TROOP Identity to be Revealed

Posted in the Pacific Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Announcement

Arnold, MO

#1 Mar 15, 2014
A subpoena was filed with Topix to identify the ip address of the poster who was going under the name of Troop. Looks like someone will be outed soon.
ArnoldCC

Arnold, MO

#2 Mar 15, 2014
Troop hasn't been around for years.
Announcement

Arnold, MO

#3 Mar 15, 2014
Sure he has, he just changed his name.
ArnoldCC

United States

#4 Mar 15, 2014
How do you know that unless you already know who the person is?
Lucky Charms

Arnold, MO

#5 Mar 15, 2014
Great news.

If it turns out to be someone employed by the taxpayers & making a lot of comments while on-the-job:

1. termination of said job & 2. quiet settlement offered to the wronged parties on Topix.

Any bets on the identity?
googly moogly

Imperial, MO

#6 Mar 16, 2014
Lucky Charms wrote:
Great news.

If it turns out to be someone employed by the taxpayers & making a lot of comments while on-the-job:

1. termination of said job & 2. quiet settlement offered to the wronged parties on Topix.

Buzz Lightyear
Truth

Arnold, MO

#7 Mar 16, 2014
Troop is Edward Snowden!!!
ArnoldCC

Arnold, MO

#8 Mar 16, 2014
Lucky Charms wrote:
Great news.
That is up to the employer. You can't assume they would lose their job. They might jut get a reprimand. As far as the settlement, you would have to prove who was at the computer when the posts were made. If this is a public office then it could have been any number of people. Heck, it could have been more than one person. So who would you go after for the settlement?

What types of comments did Troop make that was so bad? I think Troop was before my time.

Sounds like someone going after someone else's job to just try to shut them up. I wonder who has that type of history in my opinion.
Dave74

Farmington, MO

#9 Mar 18, 2014
I'm not from your area. What was Troop posting about, and how was it illegal?
ArnoldCC

United States

#10 Mar 18, 2014
It was before my time. Not sure what it was or how it is illegal. To me it sounds like someone is using it to try to get someone fired from their job which is lower than low.
U R A HD KAS

Winter Park, FL

#11 Mar 18, 2014
People get fired from their job for violating company policy. If they don't do anything to violate company policy, they have nothing to worry about. Lowest of low would be violating policies and thinking the person turning them in was at fault for doing so.
Dave74

Farmington, MO

#12 Mar 18, 2014
U R A HD KAS wrote:
People get fired from their job for violating company policy. If they don't do anything to violate company policy, they have nothing to worry about. Lowest of low would be violating policies and thinking the person turning them in was at fault for doing so.
You seem to be in the know. What did troop do on topix that was wrong?
ArnoldCC

Arnold, MO

#13 Mar 18, 2014
U R A HD KAS wrote:
I now know who you are. Gave yourself away in that post. LOL.

Same excuse for trying to get people fired as always. And you presume to know other company's policies. Too bad you have to use that and go after people's jobs to try to shut them up in my opinion.
ArnoldCC

Arnold, MO

#14 Mar 18, 2014
And what did Troop post that was so bad?
Voice_of_a_Teach er

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Mar 21, 2014
ArnoldCC wrote:
How do you know that unless you already know who the person is?
Based on my experience reading hundreds of students' papers I believe the person who posts as Troop also posts under several other names. Regardless of the name he uses the same unpleasant vocabulary and poor diction are always evident. I hope with all my heart that he does not work for my district.
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#16 Mar 22, 2014
Any news on when this information might be coming out?

I would certainly like to know who was behind the ID. I don't think it was 'several' people using the account, but only ONE person who smugly believed he was untouchable.

I think he was doing the 'dirty work' for people close to him.

And like others, I also believe the attacks that went on against specific people for months, is actionable.

I hope the people defamed, seek damages from ALL PARTIES INVOLVED, including those who PROVIDED the information to "Troop".

I hope someone figures out where it was coming from as well-was Troop active while at work, using taxpayer-funded equipment/accounts/information ? Who was providing the confidential information about former C6 employees, to "Troop" so he could attack? etc etc

Using information given to you through personal/employer relationships is mobster-low-class. Even considering this is Jefferson County, "Troop" was one of the most vile, nastiest people many of us have ever witnessed.
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#17 Mar 22, 2014
Voice_of_a_Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on my experience reading hundreds of students' papers I believe the person who posts as Troop also posts under several other names. Regardless of the name he uses the same unpleasant vocabulary and poor diction are always evident. I hope with all my heart that he does not work for my district.
I hope so too, but I'm not optimistic about it. I thought it was pretty obvious all along who he must be, based on his commentary, the people he "defended", his interests, etc.
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#18 Mar 22, 2014
ArnoldCC wrote:
Troop hasn't been around for years.
That's not accurate.
googly moogly

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Mar 22, 2014
Eileen wrote:
<quoted text>That's not accurate.
Your mom isn't accurate
ArnoldCC

Arnold, MO

#20 Mar 22, 2014
Eileen wrote:
Any news on when this information might be coming out?
I would certainly like to know who was behind the ID. I don't think it was 'several' people using the account, but only ONE person who smugly believed he was untouchable.
I think he was doing the 'dirty work' for people close to him.
And like others, I also believe the attacks that went on against specific people for months, is actionable.
I hope the people defamed, seek damages from ALL PARTIES INVOLVED, including those who PROVIDED the information to "Troop".
I hope someone figures out where it was coming from as well-was Troop active while at work, using taxpayer-funded equipment/accounts/information ? Who was providing the confidential information about former C6 employees, to "Troop" so he could attack? etc etc
Using information given to you through personal/employer relationships is mobster-low-class. Even considering this is Jefferson County, "Troop" was one of the most vile, nastiest people many of us have ever witnessed.
It's pretty obvious to me that you know who it was. Why don't you fill the rest of us in? And what was it that this person said that was so bad?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seckman Elementary parents...our problems are s... 25 min what next 8
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) 1 hr FredFromArnold 885
fox athletics Dec 14 Warrior12 8
Arnold Christmas decorations Dec 12 Rbnhd 1
Effects of Ferguson on Jefferson County Dec 8 Froggy 19
Simpson Jr.? Nov 29 JCPenknife 13
any single hot guys in the eureka area (Nov '12) Nov 26 Newtoarea 4
Pacific Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web