Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Timothy wrote:
<quoted text>
You say the "Credit" goes to the parents and teachers. I agree. But, who hired those teachers and has a great track record of hiring those great teachers? That's right....the ADMINISTRATORS. Have they made some errors along the way? Certainly. We are human and all make some. However, you say "if my logic is true regarding Fox being a top school in MO. because they are a school of distinction then no other districts would have been given the award more". Guess what...NO OTHER SCHOOL DISTRICT IN MISSOURI HAS BEEN GIVEN THE SCHOOL OF DISTINCTION MORE. And there are only a hand full of other districts that have received the award as many times as Fox.
All districts are ranked on the SAME CRITERIA and Fox is among the top schools. So, the facts are hard to argue with but I am sure you will try because you don't like some of their decisions but overall Fox is doing a lot better than most in our state.
Lastly, you say the board has got to go. Some on the board agree with your assessment of hiring. Talk to the board members as I have and you will find out the truth. We have to make sure we do not throw out the baby with the bathwater. Question to investigate: Which members on the board have never had EVEN ONE relative hired to work in the district since they were elected to the board?
Yeah...sorry about the wording on that it was a bit confusing. Having said that you misread and misquoted what I said. My whole point on the distinction issue was that of course there are districts that have not received it as often as Fox....yet they out perform Fox in areas that I consider valid indicators of how a district does, i.e.' map testing and act tests. If there are only "a handfull" of districts that have recieved it for x amount of years, and it is your primary validation of how great the school district is, then we should never be out performed.
My problem with the defenders here is exactly what part of NEPOTISM do you think is acceptable? The hiring of Kelly Nash was not meerly something that was "questionable", or something 'we raise our eyebrows at", or a "mistake",it was wrong. Do you agree with that or disagree?
Secondly, all of the board is jointly responsible for that hire. It does not matter if they have ever had a relative hired individually or not. Together they have knowingly done this and there are many valid arguments that this is not the first. But if it were the only time it is still out and out nepotism. Unless of course that is okay with you?
Thirdly, it is those people who are so afraid for there jobs, and who were passed over for her that need defense in this case. Why will you not stand up with the same passion and conviction for them as you do for those that hurt them?
Finally I do not think that when a person does what is right it is the true test of his character. The strength of character is measured much better in how a person handles himself after having done wrong. What they did in that single hire is wrong. All they have do do is stand up like a person of character would and admit it. They have had every chance at doing that and yet can not seem to manage a simple "I'm sorry" to those that they robbed out of the position. That is plainly and simply why they must go!
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Samuel Ferry wrote:
When I think of the times when our great Nation was young and struggling to fight Tyranny. I like to imagine the great men and women who fought for all the freedoms we take for granted. Being in Jefferson County off and on over the last 15 years and listening to the horror stories I have heard about the overpaid Administrators at FOX.... I think of my second favorite Abraham Lincoln quote. "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cant fool all of the people all of the time". When you do what you want whenever you want to whomever you want you are running on borrowed time my friends. Im sure you Ivy League weenies read allot of history (Aaarrrgghhh I meant people magazine) to know this story only ends one way, the people will not be silenced.
Samuel Ferry
Known Hell Raiser
High School Dropou
I've been right there with you until this post, Sam. Is this you or an imposter?
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

We are screwed until next year and three seats are up. The candidates that are running don't have a shot in hell to dethrown Ruthann. There has to be a loophole to get the board fired and send Dianne and her buddies packing.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Addit wrote:
<quoted text
I've been right there with you until this post, Sam. Is this you or an imposter?
This is my oldest son from PA, Iraq War Vet, Navy recruiter, and a warrior in the truest sense of the word. Also a man I aspire to be like. His mom told him I'd been posting here and this was the result. He speaks for himself.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Ssdd wrote:
We are screwed until next year and three seats are up. The candidates that are running don't have a shot in hell to dethrown Ruthann. There has to be a loophole to get the board fired and send Dianne and her buddies packing.
I know this may sound somewhat pathetic on my part but it is sincere...why do you say that?
Blues Fan

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Ssdd wrote:
Find a way to get rid of the Super, and the Board will start doing things the right way. No need to clean house...just the one that thinks they're above the law.
Robert

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Ssdd wrote:
You are partly right. No way to defeat Ruth Ann. However, one or two of the BOE members running next year were not in favor of the hire of Kelly Nash. Talk to the board members (I have talked to all but 1 and you will find out what really goes on when they vote).

Sorry no "loophole". Unless they miss 3 unexcused times or abuse a student or something, not much to do to an "elected" person but vote them out.
Leah Mae Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Sam!

Quit screwing around on that there internet and come mop this here kitchen floor!
Distracted

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Many people on here seem to think that nepotism is the number one enemy threatening the Fox school district. In the day to day lives of students this has next to zero effect on their success. Nutrition is important, don't get me wrong, but it is hardly the most important issue facing our children. If you don't like what's on the menu, pack a lunch. You all are distracted from the real issue facing our students. Many, many students in this district lack any sort of meaningful parent involvement. The only role models that meet them when they get off the bus in the afternoon are drinking a beer, smoking a cigarette and cussing out any kind of authority that disagrees with their life choices. They expect their children to learn everything at school. That's what the Liberal, tax-payed, snooty teachers are supposed to do. It allows them to vegetate to reality TV and various Internet websites. Now, I can already hear you saying, "How dare you, I am a fine role model for my child. I make him finish his homework and help clarify any questions he may have on a subject!" That may very well be, but you are definitely in the minority. There is a plague affecting the district, but it's definitely not nepotism.
Blues Fan

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Distracted wrote:
Many people on here seem to think that nepotism is the number one enemy threatening the Fox school district. In the day to day lives of students this has next to zero effect on their success. Nutrition is important, don't get me wrong, but it is hardly the most important issue facing our children. If you don't like what's on the menu, pack a lunch. You all are distracted from the real issue facing our students. Many, many students in this district lack any sort of meaningful parent involvement. The only role models that meet them when they get off the bus in the afternoon are drinking a beer, smoking a cigarette and cussing out any kind of authority that disagrees with their life choices. They expect their children to learn everything at school. That's what the Liberal, tax-payed, snooty teachers are supposed to do. It allows them to vegetate to reality TV and various Internet websites. Now, I can already hear you saying, "How dare you, I am a fine role model for my child. I make him finish his homework and help clarify any questions he may have on a subject!" That may very well be, but you are definitely in the minority. There is a plague affecting the district, but it's definitely not nepotism.
What you say may be true....BUT this post is about NEPOTISM....which is rampant the Fox School District!!!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Leah Mae Ferry wrote:
Sam!
Quit screwing around on that there internet and come mop this here kitchen floor!
It's been weeks since I've laughed at anything that hard. The funny thing, and I'm just supposing that you do not know this, my mothers maiden name is Lemay and of course my fathers name is Ferry.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Robert. How did you get the board members to talk to you? They seem to be unapproachable.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
You are partly right. No way to defeat Ruth Ann. However, one or two of the BOE members running next year were not in favor of the hire of Kelly Nash. Talk to the board members (I have talked to all but 1 and you will find out what really goes on when they vote).
Sorry no "loophole". Unless they miss 3 unexcused times or abuse a student or something, not much to do to an "elected" person but vote them out.
How is that possible? It was a unanimous vote. Are they claiming that they were forced to hire Kelly Nash? This is not cloak and dagger stuff, if there is something untoward in the voting process they have an obligation to the taxpayers to reveal it.It is not something we should even have too seek out, it should be transparent.
Nothing to gain

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

I have read your posts and would like to offer an opinion. It appears you have an issue with women in charge. You have two bright, articulate women in charge and many of you have an issue with that. You want to cry nepotism, let's review Fox history. Superintendent rickman hired his nephew, dr. Hudson to be an assistant superintendent. And then promoted him to superintendent when he retired, Would you like a long list of the admin and board members that hired and promoted their own.?
The Simpsons, the Chellews, the Gruenwalds, the Oconnors, etc etc etc
Why attack this current admin and board. It has always been this way. With that being said, all people named abover are men. Seems to me you are discriminating.
Blues fan 2

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Check out the assistants superintendents....

Baker married Angie burns and then hired her daughter this year to teach in elem.
Scott hired brother in law a few years ago
Crutchley married to Pelster
Rizzi hired his sister in law

My point. You attack the board maybe attacking wrong group
I knew it

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Dan Baker and Angie Burns taught together at Fox Elementary. Always thought they had something going.
remember when

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Leah Mae Ferry wrote:
Sam!
I would like to see him shove that mop up your keister.
I bet it wouldn't be the first thing that gained entry.
Gee you could giggle all day !

They all take turns voting in their family. Sad thing is when it was nash's turn she had nothing but your wife the uneducated hamburger flipper. Given your idiotic posts on here under various names , you are less qualified than the wife. My guess is your still eating the dried boogers.

Oh well, sometimes it takes a disaster to wake up the people. This was it !
remember when

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Distracted wrote:
What a lame attempt of "hey, lookie over here" . Go start your own pizz poor parents thread.

This one here is about the uneducated fry cook and nepotism gone wild . Ol dear Ruth Ann may very well get the boot over this ! If the tax payers do not get this stopped they deserve what they get.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Nothing to gain wrote:
I have read your posts and would like to offer an opinion. It appears you have an issue with women in charge. You have two bright, articulate women in charge and many of you have an issue with that. You want to cry nepotism, let's review Fox history. Superintendent rickman hired his nephew, dr. Hudson to be an assistant superintendent. And then promoted him to superintendent when he retired, Would you like a long list of the admin and board members that hired and promoted their own.?
The Simpsons, the Chellews, the Gruenwalds, the Oconnors, etc etc etc
Why attack this current admin and board. It has always been this way. With that being said, all people named abover are men. Seems to me you are discriminating.
Was the hiring of the unqualifed Kelly Nash over qualified employees right or wrong? Was it nepotism or not? As far as articulate goes, did you see the interviews by Elliot Davis? I understand it is hard to articulate a lie when you're caught off gaurd, but still.
remember when

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Timothy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's our little trailer trash person again at it. By the way stating you are trailer trash does not mean you "actually" live in a trailer park (I know this is a difficult concept but stay with me). It means you use terms like, "my ruler has a long history", and "partying hoochy" and "happy meal bag stuffer", just to mention a few. You write like you have a 3rd grade education and you are lecturing us with a gutter-mouth.
Am I getting a paycheck from the school? You are nuts!!!! Every school district has the SAME criteria measured by DESE. If Fox is fudging numbers, so are all other districts and measured in the SAME WAY, Fox is ranked one of the top schools in Missouri.
They may have made some ill-advised hirings in the past but, they seem to work out well which is why we ARE A TOP RANKED DISTRICT.
And the only point you have is on top of your head !
I'm typing with thumbs on a phone . I am not sitting in the administration building on a nice big computer wasting tax payer money defending my redamndiculous hiring practices on a forum like you are.

Do you have a huge chart spread out like the nutty professor trying to decide who's relative is next in line ?

If your so much in the know. Explain to me how the unqualified fry cook is gonna be certified in two years.
I'll be anxiously awaiting ....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 521 - 540 of2,793
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pacific Discussions

Search the Pacific Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 5 min wacka flacka 130
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 20 min Diane 6,906
County Executive 29 min Hey u 7
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 46 min RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,348
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) 12 hr Claire 265
Thank You!! 16 hr Mary 2
25 people Arrested on Federal Meth Charges (Sep '13) 20 hr One percenter 34
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pacific Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pacific People Search