Woman's partially clothed body found ...

Woman's partially clothed body found in water off Pacifica Pier...

There are 11 comments on the Pacifica Tribune story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Woman's partially clothed body found in water off Pacifica Pier.... In it, Pacifica Tribune reports that:

The partially clothed body of a middle-aged woman was spotted floating in the water by fishermen early Wednesday near Pacifica Pier, police reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pacifica Tribune.

outraged

Half Moon Bay, CA

#1 Feb 13, 2009
NOW they post this, nine days later. How about posting the official cause of death, which Sharp Park residents and family/friends have been waiting for? Hopefully it won't sound as foolish as what they claim the poor woman on the golf course died of--cooling herself off.
Pacifica Truth Police

Berkeley, CA

#2 Feb 13, 2009
"There's no sign of foul play..." said Pacifica police Capt. Fernando Realyvasquez

This is why da captain gets paid da big bucks. And for those of you who aren't used to dead human bodies floating by the pier while your are sipping your latte, or right smack dab in front of you as you are lining up a difficult five iron shot, please stop your unfounded, baseless conspiracy theories. Our boys in blue are simply the finest...
wtf

Half Moon Bay, CA

#3 Feb 13, 2009
Seems strange two women undressed themselves before dying in the water...hmmmm. Oh well, we're in good hands.
outraged

Half Moon Bay, CA

#4 Feb 13, 2009
wtf wrote:
Seems strange two women undressed themselves before dying in the water...hmmmm. Oh well, we're in good hands.
My personal favorite Realyvasquez quote is this gem: "The younger a person is when they're deceased, it gets a little more suspicious." Amazing!

That's taken from articles covering the lady found at the golf course, like this one: http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_11264373
Jonathan Swift

Half Moon Bay, CA

#5 Feb 13, 2009
jezuz christ if this were an episode of CSI we'd be in the first 5 minutes and they'd be looking for a connection.
California Native

Chico, CA

#6 Feb 14, 2009
Do the police even read these posts? Do they ever consider that the public doesn't buy the explanations they give for these deaths? Why is nothing ever done to really force the police to do their job! Its an outrage!
Pacifica Resident

Palo Alto, CA

#7 Feb 17, 2009
I'm unhappy with the police in Pacifica. Had my house broken into and I asked the police if they think this was connected to any of the several prior break ins with a similar style the previous owner experienced. Their answer? "Yeah, we are aware of those other break ins but I doubt it's connected. Anyway, that guy who used to break in here is probably dead by now."
Curious

Daly City, CA

#8 Feb 22, 2009
This is just insane. Information given to the residents in Pacifica is very limited, and there is never any follow up information. This is very disturbing and many don't believe that these victims are victims of natural causes. I understand that information probably can't be released but the community needs to be informed that information can not be released at this time verses being told odd causes. I've lived here all my life and things like this just don't happen twice within close range of each other and in the same area.
Concerned

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Feb 23, 2009
I am related to the 2nd woman that was found and we also so not have any answers, my brother in law only told us that they told him that they found her in the water and we are waiting for the autopsy. We live out of state and I was us there for a few days and was not able to get no answers. I will not let this rest, I know she would have not taken her own life my mom stated she had talked to her the day she became missing and then she received a phone call and that was the last time she was seen. They are not sure who it was. But I will not rest and let this go until I find out what happen, the police could not or would not give me any answers. I will not let this go I know there is not much I can do from here but I am going to do what I can.
Pacifica Truth Police

United States

#10 Feb 23, 2009
Concerned wrote:
I will not let this go I know there is not much I can do from here but I am going to do what I can.
Contact the TV show "Unsolved Mysteries" at http://www.unsolved.com/
The bad publicity might force the hand of Pacifica's finest. Also, follow up with the San Mateo Times and the San Francisco Chronicle. More bad publicity... a great motivator! Write a Letter to the Editor at the Pacifica Tribune. State your case. If the Trib has the integrity to print it, which I'm not sure they do, you can effectively embarass the PPD into doing their job. No doubt they will be asking the taxpayers for more money in the very near future.

Also consider contacting/filing a complaint with the San Mateo County Sheriff's Dept and even perhaps the District Attorney's Office.

All of the above can be done wherever you live. Good luck!
Another woman found

Pacifica, CA

#11 Nov 3, 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacifica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gabrielangelo (Apr '16) 6 hr anonymous 143
News Days after election, mayors pledge to protect u... 17 hr Well Well 53
News KitchenWorks in San Rafael shrinks staff, hit w... (May '09) 19 hr Well Well 132
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 19 hr Well Well 8
News City officials to ask Kate Steinle's family to ... Fri Wildchild 1
News San Francisco schools sent more than 50,000 par... Thu tomin cali 7
News In First Post-Election Interview, Hillary Ronen... Thu Bernal Heights Re... 1

Pacifica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pacifica Mortgages