Paducah, KY

#1 May 27, 2012
who thinks this will last...
white!!

Paducah, KY

#2 May 27, 2012
glossycover wrote:
it's only for the rich, so I think it will?? No for the middle or poor class!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3 May 27, 2012
Whos running it?
MeMe

Paducah, KY

#4 May 27, 2012
glossycover wrote:

Nope went in their Wednesday prices high so went to Krogers same things I was goimg to but were cheeper
Unity

United States

#5 May 27, 2012
They are way over price. You would think just starting out they would want to be Cheaper or the Same as the other Chain Store.
madman

Brentwood, TN

#6 May 27, 2012
glossycover wrote:
Caters to a certain clientele (no surprise, it IS Paducah afterall); owners certainly would not accomodate mfg. coupons from working mothers! I think it will do ok for awhile, give it a year. Funny thing is, some of the folks that attended their soft opening are most in a bind also. Few of my friends went and bought things they could not afford, and they are as unemployed as dirt. It is all about appearances dahling. I remember the folks that owned that market 30 years ago. Bet they are spinning in their graves.
Lmao

Paducah, KY

#7 May 27, 2012
What are you all complaining about? They already have grocery stores in Paducah that cater to the less fortunate. It's called Walmart, Krogers, Super Valu, Aldi's, etc.. They will accept your food stamps or EBT cards. So stop complaining.
white!!

Paducah, KY

#8 May 27, 2012
Lmao wrote:
What are you all complaining about? They already have grocery stores in Paducah that cater to the less fortunate. It's called Walmart, Krogers, Super Valu, Aldi's, etc.. They will accept your food stamps or EBT cards. So stop complaining.
you must be a f**king rich bitch!! We said that only the rich will shop there!!its for the rich that don't like to shop at krogers, super valu.
Neshota

Pontiac, IL

#9 May 27, 2012
We went yesterday and purchased a few things that you cannot get anywhere else and I think this will be the appeal. For example, we love red beans & rice and they are carrying the original Camellia Beans. They were reasonably priced, cheaper than ordering them online. I also enjoyed a wonderful dish called "Sally's Summer Salad". I purchased a one pint container and it was delicious. I picked up some squash, zuccini and Cabot cheese. SuperValu carries Cabot but the price was about the same and I was already there, so...
It was something new to see and do and I will be going back for sure....
glossycover

Paducah, KY

#10 May 27, 2012
maybe it's changed already, but, when i was in there they did not take food stamps. and i think it's okay to pay a little more for something you really want.
Lmao

Paducah, KY

#11 May 27, 2012
[QUOTE who="white!!"]<qu oted text>
you must be a f**king rich bitch!! We said that only the rich will shop there!!its for the rich that don't like to shop at krogers, super valu.[/QUOTE]
Krogers sucks, Super Valu is where I shop for the most part. So thanks for calling me a "f**king rich bitch"...... The midtown market had things that other places don't. If you don't wanna pay their prices, keep shopping at Krogers, Super Valu, etc.. Especially if you intend on paying for your groceries with tax payer money from the government!!
great store

United States

#13 May 27, 2012
I went in there looking just to look and found several great buys. If you want the same ole crap go to wal-mart but if you want the freshest fruit and vegetables then check them out. I was very happy.
Lmao

Paducah, KY

#14 May 27, 2012
[QUOTE who="white!!"]<qu oted text>
I am a male so I don't get government money!! That must be how you pay for your groceries.[/QUOTE]
If I relied on food stamps, why would I also shop at the Midtown Market... Which I doubt accepts food stamps? Nice try though.
whatever

Paducah, KY

#15 May 27, 2012
I don't get government aid of any kind and my husband and I are far from being rich. I like the fresh produce they had and some of the fruit. I saw people of all walks of life in there so I would not say that it caters to the rich but you know what, obviously, if one can not afford the prices that are set, then one can always go somewhere else. I hope that this grocery is a success- the price on some of the roasts in there beat all the groceries around and no, I don't buy roast all the time. My philosophy-you get what you pay for, and if you want fresh vegetables and fruit then expect to pay a little more. If you want cheap, then go somewhere else.
MeMe

Paducah, KY

#16 May 27, 2012
Aldies is the best on fruits and veges best prices too and fresh
Unity

United States

#17 May 27, 2012
Although they have high prices on most items. I hope midtown succeed. One thing I did like is you can sample different fruits before you buy. As time goes on you will probally see a few price adjustments.

Tina aka tlo

“#istandwithrand RAND PAUL 2016”

Since: Aug 10

miss paducah ky that is

#18 May 28, 2012
Love it had a wrap and fruit andys my boy will be goin bk :)
where

Paducah, KY

#19 May 28, 2012
I have not heard of the mid-town market. Where is it, exactly? And for the comedians, obviously mid-town, right!?
whatever

Paducah, KY

#20 May 28, 2012
where wrote:
I have not heard of the mid-town market. Where is it, exactly? And for the comedians, obviously mid-town, right!?
Mid-town is where the old Myrick's Grocery use to be by First Baptist on Broadway. A lot of people do not know where it is so don't feel bad.
last straw

Paducah, KY

#21 May 28, 2012
is it a franchise

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 10 min So what 3,842
Sara Conner (Apr '14) 11 min Save 9
Extending Concrete Patio 29 min PleaseHelp 1
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 43 min Chanta53 7,685
Juliana Valencia (Jan '15) 48 min Dean 23
Parkview (Jul '15) 54 min Kenya 50
Degrees & licenses 1 hr Tony 3
Jennifer Rukavina 15 hr teensy 41

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web