Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Facts

Dexter, MO

#92960 Jan 7, 2014
Oh Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawg, I have never heard of a Polar (arctic) Vortex. But the republicans who still deny global warming will not be laughing this summer when the temperatures again are hotter than normal recorded temperatures for summer. Just because we have this wierd phenomenon that pushed the jet stream all the way down to Florida, does in no way negate the fact that the earth is warming up. You are exactly right. CO2 emmissions have played a major role in heating up the earth's atmosphere. We may have colder winters, but the hotter summers are not going anywhere for a long time to come. NASA plans on heating up the surface of Mars by releasing mega amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere of Mars.
When I was a small child in the 1950's, we had harsh cold winters like this quite often. According to climatologists, earth's summer temperatures have been breaking records, year after year, since 1957. Global warming is a matter of common sense. Last summer was hotter than the summer before it, and this summer will be hotter than last summer. So let these ignorers of climate science reports make fools of themselves. Truth always trumps over ignorance.
Are you kidding? Summer 2013 was mild compared to 2010 and 2011. As a matter of fact I hardly even had to turn on my air conditioner. That was what told me we were going to have a harsh winter this year.
U R A Fake

New Fairfield, CT

#92961 Jan 7, 2014
Oh Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawg, I have never heard of a Polar (arctic) Vortex. But the republicans who still deny global warming will not be laughing this summer when the temperatures again are hotter than normal recorded temperatures for summer. Just because we have this wierd phenomenon that pushed the jet stream all the way down to Florida, does in no way negate the fact that the earth is warming up. You are exactly right. CO2 emmissions have played a major role in heating up the earth's atmosphere. We may have colder winters, but the hotter summers are not going anywhere for a long time to come. NASA plans on heating up the surface of Mars by releasing mega amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere of Mars.
When I was a small child in the 1950's, we had harsh cold winters like this quite often. According to climatologists, earth's summer temperatures have been breaking records, year after year, since 1957. Global warming is a matter of common sense. Last summer was hotter than the summer before it, and this summer will be hotter than last summer. So let these ignorers of climate science reports make fools of themselves. Truth always trumps over ignorance.
http://www.charter.net/tv/3/player/vendor/New...

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#92962 Jan 7, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "yellow dog"? Who has time to post every 10 minutes on topix? Anyone know? Thanks.
1. I have NO idea who "yellow dog" is.
2. If you would take the time to note the timing of MY
comments (on the day posted), I only post
"every 10 minutes" for a few hours a day. Otherwise,
I have a life. Yes, I can compose a comment quickly!
That probably comes from my newspaper experience.
Deadlines, you know!_8-)
ObamaScare

West Plains, MO

#92963 Jan 7, 2014
Global warming and the polar vortex

As a massive blanket of arctic air brings twenty-year record cold temperatures to the United States, it's not surprising to see the Church of Global Warming in full-on shrieking panic mode, screaming at the top of their lungs that a blast of cold weather doesn't disprove their theories.

Well, no, of course it doesn't. A mountain of scientific data compiled over decades disproves their theories. Nobody has to point to today's weather to demonstrate that global warming is a fraud. Actual scientists have already done that, using years of climate observations that do not in any way, shape, or form match up with the climate models that cost the industrialized world billions of dollars over the past three decades. The global warming cult has yet to be right about anything, so there's nothing left to disprove.

But it's important to note for the record that when we skeptics have ourselves a laugh about climate activists getting stuck in Antarctic ice that wasn't supposed to be there, or frigid temperatures sweeping across a hemisphere that was supposed to be a boiling sauna of vanishing coastlines by now, we're just turning the global warming cult's tactics against them. They're the ones who constantly insist that transitory weather phenomenon are proof that the Angry Sky Gods are ready to destroy us all for the crime of capitalist success. They're the ones who insist that every hurricane, tornado, and typhoon is a result of man-made "climate change." And they're not shy about doing it while bodies are still being pulled from the rubble.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/01/06...

#92964 Jan 7, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
yellow dog is the Most admired man in America!
He is from Gallup poll. he has the ability to be hilariously amused at Neo-Cons and listens To: trains coming through town enjoys reading DNC "talking points" mostly on his mind is
How the moderate Republicans can re-take their hijacked party back from the extremist right-wing Neo-CONs. he Believes In: truth and himself. but nobody else does.
<.snicker!.> "yellow dog"? Ah, hahahahahahahaha!

#92965 Jan 7, 2014
Oh Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I am no climatologist! But when a large majority of the professionals, like 95%, say there is "global warming," I am inclined to believe them

Of course, the temperature of the earth has fluctuated over the years. And ... yes ... there WAS a "Little Ice Age," which probably wiped out the initial European settlers in America.

There is no challenging the increase in CO2 in the earth's atmosphere. Highest EVER. Will that cause "global warming"? Stay tuned. But stay open-minded.

#92966 Jan 7, 2014
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? Summer 2013 was mild compared to 2010 and 2011. As a matter of fact I hardly even had to turn on my air conditioner. That was what told me we were going to have a harsh winter this year.
People who consider a single year are not understanding that temperatures fluctuate all the time. The significant numbers to watch are the average temperatures, which clearly have been rising since 1980. Have the average temperatures "crested" and will now go back down? Who knows? But the "pros" say not.

#92967 Jan 7, 2014
ObamaScare wrote:
Global warming and the polar vortex
As a massive blanket of arctic air brings twenty-year record cold temperatures to the United States, it's not surprising to see the Church of Global Warming in full-on shrieking panic mode, screaming at the top of their lungs that a blast of cold weather doesn't disprove their theories.
Well, no, of course it doesn't. A mountain of scientific data compiled over decades disproves their theories. Nobody has to point to today's weather to demonstrate that global warming is a fraud. Actual scientists have already done that, using years of climate observations that do not in any way, shape, or form match up with the climate models that cost the industrialized world billions of dollars over the past three decades. The global warming cult has yet to be right about anything, so there's nothing left to disprove.
But it's important to note for the record that when we skeptics have ourselves a laugh about climate activists getting stuck in Antarctic ice that wasn't supposed to be there, or frigid temperatures sweeping across a hemisphere that was supposed to be a boiling sauna of vanishing coastlines by now, we're just turning the global warming cult's tactics against them. They're the ones who constantly insist that transitory weather phenomenon are proof that the Angry Sky Gods are ready to destroy us all for the crime of capitalist success. They're the ones who insist that every hurricane, tornado, and typhoon is a result of man-made "climate change." And they're not shy about doing it while bodies are still being pulled from the rubble.
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/01/06...
Would you like to talk about atmospheric CO2 measurements? I thought not.
Shep

New Fairfield, CT

#92968 Jan 7, 2014
Assurance of Salvation

Romans 8:1 -[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
ObamaScare

West Plains, MO

#92970 Jan 7, 2014
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Exposing the Global Warming Fraud

http://blog.heartland.org/2013/07/exposing-th...
Savannah

Trimble, MO

#92971 Jan 7, 2014
Global warming is a hoax It is intended to control the weak minded. Which is easy to see by the weak minded fools here stupid enough to believe it. You people cant think for yourselves. You need the government to control you and tell you how to live while it props you up with welfare and handouts.
Dawg Rules

Overland Park, KS

#92972 Jan 8, 2014
Savannah wrote:
. You need the government to control you and tell you how to live while it props you up with welfare and handouts.
Are you talking about Max? He is a Tea Partier and loves his government cheese. Do you draw any government subsidies?
Facts

Dexter, MO

#92973 Jan 8, 2014
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're so concerned about CO2 emissions then perhaps you should hold your breathe. You emit them every time you breathe out.
Savannah

Trimble, MO

#92974 Jan 8, 2014
Cont…….

In the meantime my husband and I have to make a decision in the next couple of months to raise the cost of our service by 30-35%, release 3-4 employees, or drop the health insurance on all 14 of them. Do you know why? Obamacare. We can no longer afford it. It's a decision we are going to wait until the last possible moment to make in hopes that another option presents itself but as it stands today, that is what we are faced with. And I got news for you; this is going on all over the country. Of course you don’t know this because the politicians you support and the media you subscribe to don’t tell you this. They make you believe all is well in Obamaland and it’s just these “Tea Party extremists” that are causing problems. Well I have never been to a Tea Party and can’t say I know anyone that has. What I do know are several other small business owners faced with the same types of decisions over the next couple of months. If you think the backlash we saw in October was bad you haven’t seen anything yet. The media and the politicians wont be able to hide it either. The people affected last year were people who pay for their own insurance which accounts for about 15% of the nation. Up next are the business that now will face the same things in 2014 and that is millions of owners with millions of employees.

Do you really believe that the politicians like Nancy Pelosi and Claire McKaskill care about you? They don’t give a damn about you. You are nothing but the pawns they use to maintain their power and increase their wealth. Nancy makes what,$170K a year in Congress? Meanwhile her personal fortune has increased by over 30 million since she entered Congress. How did that happen? Claire’s family got 50 million in stimulus for their bogus windmill farms and didn’t create one single job. But hey they got you free healthcare! No wait, they didn’t because someone is paying for it. It’s not you, its people like me. People like me that you attack on places like here. So go ahead and attack me, because like I said before, at the end of the day I will be a better person who looks forward to what tomorrow brings and you will still be the same angry pawn in a politician’s power game.
Savannah

Trimble, MO

#92975 Jan 8, 2014
Dawg Rules wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about Max? He is a Tea Partier and loves his government cheese. Do you draw any government subsidies?
Sweetie, my husband and I have owned our own business for 16 years. We employee 14 people. We provide them with health insurance and daycare. We have never received one thin dime of government handouts. I have something called pride. I was raised that your provide for yourself.

Meanwhile I see people like you and this Yellow Dawg and whatever this whack-a-do from St Louis is, on here day after day after day from morning until night attacking people like me who just want to live our own lives free of government intrusion. We will probably pay more in 2013 taxes then the 3 of you earned in 2013 combined. We do this while people like you who pay nothing complain that others are not doing their fair share. You epitomize what is wrong with this country and why it is going to hell in a handbag, You can't handle people like me that have the ability to think for ourselves, that make our own decisions as to what is best for us and our families, and do more to better the lives of others around us then you can possibly imagine. It would be nice to take that extra vacation each year or buy the nicer TV or car. Instead we choose to spend that money to pay for a professional daycare so that the 3 mothers who work for us with kids that are not in school yet have a safe place to leave their children during the day when they come to work and not have to worry when they get their paychecks how they are going to pay for it. God has blessed us and we in turn bless those around us because we can. I make no apologies for the things we do because they make us better and stronger people.

I'm sure what I am saying will draw the sarcasm from you, the mockery from Yellow Dawg, and the ire from the St Louis whack-a-do and that is OK. It tells me we are doing the right thing. People like the three of you see people like us and your anger, jealousy, and loathing come pouring out because you think life is so unfair and God forbid you would put in the effort to change your circumstances. You attempt to tear us down in order to make yourself feel better. I see it for what it is.

Life is not fair. It never has been and it never will be but it is also what we make of it. You can either look it in the eye and strive to achieve or you can sit around all day attacking people on an internet forum. At the end of the day I go to sleep looking forward to tomorrow while you go to sleep no better off today then you will be tomorrow. You know whose fault that is? Yours and yours alone.

Cont…….
Savannah

Trimble, MO

#92976 Jan 8, 2014
Looks like the forum mixed up my posts but I am sure you can figure out which one went first and which was the continuation. The 4,000 character limit is annoying.
Tee Jay

New Fairfield, CT

#92977 Jan 8, 2014
Savannah wrote:
Cont…….
In the meantime my husband and I have to make a decision in the next couple of months to raise the cost of our service by 30-35%, release 3-4 employees, or drop the health insurance on all 14 of them....
Savannah, may I offer a suggestion to you and your Husband? Please visit http://www.chministries.org/employers.aspx as well as http://www.chministries.org/hra.aspx to see if this would benefit you, the Employer, and your Employees.
Savannah

Trimble, MO

#92978 Jan 8, 2014
Tee Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Savannah, may I offer a suggestion to you and your Husband? Please visit http://www.chministries.org/employers.aspx as well as http://www.chministries.org/hra.aspx to see if this would benefit you, the Employer, and your Employees.
Thank you for the link. I took a quick glance at it and it looks like something that could be helpful. I will look more in depth at it tonight when my husband and I can sit down together at look at it. Again, thank you.

#92979 Jan 8, 2014
ObamaScare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exposing the Global Warming Fraud
http://blog.heartland.org/2013/07/exposing-th...
Your linked article states, "Cosmic radiation comes to the earth from the depths of the universe, ionizing atoms and molecules in the troposphere, and thus enabling cloud formation."

Sure. Everybody knows that clouds are formed on earth because of cosmic radiation from the depths of the universe.

#92980 Jan 8, 2014
Savannah wrote:
Global warming is a hoax It is intended to control the weak minded. Which is easy to see by the weak minded fools here stupid enough to believe it. You people cant think for yourselves. You need the government to control you and tell you how to live while it props you up with welfare and handouts.
Yay! "Savannah" scores again! Thus enhancing her poor self-image. GOOD FOR YOU, "Savannah"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hotties at Philip 66 by dollar general Nov 30 Geez 23
Lake Arrowhead (Apr '12) Nov 23 justin igger 51
Where do the Afican Americans hang out in Arnol... (Aug '10) Nov 22 Augustus 50
Super daddy Nov 22 ccgtgg 60
Will pay $50 to be able to send Google postcard... Nov 17 Scam Alert 2
I have been away for a long while Nov 17 Diddly 2
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Nov 16 auditboy 1,491

Pacific Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance