cooperation with the government, in accordance with the United States Sentencing Guidelines.

The case was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Larry Fentress, and it was investigated by the Kentucky State Police and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
ex employee

Wickliffe, KY

#8 Oct 29, 2012
and yes sledd is a fucking dick every one knows that but the for the most part the dep. at the jail are jiust doing there jobs and going home sledd should have never been out in the role of SGT every one knows that hell i think garrison and adams knows this but the ones that are harsh on the inmates ger fired ive seen more then one go for it
coly

United States

#9 Dec 22, 2012
Well back in 2008 the jailers at mccraken jail left me naked for a week, put poison in my food and beverages, and didn't provide me with any sanitary napkins, soap, deodorant. Before this happened I was trying to Sue bard Brian and judge Hines. I still can't believe that I'm alive!
here

Paducah, KY

#10 Dec 22, 2012
coly wrote:
Well back in 2008 the jailers at mccraken jail left me naked for a week, put poison in my food and beverages, and didn't provide me with any sanitary napkins, soap, deodorant. Before this happened I was trying to Sue bard Brian and judge Hines. I still can't believe that I'm alive!
I hope you realize that suing a judge is not going to work, the only way it will work is if they act out of jurisdiction. Good luck on trying that because it is not going to work.
ah

United States

#11 Dec 22, 2012
It's all about money ! Was arrested on 19 year old warrants that had already been served and disposed of in court 19 years ago , then when was released by the other county the jail continued to hold me over night just to get their state funding . Have contacted ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union ) filing suit against the jail and all employees that had direct contact with me and the rest of the inmates .
none

Tucker, GA

#12 Dec 22, 2012
Not above the law wrote:
The County Jailers are a piece of work. Nothing about them is Professional. If you ever get pulled over by A policeman or sheriff just remain calm and remember your rights. Keep your hands on the wheel where the officer can see them. Police officers in some states have the legal right to search your car if they say they “smell” drug smoke. This is a very obvious loophole, but one you have to deal with since it is the law.

When he requests them, show the officer your driverÂ’s license, registration, and proof of insurance. Try to remember the officersÂ’ badge number and patrol car numbers, although not in an obvious or confrontational manner. For instance, donÂ’t immediately ask for his name or badge number, just be mindful of it. Police WILL try to intimidate you, and they WILL make you wait. Maintain your composure, donÂ’t show fear, and be polite. The police officer will most likely ask you if you know why he pulled you over. Say as little as possible, and never admit to speeding or try to guess why you were pulled over; just say no.

Never get into an argument with the police. You cannot win an argument with a police officer. Also remember that anything you say or do can be used against you, so I have to reiterate… say as little as possible. In some cases, police can search your car without a warrant based on “probable cause”. Make it clear that you do not consent to a search so you’re legally protected later on. It’s not lawful for police to arrest you simply for refusing to consent to a search. Remember that, NEVER consent to a search.

Refusing a search DOESN’T mean you’re guilty. The age old argument:“Well sonny, honest people don’t have anything to hide” is complete nonsense. That argument has been debunked many times over. Don’t let that line influence you.
Your a retard this topic is about deputy jailers, how do you immediately take that topic and get on a soap box about the police? I can tell that you are at least a semi-educated person, however you jumped from ABCD to AB....Q4Z.
I bet

Tucker, GA

#13 Dec 22, 2012
There is po po's in here :P
definitely

Paducah, KY

#14 Dec 22, 2012
These jailors will rot in hell. Dont believe me? If you ever go to jail here, you will.

Since: Dec 12

metropolis Illinois

#15 Dec 23, 2012
I unfortunately have too much experience with the islets at mccracken county. Not all are bad..some r actually really sweet like Cliff but I agree Sledd is one of the worst I've met. He treated my son like crap when he was putting his hard earned allowance on his fathers books.

Since: Dec 12

metropolis Illinois

#16 Dec 23, 2012
allie29kat wrote:
I unfortunately have too much experience with the islets at mccracken county. Not all are bad..some r actually really sweet like Cliff but I agree Sledd is one of the worst I've met. He treated my son like crap when he was putting his hard earned allowance on his fathers books.
Guards** idk how i misspelled that so severly lol
angelwings

Dickson, TN

#17 Jan 11, 2013
I have been in memphis tenn jail and Mccracken jail was like the hilton compared to that hell hole trust me.
angelwings

Dickson, TN

#18 Jan 11, 2013
Yes jail is a horibble place thats why i studied a law book and learn as much as i could about my rights. Plus i stay the hell out of trouble !!!! So if you hate jail don't do the crime and you won't have to do the time.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#19 Jan 12, 2013
coly wrote:
Well back in 2008 the jailers at mccraken jail left me naked for a week, put poison in my food and beverages, and didn't provide me with any sanitary napkins, soap, deodorant. Before this happened I was trying to Sue bard Brian and judge Hines. I still can't believe that I'm alive!
http://www.topix.com/forum/cit y/paducah-ky/TOSC52GV4LGR75AIU
RollingMyEyes

Noblesville, IN

#20 Jan 12, 2013
coly wrote:
Well back in 2008 the jailers at mccraken jail left me naked for a week, put poison in my food and beverages, and didn't provide me with any sanitary napkins, soap, deodorant. Before this happened I was trying to Sue bard Brian and judge Hines. I still can't believe that I'm alive!
You are so full of it! I know for a fact one female deputy that would not leave you like that. I have been locked up plenty but there is one lady that treats the female inmates with respect and tries to help them so lay that crap on somebody else. Your probably a professional inmate.
your lucky

Murfreesboro, TN

#21 Jan 13, 2013
To get what you do in jail. Read your 13thgonna amendment you are a slave when you become incarcerated and have absolutly no rights they can feed you bread and water if that's what they choose so suck it up and stay out of trouble

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i want a black girl (Aug '15) 9 min Better 15
Romatix or tammys 48 min Ur a troll 87
Pastor Chad 1 hr J 11
Why do people make fake profiles/people that ma... 2 hr Tubby 3
I want some of Crystal Russells Puss 2 hr Oink 82
Paducah KY hates Christians and Jews. 3 hr R 13
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 3 hr Strong black man 10,148
WPSD Sucks! (Dec '14) 11 hr More Creepy 50

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages