Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#2212 Jun 28, 2013
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Peanuts
Kelly, how many times do I have to tell you - you DON'T post your menu ideas on Topix! I know you're working at a disadvantage because your keyboard doesn't have pictures on all the keys like it did at McDonalds. Still, you've been there 6 months. You've had plenty of time to draw tiny pictures and glue them onto the keys so you'll always know which ones to push. Better get Todd down there to train you up. Neither of you wants anyone to get the wacky idea that you were hired for some other reason than your skill set.
say what

Saint Louis, MO

#2213 Jun 28, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>Kelly, how many times do I have to tell you - you DON'T post your menu ideas on Topix! I know you're working at a disadvantage because your keyboard doesn't have pictures on all the keys like it did at McDonalds. Still, you've been there 6 months. You've had plenty of time to draw tiny pictures and glue them onto the keys so you'll always know which ones to push. Better get Todd down there to train you up. Neither of you wants anyone to get the wacky idea that you were hired for some other reason than your skill set.
Peanuts
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#2214 Jun 28, 2013
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Peanuts
Okay, okay, you can have peanuts Tuesdays and Thursdays. But I want double cheeseburgers and a large fry on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays.
Charles Schultz

Saint Louis, MO

#2215 Jun 28, 2013
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Peanuts
What does this mean?
say what

Saint Louis, MO

#2216 Jun 28, 2013
Charles Schultz wrote:
<quoted text>What does this mean?
The peanut, or groundnut (Arachis hypogaea), is a species in the legume or "bean" family (Fabaceae). The peanut was probably first domesticated and cultivated in the valleys of Paraguay.[1] It is an annual herbaceous plant growing 30 to 50 cm (1.0 to 1.6 ft) tall.
Charles Schultz

Saint Louis, MO

#2217 Jun 29, 2013
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
The peanut, or groundnut (Arachis hypogaea), is a species in the legume or "bean" family (Fabaceae). The peanut was probably first domesticated and cultivated in the valleys of Paraguay.[1] It is an annual herbaceous plant growing 30 to 50 cm (1.0 to 1.6 ft) tall.
I don't get it...
Pete

United States

#2218 Jul 1, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Basically I agree with you, but BOE meetings are so tightly scripted it hardly matters. When was the last time something happened at a school board meeting that you couldn't have predicted weeks or months in advance? Concerned citizens talk for 3 minutes while the Board ignores them like the ugly girl at a cool kids' party. When time is up Dianne blasts them but refuses to allow a rebuttal. If the citizen has the temerity to talk back to her Barney Fife starts wandering over. Then some plant in the audience (and I mean that in every sense of the word) stands up on cue and says "I love you Board! Keep it up!" What exactly they're supposed to keep up is left a mystery but nonetheless the BOE graciously thanks them. Then they all look over at Dianne like a dog expecting a treat for doing a simple trick particularly well.
After the self-adulation part of the meeting is over the Board unanimously approves whatever it is that Dianne tells them to. Then everyone goes into closed session. Critical matters are hammered out in these sessions like whose turn it is to have a relative/lover/best friend hired this month. Once that gnarly question is resolved a motion is made and is unanimously agreed upon. If there was any real disagreement it's pushed under the rug so the kids (read, us) don't see the grown-ups fight. Then the members walk out and promptly disappear like smoke from a crack pipe. Later that night the qualified but unconnected people who applied for jobs actually thinking they might get one (hahahahahahahahaha!) receive calls saying that they were thisclose to being hired. Unfortunately there was another candidate too good to be true who totally by coincidence was named Critchlow or Nash or Palmer.
What part of the scenario I've just described could you not have predicted? The whole damn meeting could have been handled with sock puppets manipulated by Dianne. In fact I'm almost convinced that sometimes they are. No real human being, much less a public servant would display the absolutely shameless behavior they do.
Turning off their mics is a kindness to the folks in the audience. Otherwise we'd have to listen to those sanctimonious small-time despots. I've heard that song waaaay too many times.
It all starts at the "top". BOE members are taught to "trust" their administrators and Superintendent to "run the schools. They are taught by The Missouri School Board Association and MUST attend the classes or loose their seat on the board. MSBA trains them to let their administrators make the decisions and then if those decisions turn out to be bad ones, then hold them accountable. So, the administrators/Sup. ARE supposed to run the operations and be held accountable for their decisions. Board members are trained NOT to micro manage the day to day operations.

If you want that to change, call MSBA or your legislators to get that training changed.
Tired of it All

United States

#2219 Jul 1, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>It all starts at the "top". BOE members are taught to "trust" their administrators and Superintendent to "run the schools. They are taught by The Missouri School Board Association and MUST attend the classes or loose their seat on the board. MSBA trains them to let their administrators make the decisions and then if those decisions turn out to be bad ones, then hold them accountable. So, the administrators/Sup. ARE supposed to run the operations and be held accountable for their decisions. Board members are trained NOT to micro manage the day to day operations.

If you want that to change, call MSBA or your legislators to get that training changed.
Good for you Pete!! Very appropriately stated.
The Oaks Ignore The Pleas

Arnold, MO

#2220 Jul 1, 2013
Ah, there is the word of the year. Micro manage, it is a word used when someone attempts to oversee something that some people do not want overseen! Cop out. Board members should still be able to discern right from wrong. If it sounds like it might be a questionable move, question it. Or you can do like two recent board members did and fall on the sword for going along just to get along.
Bored Member

High Ridge, MO

#2221 Jul 1, 2013
The Oaks Ignore The Pleas wrote:
Ah, there is the word of the year. Micro manage, it is a word used when someone attempts to oversee something that some people do not want overseen! Cop out. Board members should still be able to discern right from wrong. If it sounds like it might be a questionable move, question it. Or you can do like two recent board members did and fall on the sword for going along just to get along.
Take off!
To the great white north!
Take off!
It's a beauty place to go!
Tax Payer

United States

#2222 Jul 9, 2013
Now that the BOE has started to take care of administration issues, how about some of the pathetic grounds keeping and unkept workers.
Dropping off my kids at CKC, I wonder who hired these people to clean. Appearance speaks volumes to me!
Question3203

Arnold, MO

#2223 Jul 9, 2013
What is CKC?
Tax Payer

United States

#2224 Jul 10, 2013
Character kids club. It's childcare provided at the schools for payment.

Letusnamenames

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#2225 Jul 10, 2013
Tax Payer wrote:
Now that the BOE has started to take care of administration issues, how about some of the pathetic grounds keeping and unkept workers.
Dropping off my kids at CKC, I wonder who hired these people to clean. Appearance speaks volumes to me!
Do you expect them to wear a tuxedo or khakis while cleaning or something? They are CLEANING. I wouldn't want to get chemicals on any decent clothes I wear.
Tax Payer

United States

#2226 Jul 10, 2013
Perhaps you should observe before commenting.
Some appear not to know what a shower and a toothbrush are used for.
Odd

United States

#2227 Jul 10, 2013
Interesting.

Letusnamenames

Location hidden

#2228 Jul 10, 2013
Tax Payer wrote:
Perhaps you should observe before commenting.
Some appear not to know what a shower and a toothbrush are used for.
I have observed when picking the youngest up from school. As long as they do a good job cleaning why should I care? I would rather have a hard worker like that (they are there when nobody else is usually around) than someone that sits on their rear reading a book when they should be cleaning. Everyone that wants a job deserves to have one.
George Jr

Saint Louis, MO

#2230 Jul 11, 2013
Letusnamenames wrote:
<quoted text>
I have observed when picking the youngest up from school. As long as they do a good job cleaning why should I care? I would rather have a hard worker like that (they are there when nobody else is usually around) than someone that sits on their rear reading a book when they should be cleaning. Everyone that wants a job deserves to have one.
Damn you've reproduced, damn I might have to get counsel from Cheney on this.

Yeah Merica! Whoo!
Good one

Imperial, MO

#2231 Jul 12, 2013
Letusnamenames wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you expect them to wear a tuxedo or khakis while cleaning or something? They are CLEANING. I wouldn't want to get chemicals on any decent clothes I wear.
How about uniforms?

Letusnamenames

Location hidden

#2232 Jul 12, 2013
George Jr wrote:
<quoted text>Damn you've reproduced, damn I might have to get counsel from Cheney on this.

Yeah Merica! Whoo!
And all you can do is throw personal attacks. As someone else said on here, go sell some houses. Thats right. Have yourself away. When you can have a constructive debate and aren't on here just to personally attack then maybe you'll actually get some credibility. Now leave us alone so we can get back to the subject (and who is derailing threads? I screen shot it for proof in case you ever forget).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is weiners dead? (Aug '15) 8 hr Remember 5
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Apr 28 Tom 1,397
News Brutcher gets life plus 109 years (Sep '06) Apr 28 Brutchers Awesome 173
what m.c. clubs are out here? Apr 27 yeah man 2
Local Man Stabbed in Alleged Domestic Assault ... (Dec '11) Apr 27 yeah man 12
SB40 JCDDRB County Tax Levy - Funding & Service... (Nov '15) Apr 27 VeeBee 18
Have you seen this man? Apr 22 Victim 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pacific Mortgages