Social Security Tax Increase now 6.2%

Social Security Tax Increase now 6.2%

Posted in the Pacific Forum

Time Out

United States

#1 Jan 4, 2013
Thank You Government Leaders for the 2% Tax Increase, way to help the economy go back into recession!
lydia

Arnold, MO

#2 Jan 4, 2013
My Social Security for 2013 was lowered over $200. each month. That's no pay increase!!!!
Time Out

Fort Scott, KS

#3 Jan 4, 2013
lydia wrote:
My Social Security for 2013 was lowered over $200. each month. That's no pay increase!!!!
The tax taken out of your earnings just went up 2% as of January.
Honestly

Arnold, MO

#4 Jan 5, 2013
You're forgetting the rest of the story, as Paul Harvey would say. That tax returned to previously established levels and, frankly, never should have been dropped to begin with.

The economy is improving based on nearly every objective report. It's time to start paying standard tax amounts again.
Time Out

Fort Scott, KS

#5 Jan 5, 2013
Honestly wrote:
You're forgetting the rest of the story, as Paul Harvey would say. That tax returned to previously established levels and, frankly, never should have been dropped to begin with.
The economy is improving based on nearly every objective report. It's time to start paying standard tax amounts again.
Social Security is not payed on money made over 180,000 I believe is the amount. That additional 2% will reduce a persons amount spent on goods and services, couple that with the new payroll tax coming and you have the makings of a recession or depression waiting to happen.
Honestly

Arnold, MO

#7 Jan 17, 2013
Time out - it is $110,100. And it should be taxed above that amount.

It isn't an ADDITIONAL 2%. It is a RETURN to previous levels.
Time Out

Brighton, MO

#8 Jan 17, 2013
Honestly wrote:
Time out - it is $110,100. And it should be taxed above that amount.
It isn't an ADDITIONAL 2%. It is a RETURN to previous levels.
It is about a 2% increase for just about every average person, yes it went back to previous levels. Gasoline does this everyday, it doesn't make it good for the economy. The market will start dropping like a rock around march.
Curious

Gadsden, AL

#9 Jan 18, 2013
Uncle Barry has to pay for his Obamacare some way. If you voted for the idiot DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING THAT INCREASES THE TAXES YOU PAY, THE INCREASE IN FOOD & GOODS & YOUR OWN DECREASE IN INCOME.You had plenty of time to read up on his agenda proir to the election.

“Funny lady”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 18, 2013
I'm so tired of people whining about this. It's not a tax increase it is simply returning the social security tax to its previous levels. The tax was "rolled back" for 2 years in an attempt to jump start the economy. Yes it was a failure but its only made a $25 difference in my paycheck.

Think of it this way the roll back is going to reduce your total Social Security that your eventual benefit check will come from. Do you really want to continue to contribute less now and have less to retire on later?

It's not a tax increase but a bad idea by a bunch of politicians trying to fix a problem they created.
Time Out

United States

#11 Jan 18, 2013
hunnybunny99 wrote:
I'm so tired of people whining about this. It's not a tax increase it is simply returning the social security tax to its previous levels. The tax was "rolled back" for 2 years in an attempt to jump start the economy. Yes it was a failure but its only made a $25 difference in my paycheck.
Think of it this way the roll back is going to reduce your total Social Security that your eventual benefit check will come from. Do you really want to continue to contribute less now and have less to retire on later?
It's not a tax increase but a bad idea by a bunch of politicians trying to fix a problem they created.
News flash , less money in your weekly paycheck ,less money spent on goods and services. Bad for the economy. Your argument is about a hopeful Social Security Check being smaller, it probably won't exist by the time I retire anyway. It was meant to subsidize your own retirement plan, I'll take my taxes lowered now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Which Fireworks Stand Has the Best Deals/Prices? (Jun '09) Jun 15 Gldeclue 28
Jefferson County Allows Child Abuse! (Nov '12) Jun 11 Tawna1974 10
What happened to Kimmswick? (Jan '06) Jun 9 guest 793
con artist beware Jun 7 Dan is bad 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) Jun 4 Moon Raker 969
Lake Arrowhead (Apr '12) May '17 billybob 53
Webb Family (Jun '14) Mar '17 sss 2

Pacific Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pacific Mortgages