First Prev
of 13
Next Last
jake

Centre, AL

#1 Jun 13, 2011
I am going for an interview for ingram barge company. Can someone please tell me what to expect? I have friends saying that i wont make any money and some that say I will make great money. I work in alabama in a small town making 333 dollars a week. Surely I can make more than that. Does anyone know what a deckhand will start out at at the entry level? and how long it takes to move up? I have already had a call in interview and next I have a face to face interview. Does anyone think think that I would get the job since I have the actual interview coming up. Thanks so much. I am just stressing out wondering if it will be worth quitting my current job or not.
d

White Plains, KY

#2 Jun 13, 2011
jake wrote:
I am going for an interview for ingram barge company. Can someone please tell me what to expect? I have friends saying that i wont make any money and some that say I will make great money. I work in alabama in a small town making 333 dollars a week. Surely I can make more than that. Does anyone know what a deckhand will start out at at the entry level? and how long it takes to move up? I have already had a call in interview and next I have a face to face interview. Does anyone think think that I would get the job since I have the actual interview coming up. Thanks so much. I am just stressing out wondering if it will be worth quitting my current job or not.
I have worked here for years, it's a great company to work for.
fox11

United States

#3 Jun 13, 2011
From what I have heard u make like 140 a day or something like that so its not to bad idk how long u will be on and off the boat though and how there insurance works I been working with Aep and I have never heard nothing bad about Ingram
kenny rupp west pad ky

Galax, VA

#4 Jun 13, 2011
fox 11 and d.just letting you know your comments should help jake.so many ask a serious queston and ask for help and get stupid feedbacks from smartass's.i was on the river for 11 years.so from one river rat to another be safe.
jake

Centre, AL

#5 Jun 13, 2011
Thanks so much for the feedback!
bridgerunner

United States

#6 Jun 16, 2011
Ingram has its good points and bad points. Ultimately they are the lowest most coniviveing Bastards that ever ran the rivers, meaning they are there to make money and they make their people money good benifits and ins. and ways to advance . Good luck ,be safe.
DuKeHaTeR

Tomball, TX

#8 Jun 16, 2011
Don't go it's not worth it,..hope u don't get hired
The hater of DuKeHaTeR

Dunmor, KY

#9 Jun 16, 2011
DuKeHaTeR wrote:
Don't go it's not worth it,..hope u don't get hired
Dude you are the reason birth control created!!!
The hater of DuKeHaTeR

Dunmor, KY

#10 Jun 16, 2011
Excuse me... You are the reason birth control WAS created
jake

Centre, AL

#11 Jun 16, 2011
I went for the interview and yes I did get hired. But I dont think I can do it for 141 a day. Thats actually 70.50 a day when split and its 5.80 an hour. I already have great ins for 44 dollars a month. So I dont see how it can be worth it in the long run. Any input?
jay

United States

#12 Jun 16, 2011
Yeah that's just starting out I've been working at ingram for awhile now and the more you advance the more money you make I work 6 months a year and make 45,000 dollars that's not bad at all just look at the pay scale they gave you
Tj wells

Detroit, MI

#13 Jun 16, 2011
Ingram sux in lots of ways...bein gone alot gets old...u sacrifice ur life for $...count the cost...is it really worth it ?? Did it for over 10yrs n i think not !!
DuKeHaTeR

Dunmor, KY

#14 Jun 16, 2011
Told u so
jay

United States

#15 Jun 17, 2011
Well of course it does but when I'm home I'm home I work 28 days on and 28 home I dont pay for gas or breakfast lunch or dinner I have my own room with my tv and dish network I can use my phone whenever I want to and a nice hot shower what more could I ask for ... I won't disagree wit you about the part about being gone it does suck but I gotta make a living and I rather do it doing something I like
The hater of DuKeHaTeR

Dunmor, KY

#16 Jun 17, 2011
DuKeHaTeR wrote:
Told u so
For someone who make a 6 figure salary... your grammar sucks.
DuKeHaTeR

Dunmor, KY

#17 Jun 18, 2011
The hater of DuKeHaTeR wrote:
<quoted text>For someone who make a 6 figure salary... your grammar sucks.
Thanks
curious

Salem, AR

#18 Jun 30, 2011
Hey when you got your phone interview did they tell you immediately that you would be getting a second interview or did they make you wait a week?
co-dore

Russellville, KY

#19 Aug 18, 2011
jake wrote:
shouldbe good place to work especially after they complete ACL pruchase
jdjdjd

Hermitage, TN

#20 Aug 18, 2011
curious wrote:
Hey when you got your phone interview did they tell you immediately that you would be getting a second interview or did they make you wait a week?
Shut up Randy. You're a loser. Probably should not have quit your last job. You Douche. You can't even take care of your kids
d

Pflugerville, TX

#21 Aug 18, 2011
co-dore wrote:
<quoted text>shouldbe good place to work especially after they complete ACL pruchase
Ingram is not purchasing acl national maintenance did

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Laken white willhelm 9 min who dis 7
Tammys 20 min bigdaddy 5
Jamie sawyers (Mar '15) 1 hr PNM 28
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 1 hr teensy 8,499
At the end of the day 1 hr !!! 37
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 2 hr So what 5,023
ppl love themselves some me 2 hr Frend 4

Paducah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance