IcallBS

Brentwood, TN

#21 Feb 21, 2013
Captain Oblivious,
I have never had a billing problem that Beth in Billing couldn't fix or explain.
Just because you have insurance doesn't mean everything is free once the copy is payed. It sounds like you are a disgruntled former employee or someone who doesn't think they should have to pay what they owe. Maybe you should ask Obama to pay it.
I hope you have done them a favor and not gone back.
My friends and family love the new building with all the services and the free popcorn at Strawberry Hills Pharmacy.
Their new Doc, Dr. Walters is wonderful.
We are leaving Four Rivers to follow him.
CaptainObvious

Paducah, KY

#22 Feb 22, 2013
Actually I'm an Insurance Agent, so I know exactly how it works. Let me break it down for you Barney style since your reading comprehension has failed.
At DM if you have an appt you pay your copay (with the exception of other labs/tests) if you use the walk-in service you get an extraordinary bill.
At FR if you have an appt you pay your copay (still similar) if you use the walk-in service you pay (are you ready?) your copay.
I'll leave the billing issues alone, unfortunately I have coding books from school and had to go over every bill with a fine-tooth comb and dispute the frequent issues. Accidents happen, but not that often. And to their credit, they were fixed accordingly every time after it was questioned.
FYI

Paducah, KY

#23 Feb 22, 2013
CaptainObvious wrote:
Actually I'm an Insurance Agent, so I know exactly how it works. Let me break it down for you Barney style since your reading comprehension has failed.
At DM if you have an appt you pay your copay (with the exception of other labs/tests) if you use the walk-in service you get an extraordinary bill.
At FR if you have an appt you pay your copay (still similar) if you use the walk-in service you pay (are you ready?) your copay.
I'll leave the billing issues alone, unfortunately I have coding books from school and had to go over every bill with a fine-tooth comb and dispute the frequent issues. Accidents happen, but not that often. And to their credit, they were fixed accordingly every time after it was questioned.
I know for a fact that DM doesn't charge any different for a walk-in visit than they do for an appt, so copay is still accepted for walk-ins and if the patient's insurance applies other services outside of the ov to deductible, then yes the patient will be billed for those services. But please understand that is the decision of the insurance company and not DM as to what the patient is charged. It doesn't matter what amount any Dr.s office charges, There is an allowed amount by the insurance company and the Dr.s office has to write off the difference. This is called a contractual write off. Therefore if patient's are not happy with what they are being billed, they need to complain to their ins. company and not the Dr.s office b/c they are the ones that decide patient's responsibility.
jim

Murray, KY

#24 Feb 22, 2013
didnt they stop taking medicare?
CaptainObvious

Paducah, KY

#25 Feb 22, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact that DM doesn't charge any different for a walk-in visit than they do for an appt, so copay is still accepted for walk-ins and if the patient's insurance applies other services outside of the ov to deductible, then yes the patient will be billed for those services. But please understand that is the decision of the insurance company and not DM as to what the patient is charged. It doesn't matter what amount any Dr.s office charges, There is an allowed amount by the insurance company and the Dr.s office has to write off the difference. This is called a contractual write off. Therefore if patient's are not happy with what they are being billed, they need to complain to their ins. company and not the Dr.s office b/c they are the ones that decide patient's responsibility.
That's funny, I've got several hundred in receipts to say otherwise.
FYI

Paducah, KY

#26 Feb 22, 2013
CaptainObvious wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, I've got several hundred in receipts to say otherwise.
Wow! Really would like to see those b/c I have several hundred myself to prove the fact.
FYI

Sedalia, KY

#27 Feb 22, 2013
jim wrote:
didnt they stop taking medicare?
No they only stopped taking Medicaid.
jim

Murray, KY

#28 Feb 22, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
No they only stopped taking Medicaid.
thankyou
patient

Murfreesboro, TN

#29 Feb 23, 2013
Why did Dr Walters leave 4 Rivers?
joe

Murray, KY

#30 Feb 24, 2013
bassi issues
Dislike Dallas

Paducah, KY

#31 Feb 24, 2013
We have had NUMEROUS issues dealing with Beth in the billing department. Would recommend that anyone find somewhere else to go!
DrWaltersFan

Brentwood, TN

#32 Feb 25, 2013
Dr. Walters is great. The opposite of Dr. Lorch. I liked Dr. Bassi too. Wish he would drop Dr. Lorch.
Hateful

Owensboro, KY

#33 Feb 26, 2013
The staff is very rude, the nurses especially! Won't go back.
Love Dallas

Brentwood, TN

#34 Feb 27, 2013
I think it is a wonderful place to go. The only times I didn't feel like it was as good was when Dr. Cecil's circus was there. The new building is unbelievable. I've never had to deal with billing. But I pay my bills so I probably won't get to meet Beth.
curious

Chicago, IL

#35 Feb 27, 2013
Do they hand out opiates easily?
Wanttomeet

Cadiz, KY

#36 Apr 1, 2013
Who the blonde nurse that's not always there during the week Ive only seen her there on weekends . Kinda heavy , she single ?
ummm

Scottsburg, IN

#38 Apr 2, 2013
curious wrote:
Do they hand out opiates easily?
No not at all
Dooley

Paducah, KY

#39 Apr 2, 2013
I really like DM. I dropped Baptist Prime Care, and VERY glad I did. Everyone at DM was really nice. They even gave me free samples (I didn't have to ask for them). BPC.. NEVER did that! It helped me out a lot since I have no health insurance.
Riley

Nashville, TN

#40 Apr 2, 2013
If you don't have insurance go to the clinic at Walmart. They can only do certain things but the times I have been there, they were really nice and know their stuff.
James

Paducah, KY

#42 Apr 5, 2013
Wanttomeet wrote:
Who the blonde nurse that's not always there during the week Ive only seen her there on weekends . Kinda heavy , she single ?
With slanted eyes? Single as far as I know but kind of nuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is court in Christian or McCracken 10 min Could 31
Doe's Eat Place 14 min Unseasoned 9
Gold Rush Cafe 14 min Tried it also 7
Country aire mobile home 2016 34 min Ratkiller 2
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 1 hr teensy 3,315
Athenas bookstore (Mar '11) 1 hr Horny 83
Trina Fowler 1 hr DontDoIt 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages