Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
A concerned past employee

Barnhart, MO

#1544 Apr 9, 2013
hippity hoppity wrote:
The funny thing about all of this hullabaloo is its source. Three members of Sam Ferry's family worked in the C-6 school district. Sam, do you think that those hires were made in a vacuum? Your wife's employment in the district, surely, helped secure your and your boy's job. Didn't your son get the job at a very important time in his life? I didn't hear a peep from you at that time, in regards to nepotism.
I think you are an opportunistic little man that got fired and didn't like it. You waited until something questionable happened and saw your chance.
I am a retired teacher from the district. I do not feel that Sam's family being hired is nepotism unless they were hired to a position of authority (which they weren't). I have seen very well qualified aides and assistants with bachelor's degrees and teaching certicates stuck in these positions for 5 years or longer (so people that the superintendent either knew or was related to) could get a job. Many of these people that she hired came in without the proper certification for the jobs. They were required to get temporary certificates until they had the required classes completed. These aides and assistants that kept working for as little as $12,000 -$15,000 a year lost a lot of money trying to get their foot in the door. The lucky ones who finally got hired are now starting at the bottom of the pay scale while Dianne's friends and family are several thousand dollars ahead of them on the pay scale. I know of a lot of good assistants and aides that finally had to give up and get out of education so they could make enough money to feed their families. So those people that think Dianne hasn't hurt any families need to think again. When the past superintendents were in charge, they always picked the assistants, aides, and long term substitutes first. This is how it should be. Hopefully with the new board members in place, we can get back to hiring people based on qualifications and not who they know.
Bippity Boppity Boo

Arnold, MO

#1545 Apr 9, 2013
hippity, your ignorance is showing. You do not understand the term nepotism, Mr. Ferry, nor anyone in his family were products or benefactors of nepotism. Period. Superintendent and Board of Education and the relatives of theirs that were hired however, are benefactors. Now, go find a dictionary and look up the definition or better yet, hire a tutor to explain the whole concept to you so you may intelligently present an argument.
hippity hoppity

United States

#1546 Apr 9, 2013
Name one
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1547 Apr 9, 2013
hippity hoppity wrote:
The funny thing about all of this hullabaloo is its source. Three members of Sam Ferry's family worked in the C-6 school district. Sam, do you think that those hires were made in a vacuum? Your wife's employment in the district, surely, helped secure your and your boy's job. Didn't your son get the job at a very important time in his life? I didn't hear a peep from you at that time, in regards to nepotism.
I think you are an opportunistic little man that got fired and didn't like it. You waited until something questionable happened and saw your chance.
You don't even know how to think, you just think you think!
I was hired into the district as a grounds keeper by Kevein Bowers. The fact that I had spent eight years on working farms, and had a wealth of experience with equipment was a big plus. You know, tractors, mowers, backhoes, combines, chainsaws, and personally prunned and cared for 2000 apple trees a year, as well as knowing how to physically push myself to limits most people never experience. My experience as a "mower" was off the charts. Ask anyone that worked there if I was qualified!
My son started working for CKC when he was 17 or 18 and proved himself beyond any question. At 19 or so he transitiond to the custodial dept. of Fox where he also excelled. Ask the administration and teachers at Fox Elementary. As far as it being an important time in his life, are you retarted? He was a teenager for goodness sake there is nothing of any importance to any of us at that age, at least not according to those of us that have a little more experience!
Did the fact that my wife was a well liked, well respected, hard working employee help either one of us get an interview? Of course, but that has nothing to do with whether or not that was NEPOTISM! Only an idiot would try that argument, you have no understanding of what nepotism is, first bone up on the subject and then we can talk about it! Both my son and I applied for the jobs we applied for because we were more than qualified. My wife did not hire either one of us! Read that again if you need to, hell read it as many times as you like maybe you will actually catch on.
Something questionable? Seriously that is your description of the Kelly Nash hire? You really are an idiot, and all I had to do was wait long enough for you to prove it.
hippity hoppity

United States

#1548 Apr 9, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>You don't even know how to think, you just think you think!
I was hired into the district as a grounds keeper by Kevein Bowers. The fact that I had spent eight years on working farms, and had a wealth of experience with equipment was a big plus. You know, tractors, mowers, backhoes, combines, chainsaws, and personally prunned and cared for 2000 apple trees a year, as well as knowing how to physically push myself to limits most people never experience. My experience as a "mower" was off the charts. Ask anyone that worked there if I was qualified!
My son started working for CKC when he was 17 or 18 and proved himself beyond any question. At 19 or so he transitiond to the custodial dept. of Fox where he also excelled. Ask the administration and teachers at Fox Elementary. As far as it being an important time in his life, are you retarted? He was a teenager for goodness sake there is nothing of any importance to any of us at that age, at least not according to those of us that have a little more experience!
Did the fact that my wife was a well liked, well respected, hard working employee help either one of us get an interview? Of course, but that has nothing to do with whether or not that was NEPOTISM! Only an idiot would try that argument, you have no understanding of what nepotism is, first bone up on the subject and then we can talk about it! Both my son and I applied for the jobs we applied for because we were more than qualified. My wife did not hire either one of us! Read that again if you need to, hell read it as many times as you like maybe you will actually catch on.
Something questionable? Seriously that is your description of the Kelly Nash hire? You really are an idiot, and all I had to do was wait long enough for you to prove it.
I wasn't referencing the Kelly Nash hire. I get why you could be upset there. I'm talking about the relatives of Dr. Critchlow that were all qualified with degrees and every requirement that DESE has.
FeD uP

Arnold, MO

#1549 Apr 9, 2013
hippity hoppity wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't referencing the Kelly Nash hire. I get why you could be upset there. I'm talking about the relatives of Dr. Critchlow that were all qualified with degrees and every requirement that DESE has.
I am speaking of the clan. Look at head of maintenance, the guy in charge of the bus drivers, and don't forget the head of the custodians. See what certification they have or didn't have at time of being hired.
Bippity Boppity Boo

Arnold, MO

#1550 Apr 9, 2013
hippity hoppity wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't referencing the Kelly Nash hire. I get why you could be upset there. I'm talking about the relatives of Dr. Critchlow that were all qualified with degrees and every requirement that DESE has.
Again, when you figure out what the true meaning of nepotism is, and you can explain it to the rest of us that we may be assured you actually understand what you are talking about, come back and grace us with your knowledge, until then you have nothing intelligent to offer.
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1551 Apr 9, 2013
[QUOTE/]I think you are an opportunistic little man that got fired and didn't like it. You waited until something questionable happened and saw your chance.[/QUOTE]

This is you right? This is what you said right? Okay then, I spoke out against things for the first time on Dec. 20th right here on this thread. I never spoke of anything except the Kelly Nash hire until about January 31st. I think I said once there were other questionable hires, and that is true. But until the powers that be sent me a cease and desist I tried whole heartedly to keep to the Kelly Nash hire and the role the Board played in that! If you are going to accuse me of things get your facts straight, go back and read what I say before you take a stab at me! I oppose this hire for the very reason I have ALWAYS claimed, and it has not got a thing to do with me! They, the Board and Administration, screwed over qualified employees so they could hire a family member! So what is it you say I waited for and "saw my chance"?
I do not think like you........as hard as this is to grasp I am proud of the fact I was fired! That is a huge badge of honor in my "little man" world!
embarassed taxpayer

Saint Louis, MO

#1552 Apr 9, 2013
FeD uP wrote:
<quoted text>
I am speaking of the clan. Look at head of maintenance, the guy in charge of the bus drivers, and don't forget the head of the custodians. See what certification they have or didn't have at time of being hired.
What about JAMIE CRITCHLOW'S PROMOTION as a DIRECTOR. Did he have the education and qaulification for the position. NEPOTISM at the highest level.
embarassed taxpayer

Saint Louis, MO

#1553 Apr 9, 2013
A concerned past employee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a retired teacher from the district. I do not feel that Sam's family being hired is nepotism unless they were hired to a position of authority (which they weren't). I have seen very well qualified aides and assistants with bachelor's degrees and teaching certicates stuck in these positions for 5 years or longer (so people that the superintendent either knew or was related to) could get a job. Many of these people that she hired came in without the proper certification for the jobs. They were required to get temporary certificates until they had the required classes completed. These aides and assistants that kept working for as little as $12,000 -$15,000 a year lost a lot of money trying to get their foot in the door. The lucky ones who finally got hired are now starting at the bottom of the pay scale while Dianne's friends and family are several thousand dollars ahead of them on the pay scale. I know of a lot of good assistants and aides that finally had to give up and get out of education so they could make enough money to feed their families. So those people that think Dianne hasn't hurt any families need to think again. When the past superintendents were in charge, they always picked the assistants, aides, and long term substitutes first. This is how it should be. Hopefully with the new board members in place, we can get back to hiring people based on qualifications and not who they know.
That's exactly why SHE/CRITCHLOW needs to be FIRED A S A P
Voice_of_A_Teach er

Saint Louis, MO

#1554 Apr 9, 2013
"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men." Abraham Lincoln

Has anyone spoken to the recently deposed members of the BOE regarding how they feel now about Kelly Nash's hiring? I'd bet a dollars to donuts that they wished they'd never heard her name - or her mother-in-law's.

Since Kelly's hiring cost them their own jobs how loyal can they still possibly be to Dianne, Todd and Linda? After all it was they who originally brought Kelly to them as "far and away" the best candidate. If the two former BOE members still care as much about the children as they professed to when campaigning they should be willing to stand up now, especially since they no longer have a horse in the race. Let them give an honest account of what has really been happening since the Director of Food Service job posting went up last year. It would be the ultimate irony if they were afraid to speak for fear that Dianne would take out her anger on their friends and relatives employed by Fox.
LETS CLEAN HOUSE

Arnold, MO

#1555 Apr 9, 2013
I just got a call from a friend of mine. She lives near Desoto and wondered if the Super from FOX lost her mind. She couldn't believe that FOX had hired Desoto's reject after they just had paid big bucks to get rid of him. WHO SAYS WE'RE NOT THE LAUGHING STOCK OF JEFFERSON COUNTY? Bad decision by our board,led by our SUPER.
anonymous

United States

#1556 Apr 9, 2013
Sorry but nepotism is nepotism. I see a lot of petty whines that boils down to people crying it's not fair that others make what you feel entitles to make!
Also, I know of no teachers making less than 15k. Teachers in Fox are paid well. It is public records. Look it up for yourself.
anonymous

United States

#1557 Apr 9, 2013
All boils down to greed. Everyone wants more money and favor for themselves. I don't see many complaints about concerns over the students!!! And don't give me the line if garbage that by crying out about favor and money is fighting foer the kids. It's not.
A concerned past employee

Barnhart, MO

#1558 Apr 10, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Sorry but nepotism is nepotism. I see a lot of petty whines that boils down to people crying it's not fair that others make what you feel entitles to make!
Also, I know of no teachers making less than 15k. Teachers in Fox are paid well. It is public records. Look it up for yourself.
Yes, I was mistaken. Please google Missouri Teacher Salaries 2012. You will see that we have some teacher aides making $9000 per year. These teachers have student loans, child care expenses, gas and maintenance on their vehichles. Do the math. After taxes, these people are bringing home nothing. If they are willing to do this, I think they are working for the kids because they aren't working for the money. You will also see how many years some of these aides have been in these positions. Granted some of these aides do not have degrees, but a lot of them do.
hippity hoppity

United States

#1559 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>Yes, I was mistaken. Please google Missouri Teacher Salaries 2012. You will see that we have some teacher aides making $9000 per year. These teachers have student loans, child care expenses, gas and maintenance on their vehichles. Do the math. After taxes, these people are bringing home nothing. If they are willing to do this, I think they are working for the kids because they aren't working for the money. You will also see how many years some of these aides have been in these positions. Granted some of these aides do not have degrees, but a lot of them do.
No they don't.
hippity hoppity

United States

#1560 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>Yes, I was mistaken. Please google Missouri Teacher Salaries 2012. You will see that we have some teacher aides making $9000 per year. These teachers have student loans, child care expenses, gas and maintenance on their vehichles. Do the math. After taxes, these people are bringing home nothing. If they are willing to do this, I think they are working for the kids because they aren't working for the money. You will also see how many years some of these aides have been in these positions. Granted some of these aides do not have degrees, but a lot of them do.
Give me the name of three aides that have their teaching certificate and have been an aide for more than three years. These people don't exist.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#1561 Apr 10, 2013
anonymous wrote:
All boils down to greed. Everyone wants more money and favor for themselves. I don't see many complaints about concerns over the students!!! And don't give me the line if garbage that by crying out about favor and money is fighting for the kids. It's not.
Anonymous - If you really want an example of an issue raised on this thread that has nothing to do with greed but everything related to our kids' safety, scroll backwards and read the Troopster's posts. He's a sick, evil, twisted, crazy bastard. I believe Dianne and Todd know who he is. At the very least they know he's an employee because he told us so. Hell, Todd must have hired him! Yet there's been no mention by any of Dianne's apologists that they are doing anything to ensure he doesn't get near your child or mine.

Any of that make it past your complaint that it's all about greed?
Parent AND Taxpayer

Fenton, MO

#1562 Apr 10, 2013
anonymous wrote:
I'm going to have to disagree. Do you have any clue how much money teachers spend out of their pockets each year on their classrooms? They aren't just teachers anymore. They are parents, counselors and much more. Teaching is the most underpaid profession out there. I know many teachers that spend their own money to buy food, clothing and Christmas presents for their students. While yes it's their own choice, teachers aren't in education for the money. I will gladly pay these people a nice salary to make sure that my kids are educated and prepared for the next level of schooling. And, I'm speaking for the teachers NOT the administration!!
Voice_of_A_Teach er

Saint Louis, MO

#1563 Apr 10, 2013
I did a little research last night at the library. If I read the excerpt correctly from the case below, now that Todd, Dianne, Tim, and the BOE know about the Troopster, if one assumes that they know who he is and they do nothing they are on the hook personally if he hurts someone. Dianne should have Sweeney or Trakas stop writing stupid intimidating letters to citizens and think about covering their own rear ends.

"An employer is liable to a third person for the employer's negligence in hiring or retaining a servant who is incompetent or unfit. Such negligence usually consists of hiring or retaining the employee with knowledge of his unfitness, or of failing to use reasonable care to discover it before hiring or retaining him." Scott v. Blanchet High School

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arnold Officer Ryan O'Connor Shot by Handcuffed... 22 hr Doctor Taco 18
Looking (Aug '15) Dec 5 Lilu 6
Does anyone know James Reed? Dec 2 Loser 31
carla rushing (Jan '09) Oct '17 Tavo 37
We need a new Trash company! Aug '17 Cindy 1
Hi Pacific. You are a great town. Jul '17 KccccccCCC 1
Webb Family (Jun '14) Mar '17 sss 2

Pacific Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance