First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Suzy Q

Saint Louis, MO

#1 May 20, 2014
What happened to the church on Jeffco in the old Kroger building? I was by there today & it's gone.
ArnoldCC

Alexandria, VA

#2 May 20, 2014
That hasn't been a church in years if ever. I know that Kroger closed when Shop 'N Save or Schnucks bought them out (been so long I can't remember the acquisition). But it has been a 24 Hour Fitness for years.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#3 May 20, 2014
SQ, I think you are talking about SOS Church, which was located next door to Auto Zone in the former Aldi's on Jeffco. Former members now are meeting at Rockwood Summit.
ArnoldCC

Arnold, MO

#5 May 20, 2014
You posted on a public board open for all responses so whether or not you ask you will get it.

And it was an Aldi's. Kroger was never there. It was always where 24 hour fitness is.

Too bad you can't act like an adult and be respectful and mature.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#7 May 21, 2014
SQ, you are correct. It was a Kroger store before it became an Aldis, then an antique mall and last was a church.
old timer

United States

#8 May 21, 2014
ArnoldCC wrote:
You posted on a public board open for all responses so whether or not you ask you will get it.
And it was an Aldi's. Kroger was never there. It was always where 24 hour fitness is.
Too bad you can't act like an adult and be respectful and mature.
Kroger absolutely was there and a p n hirsh store on the other end. NEVER where 24 hour fitness is. You always make up things as you go along and have no idea what your rambling about.
And there you have it folks. Arnoldcc/Sybil is a liar!
Now everyone knows why you can not debate Doris!!!!
You don't have any facts and you can't tell the TRUTH.
Awwww Lookie Here

Saint Louis, MO

#9 May 21, 2014
Poor Doris and SQ can't admit they were wrong and have to create aliases to try to make it look like they were right. I've lived in this town since 1964. You are both wrong and ArnoldCC is correct. 24 Hour Fitness was Krogers. It was there for years right next to Radio Shack which is now a costume store for Halloween. Krogers was there before that strip mall was built in that same shopping mall.

Now, Doris, provide a picture of the Krogers being where you claim. You won't be able to because you are....let's hear it....come on you can say it....WRONG AGAIN! Go ask your buddies in the Historical Society for that picture. They won't have it though.

It's so sad that you have to sit on here all day and create names for yourself and hitting the refresh button on your browser waiting for that next post to come in to reply to so you can get attention.
old timer

United States

#10 May 21, 2014
Awwww Lookie Here wrote:
Poor Doris and SQ can't admit they were wrong and have to create aliases to try to make it look like they were right. I've lived in this town since 1964. You are both wrong and ArnoldCC is correct. 24 Hour Fitness was Krogers. It was there for years right next to Radio Shack which is now a costume store for Halloween. Krogers was there before that strip mall was built in that same shopping mall.
Now, Doris, provide a picture of the Krogers being where you claim. You won't be able to because you are....let's hear it....come on you can say it....WRONG AGAIN! Go ask your buddies in the Historical Society for that picture. They won't have it though.
It's so sad that you have to sit on here all day and create names for yourself and hitting the refresh button on your browser waiting for that next post to come in to reply to so you can get attention.
YOU ARE WROOOOOOONG !!!!!! U r wrong !!! You are WRONG!!!!
Get your own GD picture you insane assclown. I know it was there. Once a week AW, P N Hirsh, Kroger trips.
You can post under as many names as you like.... YOU ARE WRONG AND DORIS IS CORRECT !!!!!
old timer

United States

#11 May 21, 2014
I Will be anxiously awaiting your apology to DORIS !!
Awwww Lookie Here

Saint Louis, MO

#12 May 21, 2014
No apology because she is wrong. I will put money on it.
DSH

Saint Louis, MO

#13 May 21, 2014
Maybe Krogers was in both locations? I moved here in 1983, and I remember the Krogers being up in the shopping mall where 24 Hour Fitness was, because my mom would go to KMart, then get her groceries at Krogers. When the Krogers went under, it became a National. Then Schnucks came in, and closed it up, and 24 Hour Fitness came in.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#14 May 21, 2014
Let's start at the beginning, shall we? SQ asked what happened to the church in the old Kroger building on Jeffco, as she had been by there and it was gone. ArnoldCC, who had no idea what SQ was referring to had to jump in and say there hasn't been a church there in years if ever. SQ would not be asking about a church that had been gone for years and I was pretty sure there had originally been a Kroger in the space SOS church had recently vacated. The person who erroneously made the giant leap to 24 Hour Fitness was Arnold CC. I know that a National Store was at one time located in the same development as 24 Hour Fitness, but I was quite sure SQ was referring to the SOS Church. So it is very possible the National was a Kroger originally, but that is not the location SQ was referring to.
passing by

Saint Louis, MO

#15 May 21, 2014
Awwww Lookie Here wrote:
No apology because she is wrong. I will put money on it.
Hope you like Crow. How much money would you like to bet? Doris is correct. Kroger's was in that church building.

Since: Aug 13

Saint Louis, MO

#16 May 21, 2014
DSH wrote:
Maybe Krogers was in both locations? I moved here in 1983, and I remember the Krogers being up in the shopping mall where 24 Hour Fitness was, because my mom would go to KMart, then get her groceries at Krogers. When the Krogers went under, it became a National. Then Schnucks came in, and closed it up, and 24 Hour Fitness came in.
You are correct DSH. The krogers was in the building 24hr fitness is now then it was a nationals before schnucks bought them out. Now there may have been a Kroger in the plaza where autozone was but it would have to have been along time ago because I'm 36 and I've lived in Arnold all my life and don't remember it being there. If it was it would have been before the 80's.
wrong again

Arnold, MO

#17 May 21, 2014
Doris, you are incorrect. I've lived here since 1978 and Kroger was never in that building you are referring to. Kroger was in the building that is 24 Hour Fitness. ArnoldCC and Awwwww and DSH and Arnoldman are all correct.

Maybe you should just give it up and admit you were wrong because you have five people telling you that you are wrong, three of which have given dates of when they were in town and where the location was.
passing by

Saint Louis, MO

#18 May 21, 2014
wrong again wrote:
Doris, you are incorrect. I've lived here since 1978 and Kroger was never in that building you are referring to. Kroger was in the building that is 24 Hour Fitness. ArnoldCC and Awwwww and DSH and Arnoldman are all correct.
Maybe you should just give it up and admit you were wrong because you have five people telling you that you are wrong, three of which have given dates of when they were in town and where the location was.
I am 50 plus you A HOLE I have lived here longer than any of the dates given yet. Kroger was in that strip mall that SQ was referring to.( the SOS church) ON the other end was P N HIrsh.
NOw you better go find somebody older than you with a little more smarts. Because that is a FACT. At that time the next closest one was on So. Jefferson and Cherokee street.
ArnoldCC

Arnold, MO

#19 May 21, 2014
If you are 50 then you were born in the 1960's which was one of the dates given as a shopper. Which means that person has to be in their 70's or 80's. They have you beat. So I would have to call you on your BS. I know you're wrong because I had friends that worked there in the 1990's earning money for cars and college.
passing by

Saint Louis, MO

#20 May 21, 2014
ArnoldCC wrote:
If you are 50 then you were born in the 1960's which was one of the dates given as a shopper. Which means that person has to be in their 70's or 80's. They have you beat. So I would have to call you on your BS. I know you're wrong because I had friends that worked there in the 1990's earning money for cars and college.
You can call ghost busters for all I care. How much money you want to bet? How deep are your pockets? I will see you and raise you.
FACT FACT FACT: There was a Krogers in the Auto Zone strip mall in the very building where the SOS church was that SQ was referring to. The other poster is correct the P N Hirsh store was where Auto Zone is.
You can scream till pigs fly witch !!!! You are WRONG !!!!!
WHEN YOU get your facts right and admit your WRONG YOU can let us know.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#21 May 21, 2014
Let's try this again:
Let's start at the beginning, shall we? SQ asked what happened to the church in the old Kroger building on Jeffco, as she had been by there and it was gone. ArnoldCC, who had no idea what SQ was referring to had to jump in and say there hasn't been a church there in years if ever. SQ would not be asking about a church that had been gone for years and I was pretty sure there had originally been a Kroger in the space SOS church had recently vacated. The person who erroneously made the giant leap to 24 Hour Fitness was Arnold CC. I know that a National Store was at one time located in the same development as 24 Hour Fitness, but I was quite sure SQ was referring to the SOS Church. So it is very possible the National was a Kroger originally, but that is not the location SQ was referring to.
According to a life long Arnold resident in their 80's, there was indeed a Kroger located at 540 Jeffco before Aldi's ever came to this county. No one was ever concerned with the 24Hour Fitness location as there was not a church there.
passing by

Saint Louis, MO

#22 May 21, 2014
Arnold CC / Lunn/ CRMG/ Concerned Citizen/ Awww lookie here/Jamie/
Sybil etc. etc.

stated
"And it was an Aldi's. Kroger was never there. It was always where 24 hour fitness is. "

SHE IS WRONG WRong wrONG WRONg wrong.

Waiting for her to admit it !!!!!!! She can not butt her nose out even when she has no idea what she is talking about and will lie if she has too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Plea to Arnold Sewer Customers 47 min Doris Borgelt 183
Missouri's reign as America's meth king / Starr... 3 hr Frank Lee 1
Election in Ward 3 (Mar '12) 10 hr Doris Borgelt 54
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 15 hr XAIO 661
Arnold Historical Society and Culvers Thu ArnoldCC 8
Flo supports Wes? Wed Gen-Y Voter 8
Accident Oct 22 Sad 4
Pacific Dating
Find my Match

Pacific Jobs

Pacific People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pacific News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pacific

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]