Arnold Police Officers
Just sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#42 Dec 21, 2011
Are you that stupid or what. First yes we have officer descretion, and can decide whether to give a break or not. Just like in whatever profession you do, you can make some decisions as well. As far as letting people off just cause they are nice, no. I've given many people who are nice tickets. and u ask who gave me the right the State of MISSOURI AND THE US GOVERNMENT. By the way I'm not the prosecution judge or jury, if you know your law I'm the enforcement part of the law and they are the final deciders. Actually there are guys who write maybe 15 tickets a year and yes still have jobs. Why do you think departments have traffic enforcement units? Huh imagine that a specialized unit to enforce traffic laws while the other patrol units primarily handle calls. Why don't you actually take some time and do some research before you make some comment that makes absolutely no sense. I'm guessing you ate a perfect law abiding citizen though that the police just pick on all te time. Arnold Guy wake up. But hey if you would like I could call
My buddies down at APD and let them know that a concerned citizen wants every single person and violation stopped and ticketed. That would really boost the revenue!!
Just sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#43 Dec 21, 2011
Observation wrote:
Regarding the "speed trap" set up at Richardson and Northbound 55. They put a vehicle (Tahoe) on the exit ramp, left side shoulder to shoot radar. This vehicle overlaps onto the left exit ramp lane. This causes vehicles to try to move to the right. Which is fine if there are no vehicles in the right lane. THEN, the catch cars are on the right shoulder of the exit ramp, causing everyone to try to move back to the left. I have no problem with them running this "operation". However, this seems to create a traffic hazard in itself. Surely there is a better way?
I agree, but that is something u have to take up with the city. If it is a hazard call the city and see what can be done.
Just sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#44 Dec 21, 2011
]Regarding the "speed trap" set up at Richardson and Northbound 55. They put a vehicle (Tahoe) on the exit ramp, left side shoulder to shoot radar. This vehicle overlaps onto the left exit ramp lane. This causes vehicles to try to move to the right. Which is fine if there are no vehicles in the right lane. THEN, the catch cars are on the right shoulder of the exit ramp, causing everyone to try to move back to the left. I have no problem
with them running this "operation". However, this seems to create a traffic hazard in itself. Surely there is a better way?
I agree, but that's something you have to take up with chief of police.
boycott

Saint Louis, MO

#45 Feb 21, 2012
Just sayin wrote:
Are you that stupid or what. First yes we have officer descretion, and can decide whether to give a break or not. Just like in whatever profession you do, you can make some decisions as well. As far as letting people off just cause they are nice, no. I've given many people who are nice tickets. and u ask who gave me the right the State of MISSOURI AND THE US GOVERNMENT. By the way I'm not the prosecution judge or jury, if you know your law I'm the enforcement part of the law and they are the final deciders. Actually there are guys who write maybe 15 tickets a year and yes still have jobs. Why do you think departments have traffic enforcement units? Huh imagine that a specialized unit to enforce traffic laws while the other patrol units primarily handle calls. Why don't you actually take some time and do some research before you make some comment that makes absolutely no sense. I'm guessing you ate a perfect law abiding citizen though that the police just pick on all te time. Arnold Guy wake up. But hey if you would like I could call
My buddies down at APD and let them know that a concerned citizen wants every single person and violation stopped and ticketed. That would really boost the revenue!!
We are working to hurt financially all businesses located in Arnold as revenge for abusive police practices. Do not spend money in Arnold, Mo.
Jim West

De Soto, KS

#47 Feb 22, 2012
boycott wrote:
<quoted text>We are working to hurt financially all businesses located in Arnold as revenge for abusive police practices. Do not spend money in Arnold, Mo.
Good luck with that I am a business owner and I will do all I can to stop your goofy boycott. This is ridiculous you get a ticket and your having a cow over it. there are two sides to every story.
shockey

Saint Louis, MO

#48 Feb 22, 2012
Arnold Police Chief Shockey must be replaced for allowing abusive police practices.
shockey

Saint Louis, MO

#49 Feb 22, 2012
Chief Robert T. Shockey allows abusive poliece.
Who

Saint Louis, MO

#50 Feb 22, 2012
Like what?
Poliece

Arnold, MO

#51 Feb 22, 2012
High School Graj-i-ate?
Nuts

United States

#52 Feb 23, 2012
JamesBeth wrote:
My point was that perahps a better use of police assets and the possibility of reducing or catching property crime would be to have the 6 patrol cars patroling the city instead of sitting on 55 waiting for speeders on a Saturday/Sunday morning. It amazes me that Arnold still has enough officers protecting the public while having 6 cars running rador on north bound 55. Perahps we have too many officers? Or do we have a false sense of protection and there is an opportunity for criminals to rob the southern part of the city blind the next time the entire police force is sitting on north bound 55.
If you are so worried about the cops sitting on 55 doing their job and doing radar then maybe your shouldn't speed. I have been pulled over 3 or 4 times and every time I have gotten a ticket but I own up to it because I knew I was in the wrong.
Nuts

United States

#53 Feb 23, 2012
I will be eating everywhere in Arnold and shopping at every store because your boycott sucks. Own up to your mistake that you were doing something wrong and that is why you got the ticket. Don't be haters at the cops because of your stupidity.
Arnold resident

Saint Louis, MO

#54 Nov 22, 2012
hmm wrote:
And when they do show up why does it take 3 cop cars for a speeding ticket
Yes! Completely true! A few months back I seen a kid I knew that stole a BBQ pit from his neighbor. Kid has no prions and has never been in trouble, therefore no real need for extra cops. How many cars were there? 3! Couldn't believe the waste in tax dollars. Sad.
Maybe and Arnold Student

Bothell, WA

#55 Nov 22, 2012
I seen? I think there were some tax dollars were wasted on your education.
Get Real

Saint Louis, MO

#56 Nov 23, 2012
Arnold resident, you may have known the kid to have no proofs, but the officers dont always know that. Better to be safe than sorry. By the way maybe it was a slow day who are you to judge how and when police should do their job. Funny thing is, if your stuff gets stolen, you are probably the first person to call wanting police help from these CRIMINALS!!! Quit whining and step up to help your community instead if bashing the police. Doubt he was first time offender, probably first time caught.
Get Real

Saint Louis, MO

#57 Nov 23, 2012
Also how ironic that you are dogging the police about catching a thief. Now that's funny. Police doing their job and you still complain. You must be a criminal yourself. Oh and before you say it is a waste of your tax dollars for three police officers to be there, then where can they be, you complain if they go to lunch, u complain if they go a gas station, you complain if they meet up to talk car to car, you complain if more than one goes to a call, you complain if they are running radar on the highway, you complain of they write you a ticket for a violation. So mr taxpayer, what would like them to do? they are people and deserve to do their jobs and enjoy lunch and conversation with co workers just as you and everyone does, so stop complaining.
East side

Saint Louis, MO

#58 Dec 11, 2012
Just sayin wrote:
"The Lousy Cop"
Well Mr. Citizen, I guess you have me figured out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the "lousy cop." Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out.
From birth you teach your children that I am the bogeyman, and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal. You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something. You may take an hour for lunch, and have several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.
You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals at noon with your troubles. You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws, but never got a single ticket you deserved. You shout "foul" if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call!!!
You call it "part of the job" if someone strikes me, but it's "police brutality" if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me a few pointers on law enforcement. You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand and take it without batting an eye.
You cry, "Something has to be done about all the crime!" but you can't be bothered with getting involved.
You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, or deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, or save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours over-time to find your lost daughter.
So Mr. Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing, ME, or one if my buddies.
"YES ME THE LOUSY COP"
Lousy cop- Not
Thank you for all the times you gave up holidays with family to protect mine. Thank you for being understanding and giving second chances. I have never had an issue with Arnold or any other PD.
I would like to mention this:
One night I was at the Phillips 66 station on Jeffco and Starling- a man was confused (start of dementia) a lady Arnold Police officer stayed with the man for a couple of hours waiting on his son to come and pick him up. She could have easily told him to sit in his car, but she found the son and waited. This was something that went above what she could have done.
If you treat the police with the respect they deserve *** you will receive it back*** try it and see what happens.
Interested

Arnold, MO

#59 Dec 11, 2012
Please read the last paragraph

Missouri Constitution
Article VII
PUBLIC OFFICERS
Section 6

August 28, 2012

Penalty for nepotism.
Section 6. Any public officer or employee in this state who by virtue of his office or employment names or appoints to public office or employment any relative within the fourth degree, by consanguinity or affinity, shall thereby forfeit his office or employment.

Source: Const. of 1875, Art. XIV,ยง 13 (as adopted Feb. 26, 1924).
(1964) Acts of officer will not be declared invalid until question of forfeiture has been judicially determined. State v. King (Mo.), 379 S.W.2d 522.

(1967) A county court judge is a "public officer" within the meaning of this section of the constitution. State ex rel. Stephens v. Fletchell (Mo.), 412 S.W.2d 423.

(1976) When sheriff appointed his wife's uncle as deputy sheriff in violation of the constitutional provision which is self-enforcing, he forfeited his office and quo warranto was an appropriate remedy to enforce the resulting forfeiture. State ex Inf. Roberts v. Buckley (Mo.), 533 S.W.2d 551.

(1994) Although other county commissioners cast sufficient number of votes to assure appointment, when presiding commissioner of county participated in appointment process by voting for the appointment of presiding commissioner's sister-in- law as trustee of county board (a nonpaying position), appointment violated an antinepotism provision of constitution. State ex inf. Attorney General v. Shull, 887 S.W.2d 397 (Mo. en banc).
does not matter

Arnold, MO

#60 Dec 11, 2012
Alot of you miss the point entirely. APD can set up radar on I-55. It runs thru the city. I don't see anyone yelling about the other PD that run radar out by the airport. What gulls me is the fact that you people put down the very people that put out their time and expense to become "police officer". Now lets say that a pedafile was in the area harming kids yours or not. The officers do an investagation and find out it is someone you know. They arrest that person. You say great job way to go. But let them run radar on I-55 and yhou are like a bunch of valchures waiting to attack them. Before you all do that put your self in their shoes and see how you like it. Get off you butts and support these men and women who put on the badge. I always wanted to be a police officer, but I became a security officer. I was called rent-a-cop and a lot of other names. But that is beside the point. I have alot of friends that are Arnold Police Officers. Even in the city of St.Louis, where the crime is alot worse, I liked picking the brains of the officers I have met and worked with. You will be amazed with the knowlede thjat they have. Damn right I support the Arnold Police 100%. Just remember that the life that they may have to save the next time whether its on the highway or a city street may be yours. So take time if you see an Arnold Police Officer say "hi" or show that Officer some kindness instead of bashing them on the internet. Cause you may never know when you will need a police Officer. People of Arnold its time that we get behind our Officers. If you see something that you think is not right call the non-emergency number and let them know. They want the public to get envolve. Lets get behind them and show the just how much they mean to us in Arnold. Enough is enough people. Just saying.
DREW

Saint Louis, MO

#61 Dec 11, 2012
I am currently going through college majoring in Criminal Justice and I am going through a local law enforcement academy afterwards and I am hoping to get on at Arnold since it is a wonderful department and city to work for. I have lived in Arnold for 16 years until recently. "does not matter" I agree with you! I stand up for our police force as well
does not matter

Arnold, MO

#62 Dec 11, 2012
Thats great news Drew.Criminal Justice is not easy since it covers everything under the sun. From a mesdameanor to class A felony, how to secure a crime scene to writing a report. If you are thinking of joioning a police force after graduating, it will be hard at first you have to keep your writs, and remember what your instructers taught you and your fto.don't be afraid to ask questions cause thte dumbest one is the one you don't ask, and it just may save a life one day. What it is going to take is for the public and law enforcement to come to gether to fight the crime that is going on in the area. It has to stop some where but to boycot Arnold because of the police thats not the answer Jim West I agree with you I live and shop in Arnold I see you every now and then at Circil K. We have to support the City in anyway we can. If you want to know whats going on in or around Aronld, attend a council meeting be informed bring suggestions to the council if we want to change things it has to start somewhere so it might as well start with the Police and the people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jefferson County Allows Child Abuse! (Nov '12) Sun Back Again 8
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Jul 23 Just Saying 1,480
Water Tower Dental Group Jul 18 angel 8
Fox High School Superintendent (Sep '10) Jul 13 Eileen 1,509
Looking for decent home to rent,reasonable rent Jul 13 american 1
News Metro OKs long-range plan; voters to eye Prop A... (Feb '10) Jun '16 White Chick 29
iso Jun '16 oscardec1313 1

Pacific Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pacific Mortgages