Questions about Weddings in Paducah

Posted in the Paducah Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bride2be

Franklin, TN

#1 Jan 5, 2011
I am new to the area and I was wondering if there are places that people have wedding showers around here. Im not a member of a church so that's out of the question really. There doesnt seem to be a place that would work that would be reasonably priced. Also, who are the best caterers, planners, florists, photographers, etc? Any suggestions would be great, thanks!!
Meagan

Paducah, KY

#2 Jan 5, 2011
Here is a web site of an annual Expo that is in Paducah every year.

www.bristolbridalexpo.com

There are hundreds of vendors with great products to offer and they have door prises too. I find that the men dont really enjoy going, but it is fun for the bride and friends. It is going to be January 29th 2011.
Bride2be

Franklin, TN

#4 Jan 5, 2011
Thank you so much! Im also hoping to hear some personal stories or references from people that have used different vendors
Anonymous

Detroit, MI

#5 Jan 5, 2011
Bride2be wrote:
I am new to the area and I was wondering if there are places that people have wedding showers around here. Im not a member of a church so that's out of the question really. There doesnt seem to be a place that would work that would be reasonably priced. Also, who are the best caterers, planners, florists, photographers, etc? Any suggestions would be great, thanks!!
Renees off exit 3
Joe Wells

United States

#7 Jan 5, 2011
I plan on going to the Bridal Expo. I've heard alot of good things about the expo, and can't wait to go so we can start planning our wedding. :)
Anonymous

Paducah, KY

#8 Jan 5, 2011
Limelight Studio Photography are GREAT photographers, they do wonderful work ESP with weddings!
PDA

Worth, IL

#9 Jan 5, 2011
Check dance studios in the area- not only do some people rent the floor out for receptions, etc. but kill two birds with one stone and learn a first dance, too.
sos

Franklin, TN

#10 Jan 5, 2011
My friend used Your Day by PJ decoration/planning and Little Edibles catering for her wedding. It was amazing! The food was great and the decorations were beautiful. They have a whole network of people. I heard that PJ, the decorator, bought a house in lowertown that they are going to use for showers and weddings. I drove by it and it's gorgeous!!
Daisy

United States

#11 Jan 5, 2011
Madison Hall is great for reception, shower,ceremony, pretty much everything.
Yes and no

Worth, IL

#12 Jan 5, 2011
I love Madison Hall because it's beautiful, but the acoustics aren't so great if you want live music. I miss the dances they used to have there- it really is pretty.
Random

Franklin, TN

#13 Jan 6, 2011
Ive heard that people at Occasions Unlimited are really rude and brash to people.
rolltide

Owensboro, KY

#15 Jan 6, 2011
I would NOT recommend Artisan Kitchen! Mean, nasty, rude people....
not limeligjt

Hermitage, TN

#16 Jan 6, 2011
I hear limelight studio is not good to use. I have heard the photographers are not any good and the dark headed one gets in everyones business.
New Bride

Nashville, TN

#17 Jan 6, 2011
Cake - Maria Wilke...our wedding cake was beautiful and the price point was right on.

Artisan Kitchen is overpriced. Their food is good, but not worth it. Sorry, David. I disagree with the mean, nasty, rude people part, however. I have always had an excellent experience with them.

The people at Occasions Unlimited ARE rude and nasty. You can purchase a lot of the things they rent for the same price. I would not recommend them at all.

Elaquence Photography did my pictures and did a wonderful job.

Rhew Hendley has always taken care of my family's flowers for any need. They did my flowers for my wedding. They were expensive, but the flowers I picked out were not cheap (roses, lillies, etc.). They did a beautiful job!! Donna and Lynn the BEST!
Outstanding

Nashville, TN

#18 Jan 6, 2011
Madison Hall is pretty, I would prefer to wait til spring and do it outdoors.

Tina aka tlo

“#istandwithrand RAND PAUL 2016”

Since: Aug 10

miss paducah ky that is

#19 Jan 6, 2011
lighthouse landing is pretty in grand rivers i wanna get married either on the roof of the carson center or at todd ferrins lol :P Or maybe i might go out of town i did a lot of research and yeah the bristols bridal expo has all kinds of vendors

Tina aka tlo

“#istandwithrand RAND PAUL 2016”

Since: Aug 10

miss paducah ky that is

#20 Jan 6, 2011
i liked that plantation but read they are turning it to business offices or something like that
MrsQ

Franklin, TN

#21 Jan 6, 2011
I used Pj of your day by pj and she did an amazing job. If you use her and little edibles together, you get a discount. Madison hall is pretty but like someone said before, Pj bought a house downtown that she's gonna have weddings and things at. Id definitely call her for planning and all that you need. Everyone uses the same couple of places, so using that place she bought would be unique and different.
Anonymous

Johnson City, TN

#22 Jan 6, 2011
not limeligjt wrote:
I hear limelight studio is not good to use. I have heard the photographers are not any good and the dark headed one gets in everyones business.
That sucks that you heard that cuz I use them for like everything and I've never had any problems, and have always been pleased with their work!
cake

White Plains, KY

#23 Jan 6, 2011
Cakes by Design, an individual whose been doing cakes for at least 30 years. She has a Facebook with pictures :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nastiest Cooch In Paducah 2 min teensy 28
~~Last Post wins~~ (Jan '13) 3 min teensy 4,789
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 6 min teensy 3,277
~~Song Title Game~~ (Jan '13) 7 min teensy 4,310
adam kennedy (Apr '13) 1 hr rehab2008 3
Donald Blake 1 hr say what 2
tiki 2 hr hey 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages