Doug

Memphis, TN

#62 Jun 30, 2012
I never worked for Ingram but I've fuelled most of their boats on the Lower here at Memphis.
Good boats.
I used to ride for Orgulf Transports 20 years ago but they got bought out by Ingram in '00.
It was kind of wierd watching the Dick Conerly become the Martha Ingram.Almost as wierd as watching your brother become your sister.
bman

Lexington, KY

#63 Jun 30, 2012
well i will be driving my personal vehicle to paducah. Will there be a place there i can keep my car?
bman

Nicholasville, KY

#64 Jul 2, 2012
i was curious to know what ingram looks for in the background check? ive got some mistameaner charges but no felony charges.
bman

Lexington, KY

#65 Jul 9, 2012
Hi again everyone i done my medical questionaire couple of days ago after submitting it it said orientation cant be scheduled until i present medical documentation,but i called ingram and asked about it and they said baptistworks will contact me if they have any questions im scheduled for orientation july 23rd.i still havnt taken the drug test or anything im just trying to get everything lined up right.im currently employed i gave them a 2 weeks notice already im just stressing because im still not sure if ingram is going to hire me or what.if anyone has any advice please help. thanks

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#66 Jul 9, 2012
The medical documentation they want is in regards to the medication I take it? Sounds like you are good to go, if Ingram's not worried about it, I wouldn't be either. Good luck and keep us updated!
bman

Lexington, KY

#67 Jul 9, 2012
thanks man ill keep you guys up to date wish me luck
well

Charleston, WV

#68 Jul 11, 2012
did you get it,or not.I heard just about anyone can work for them,I mean have you seen or worked with any?I won't mention any names but there is this one guy that has a crush on my Guy friend.Everytime we go to the Bar he Looks at him the whole time.
Towboater

United States

#69 Aug 16, 2012
Ingram is a great company. Excellent pay, excellent benefits and plenty of room for advancement if you work for it. They are a very family oriented company and take very good care of their employees. Ive been here 4 yrs and wouldnt give it up for anything else. Yeah the pay aint the best starting out, but you advance quickly with significant raises and plus where else are you gonna get 6 months paid vacation a year. You get paid gas mileage to work, a boot allowance every year, and an allowance for winter gear every year, coats, coveralls, etc. Anybody that has posted negative comments abou the company is probably some dumbasses that got fired for not being safe or failing drug tests. Anyone that has been here a while usually has only positive things to say about the company. Good luck on orientation. Amd if your on the river stay safe River Ratt

Maryland Heights, MO

#70 Sep 12, 2012
swampdonkey wrote:
Anytime. Feel free to ask any questions. Its a great place to work and it isn't for everybody, but I love it there.
I hope u can answer a puzzling question for me. My husband has been trying to get on at ingram he is 45 , someone gave him a recommendation and really got his hopes up.A lady called after a month after his application was sent in personally by a employee. She didn't seem happy when she called him.She said she only cslled him because of the person and she asked a few questions and then said , that is easn't s good canidate because he hasn't had hard labor work 3years out of 5. he told her working on a 14 wheeler does have physical work and some eork out side and did do 9construction work when he was younger. And he knew he could do the job and was very interested. She said he could .ot be a ca.didate for there company. I know they hire young kids right out of high school. They don't have 3years out 5 outside hard work experience. Was she up set at the petson that recommendef me or what kinda puzzled. love to know. i put in another app. without a recomendation by some one this time
Anonymous

Trezevant, TN

#71 Sep 14, 2012
I had a phone interview from Ingram Barge that left me wondering if they would be calling me back with a job offer. The interview went well but i wish they would at least give me heads up. The interview was three days ago. Does anyone have insight as to when they call back after the phone interview.
Thanks
no no

Franklin, TN

#72 Sep 22, 2012
run the other way
dog

Franklin, TN

#73 Sep 22, 2012
Doug Key was very rud today at the dragin boat race wow wow wow
towboater

United States

#74 Sep 22, 2012
You'll make good money I brought home 1500 last week so you think on that
towboater

United States

#75 Sep 22, 2012
bman wrote:
well i will be driving my personal vehicle to paducah. Will there be a place there i can keep my car?
In a secured fence
towboater

United States

#76 Sep 22, 2012
bman wrote:
Hi again everyone i done my medical questionaire couple of days ago after submitting it it said orientation cant be scheduled until i present medical documentation,but i called ingram and asked about it and they said baptistworks will contact me if they have any questions im scheduled for orientation july 23rd.i still havnt taken the drug test or anything im just trying to get everything lined up right.im currently employed i gave them a 2 weeks notice alr stressing because im still not sure if ingram is going to hire me or what.if anyone has any advice please help. thanks
Baptist works or healthworks?
lineboater

Chicago, IL

#77 Sep 23, 2012
dog wrote:
Doug Key was very rud today at the dragin boat race wow wow wow
yea doug key is an arrogant dick
North Mississippi

United States

#78 Oct 3, 2012
To all of you guys that are going through the interview process. How long did it take from the time you submitted your application until they called for the phone interview? I have been put under the impression that the hire almost everyone? I have been working around the country as an entertainment rigger for over 4 years and a stagehand for over 6 years. I am only 24 and during high school I worked landscaping. It would be hard for me to believe that anyone would think I couldn't do this job. My application was submitted online a week ago. Any suggestions would be great.
North Mississippi

United States

#79 Oct 3, 2012
I have applied to Ingram, Canal, Aep, Kirby, etc... Too many to remember. I have a TWIC also.
Wondering

United States

#80 Nov 1, 2012
Do they hire deckhands this time of year???
swampdonkey

Overland Park, KS

#81 Nov 2, 2012
Yes. Deckhands are hired near year round. Hiring slows from like January to March/April.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Football season 2016 14 min Touchdown 43
Best value kitchens of europe reviews 23 min selamet 1
lonely husband here 25 min Ezgo 2
John Christopher Perry 28 min Nerium CEO_ Reali... 2
ci 45 min Stay away 4
Is tlo still married to Adam? 45 min Zach 1
Megan Lyles 1 hr Hate Much 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paducah Mortgages