Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Time Out

United States

#427 Jan 10, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
People! People! Let's stay on topic. Dianne, Linda, and Todd win if we let this thread implode.
With the exception of a few friends of Linda, Todd and Scott can we all agree that:
1.Kelly Nash's hire was purely political.
2. It was not technically nepotism because Linda left the room and did not participate in the vote. Technically her colleagues on the BOE did the deed.
3.By making Kelly the "unanimous" selection of the selection committee Todd provided cover to the board so that they can say they hired the best candidate they saw.
4.Based solely on her experience (none), education (none), and professional training (debatable), Kelly is not qualified for the position of school food service director.
5. At the time Kelly was interviewed other candidates, internal and external, were more qualified than Kelly on every measurable scale.
6.It is possible that Kelly may at some point become qualified but in the meantime the taxpayers will pay $65,000 a year for her education.
7.Nepotism of this sort exists across all industries. "Who we know" has always been at least as important as "What we know".
8. What makes this situation egregious and worth protesting is that this is not an entry level job paying entry level wages that a well-connected entry level person named __________fill in the blank)jumped to the front of the line on.
9.The head of Food Service is a highly paid Director's level job that demands the skills to feed 12,000 students per day in 17 schools, manage 100+ employees and millions of dollars of food and supplies.
10.Without proper preparation Kelly has been placed into a situation where she can literally hurt our children.
11. It is in the best interests of the children of the Fox School District that she be made to resign.
Am I close? Can anyone make any non-argumentative suggestions on how to improve what I've written? Feel free to do so but remember - in this forum you and I are just preaching to the choir. Should we encourage people to contact Todd Scott directly at scott@@fox.k12.mo.us and Dianne Critchlow at critchlow@fox.k12.mo.us to ensure they know of our collective disappointment in their leadership? If they don't already know how we feel do you think it's time they did?
One small addition policies 4110-4115.2 are the policies for employment in the District. Follow them and we won't have complaints!
Stevie Tyler

United States

#428 Jan 11, 2013
Time Out wrote:
<quoted text>Let's take it another step, if you are the next teacher in line for a position, someone's daughter should not get it over the person that put in the time just because of who is related to who, Nepotism is a dirty word.
There is no such thing as "the next teacher in line."
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#429 Jan 11, 2013
Mark Jones wrote:
I filed last Thursday to run for School Board in April. And, no, I have no relatives to hire. Put your words into meaningful action. Elect me in April. I will have a web site up soon, once I finish my filings with the Missouri Ethics Commission. I am a 1985 graduate of Fox.
Mr. Jones, I'd like to support you but I don't know anything about you. Do you have a web site yet?
Tommy

United States

#430 Jan 11, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
Does anybody know the four non-incumbents, Mark S Jones, Anthony W Thebeau, Steve Holloway, ans Dan Kroupa? Is that the same Dan Kroupa who was city treasurer?
One in the same. I hear the current mayor (Ron Counts) is helping his campaign. He is being backed by the NEA (no agenda there I am sure) LOL. We need to get someone in there who will help implement a new policy to stop hiring anyone who is related to the BOE or administrators. I don't think you should stop hiring anyone who is realated to say another teacher or bus driver for example but they should not have an "inside tract" by being realated to a board member or administrator. It takes 4 votes (out of 7) to change the policy on the school board.
Stevie Tyler

United States

#431 Jan 11, 2013
Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>One in the same. I hear the current mayor (Ron Counts) is helping his campaign. He is being backed by the NEA (no agenda there I am sure) LOL. We need to get someone in there who will help implement a new policy to stop hiring anyone who is related to the BOE or administrators. I don't think you should stop hiring anyone who is realated to say another teacher or bus driver for example but they should not have an "inside tract" by being realated to a board member or administrator. It takes 4 votes (out of 7) to change the policy on the school board.
NEA hasn't supported anyone yet this year
Tommy

United States

#432 Jan 11, 2013
Stevie Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
NEA hasn't supported anyone yet this year
Common Stevey, I know who the NEA is talking with (I know coach at Seckman well and I know that the NEA has talked to Dan Kroupa and he IS the candidate thay are supporting. Go try pulling the wool over someone else's eyes. I know what is going on so don't try to BS me. In fact, I know that Mr. Laughlin (an NEA endorsement) has talked to Dan Kroupa. The NEA may not have "officially" endorsed any anyone yet but the truth is Dan Kroupa is going to be the one they want.
Out With the Old Cronies

Arnold, MO

#433 Jan 11, 2013
I will support anyone who is not part of the good old boys network and anyone connected to Ron Counts, Phil Amato, Paul Freese or Bob Sweeney are part of the problem, definitely not part of the solution.
Mark Jones

Arnold, MO

#434 Jan 11, 2013
Hi. I'm Mark Jones, one of the candidates for the April 2, 2013 school board election. You can learn more about me on my website www.missouriforjones.org . I also would be happy to meet with you and your groups to talk about my candicacy, as well as your concerns about the school distict.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#435 Jan 12, 2013
So as anyone heard wo is replacing Pelster at Ridgewood? I wonder if another fry girl or maybe a Salsman or Brewer is up fr consideration.
Information Overload

United States

#436 Jan 14, 2013
It's amazing how a grass roots informational handout at local supermarkets, changes the C6 districts mind about spending Our money so Poorly!
St Charles Food Serv Dir

Saint Louis, MO

#437 Jan 14, 2013
Remember how Kelly Nash, with only a high school diploma was given two years (at $65K/year!) to complete one of two educational requirements? She must either 1) become a registered dietitian, or 2) become credentialed (not just certified) by the National School Nutrition Foundation (SNF).
It is impossible for a high school grad to become an RD in 2 years because it takes a minimum 4-5 years to complete the requirements. That option's off the table.
A high school grad cannot become SNA credentialed in less than two years unless they take a full 15 credit per semester course load (60 credit hours are required).(See link to requirements below.) Ms. Nash isn't enrolled now in a full time college program. Does that mean she's already failed?
< http://www.schoolnutrition.org/uploadedFiles/... ;
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#438 Jan 14, 2013
Show your support. I know I'll be sitting in the front row tommorrow night at the Board meeting, and I hope others will be to. If we do not change this present school board then others will most certainly leave it the same. There is no delusion here, even if the entire city showed up I do not believe the Board with it's current members would have a change of heart. They are who they are! But I believe with all my heart that those who have been wronged by the nepotism in this district deserve my support. A majority always starts as a minority. See you there. I will also fully support Mark Jones in his run for the Board this year.
Top Gunn

United States

#439 Jan 14, 2013
St Charles Food Serv Dir wrote:
Remember how Kelly Nash, with only a high school diploma was given two years (at $65K/year!) to complete one of two educational requirements? She must either 1) become a registered dietitian, or 2) become credentialed (not just certified) by the National School Nutrition Foundation (SNF).
It is impossible for a high school grad to become an RD in 2 years because it takes a minimum 4-5 years to complete the requirements. That option's off the table.
A high school grad cannot become SNA credentialed in less than two years unless they take a full 15 credit per semester course load (60 credit hours are required).(See link to requirements below.) Ms. Nash isn't enrolled now in a full time college program. Does that mean she's already failed?
That would be a good question for the board tomorrow night! I know lots of Schnucks customers are now informed of the meeting tomorrow night, and will have lots to say about unnecessary spending !
Alfie

Saint Louis, MO

#440 Jan 14, 2013
St Charles Food Serv Dir wrote:
Very interesting. How will she pull this off and work full time feeding an entire district a healthy, nutritious breakfast and lunch. Hmmmmmm...
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#441 Jan 14, 2013
Kelly Nash won't spend an hour in a college classroom. They will send her to another state to get credentialed over a six week summer course. Just like they did with one of the foreign language teachers. She got her masters in 6 weeks! It a miracle program.
Tommy

United States

#442 Jan 15, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
Show your support. I know I'll be sitting in the front row tommorrow night at the Board meeting, and I hope others will be to. If we do not change this present school board then others will most certainly leave it the same. There is no delusion here, even if the entire city showed up I do not believe the Board with it's current members would have a change of heart. They are who they are! But I believe with all my heart that those who have been wronged by the nepotism in this district deserve my support. A majority always starts as a minority. See you there. I will also fully support Mark Jones in his run for the Board this year.
Sam I thought you were going to run. Chicken out??? We need good people who have a name to beat Ruth Ann Newman or Pete Nicholas. Who is Mark Jones????? Today is the last day to file for school board at the administration building. We need a "name" that is well known to all to run here.

It does nothing to show up to a board meeting; you need to file and beat them at the ballot box.

Anyone??????? Someone with some status in the community????? Please step up.
Step Up

Arnold, MO

#443 Jan 15, 2013
You don't need a "name"! You need a good person you can get behind and promote to the people. Using "names" is what has gotten us into the mess we are in. Find the person willing to do the work to do the right thing, then help make the name.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#444 Jan 15, 2013
Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam I thought you were going to run. Chicken out??? We need good people who have a name to beat Ruth Ann Newman or Pete Nicholas. Who is Mark Jones????? Today is the last day to file for school board at the administration building. We need a "name" that is well known to all to run here.
It does nothing to show up to a board meeting; you need to file and beat them at the ballot box.
Never even indicated that I would run. I am more of a Samuel Adams not a John Adams. Plus I don't have skeletons in my closet I have a cemetary!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#445 Jan 15, 2013
Step Up wrote:
You don't need a "name"! You need a good person you can get behind and promote to the people. Using "names" is what has gotten us into the mess we are in. Find the person willing to do the work to do the right thing, then help make the name.
Mark Jones is a good person. Check him out for yourself and you'll find that he is supportable.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#446 Jan 15, 2013
Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Tommy can you hear me?" Showing up at a school board meeting does a multitude of things, but first and foremost it is an indicator that I support those that have had to live with the unfair practices this current board has displayed. There are people in this district that have been, and currently are, being stepped on and over because of nepotism, do you honestly think they can show up at this meeting? Secondly it shows that we as a community are coming together with our concerns, there is quite honestly strength in numbers. There is no greater "status" than a room packed with dissatisfied voters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegals (May '10) Mon Pizzarat 69
Telegraph road speed limit Mon luvhockey 4
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Mon cleanhouse 1,269
Traffic Camera Ticket - Need Advice (May '10) Mon Eileen 52
Lake Arrowhead (Apr '12) May 26 Cheryl 46
25 people Arrested on Federal Meth Charges (Sep '13) May 26 been there 41
Fox C-6 Outlandish Lunch Debts May 25 ArnoldCC 18
More from around the web

Pacific People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE