First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lovetoshop

Metropolis, IL

#1 Apr 1, 2012
Has anyone else encountered the RUDE manager at Rue 21 in the mall. I usually go in there when I am in the mall (a couple times a month) and she is super rude. I asked her one day if they had a size or if they would be getting any in and instead of politely saying "No", she never looked up from the paper she was reading to mumble, "WE DON'T EVER KNOW WHAT WE ARE GETTING!!!" You would have think as many years as I have seen this lady at various stores in the mall, someone would have schooled her now on customer service, guess not. Pretty sad.
lovetoshop

Metropolis, IL

#2 Apr 1, 2012
Cell phone typos, think=thought, schooled her by now

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3 Apr 1, 2012
lovetoshop wrote:
Has anyone else encountered the RUDE manager at Rue 21 in the mall. I usually go in there when I am in the mall (a couple times a month) and she is super rude. I asked her one day if they had a size or if they would be getting any in and instead of politely saying "No", she never looked up from the paper she was reading to mumble, "WE DON'T EVER KNOW WHAT WE ARE GETTING!!!" You would have think as many years as I have seen this lady at various stores in the mall, someone would have schooled her now on customer service, guess not. Pretty sad.
Have you complained to HER boss?
Agreed

United States

#4 Apr 3, 2012
I would have to say she is the most unprofessional manager that I have ever encountered in retail. Besides being rude and unhelpful she is loud and encouages her staff to continue conversations with her while there are customers waiting to check out.
I hate that store

Paducah, KY

#6 Apr 4, 2012
I went in that store last year to buy a couple of shirts for a vacation. I had a lot of bags from other stores and they made me leave them behind the check out counter while I tried on clothes. After I got in the room I thought WTF, they don't trust me, so I shouldn't trust them. I didn't even try on the clothes and looked in all my bags before I left. I had spent over 300.00 at VS and thought I should make sure they hadn't stole from me! I'll never shop there, besides their clothes are cheap as in bad quality.
lovetoshop

Metropolis, IL

#7 Apr 4, 2012
I also think she may be a bit racist. She has never bothered me, but I went in with a black co-worker one day and she was going to buy one of the 9.99 bottles of perfume, and as we passed the counter, she asked her to leave it at the counter while we went to the back by the sale racks. She left it alright, right there at the counter and took her business elsewhere!
Lol

Paducah, KY

#8 Apr 4, 2012
Somebody needs to call corporate on her seriousley!! We all need to so this is all stopped!!!
??WHY??

United States

#9 Apr 4, 2012
I've always had to give them my bags when I tried on clothes there. I've worked retail in several places and I couldn't understand why i had to do that. It's not like If someone stole something they would lose a lot anyways. There is hardly anything over 20.00 there! Why would you steal something so cheap?
i agree

Smithland, KY

#10 Apr 5, 2012
Eliza Purcell works there or used to, havent been in a while, and she was always very rude to me. I dont like the store & havent been in a while and dont plan to go back.
horse lover

Metropolis, IL

#11 Apr 5, 2012
sounds like dollar general on southside
but

Monee, IL

#12 Apr 5, 2012
sounds like she needs to take it n the butt a few times. it would help with the attitude. lol
wtf

Greenville, KY

#13 Apr 5, 2012
What does the girl look like?
Lol

Paducah, KY

#14 Apr 5, 2012
The manager is fat with short blonde hair
i agree

Smithland, KY

#15 Apr 6, 2012
Eliza is also fat with short blonde hair.. Bitch. I really cannot stand her.
disagree love rue 21

Carbondale, IL

#16 Apr 7, 2012
i take my daughters in there a lot and we have never had anyone there act rude to us, they seem to always be really busy trying to fold clothes and make the store look nice, we especially like the girl with really long blonde hair, she is always smiling, and speaks, and she wears the cutest outfits, my daughters love to ask her for advice, they trust her opinion more than mine, lol, if you dont like the store dont shop there, but we will be going back again and again
Johnny

Paducah, KY

#17 May 14, 2012
They are actually trying to hire someone new right now. Saw it on monster job.
wow

Murray, KY

#18 May 14, 2012
guess everyone on here is perfect and never had a bad day or mistakenly been rude to anyone EVER in their life
lovestoshop

Metropolis, IL

#19 May 14, 2012
Not to say people don't have "bad" days, but as a store manager, you get paid by the company that you work for to represent your store. Being friendly to customers is part of the job, it is what keeps customers coming back. I have been in there probably a 100 times since they opened and this lady has never went out of her way to be nice to anyone that was in the store when I was in there. Maybe she will perk up if her DM makes a visit :)
Nahhh

Paducah, KY

#20 May 14, 2012
If you aint smashin on somebody, this isn't the place for you
ex-customer

Paducah, KY

#21 May 14, 2012
I went in RUE 21 one time and will never go back. I am a middle-aged lady, not exactly the age group that would be stereotyped as the more potential shoplifters. I wasn't even wearing a jacket, nor carrying a purse. Just a small fanny-pack around my waist with my cash, keys and probably hand-sanitizer. I picked out 2 pairs of sun-glasses and 3-4 pairs of leggings to try on. At that time I had not noticed the tiny little mirrors on the rotating display rack. I headed to the dressing room to try on the leggings and see how the sunglasses looked, but was stopped before I could even walk into one. The rude gal insisted not only on counting the hangers, but that I actually hand her all the clothes and let her count them. And she said I could not take the sun glasses into the dressing room with me. WTF? As if after her SEEING that I had 2 pairs of sunglasses I would decide to stuff them down my bra and RUN (I can't run anyway. A brisk walk is my best) through the entire mall, into the parking lot, which would all be captured on video, over some $10 sunglasses? Seriously, it was just uncalled for. While trying on the leggings, which I did like, I decided that I would not give such a place any of my business. I hung them all back on the rack and left the sunglasses on whatever counter she said they would be at, without even trying them on. Why don't they just use security tags instead of making people feel like suspects??? I'll never go back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What guy is the best lay in Paducah? 7 min happy tits 45
Cortnee Rogers 34 min dragonweener 21
Megan Lyles 1 hr Lol 6
tfy 2 hr lee 4
Where is your E-Cig juice being made? 2 hr curious 3
girls with pink hair (Nov '13) 2 hr confused 36
Jennifer middelton 3 hr openureyes 1
McCracken County Principal 12 hr ESB 61
Paducah Dating
Find my Match