United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2014

Judged:

no one should have more than 10 dogs even as a breeder. you can not keep up with their health and exercise needs let alone some real one on one playtime i am a breeder. i have 7 dogs. their needs are my first priority and they do not go without. they are not confined to a kennel unless they are in season. i do not believe this bill is anything more than the goverment wanting more control over everything in our lives. they got rid of so many jobs by allowing companies to move across to other countries. now they are looking to get ride of all the livestock farmers. so we can pay oil prices for food in the country. people get real the goverment does not care about your dogs and cats. this is about some politician trying to line pockets by ruining peoples lives. he/she don't live and work on a farm, so why should they care where our food comes from. some underpaid servant is preparing their food that probably already comes from somewhere else. everytime people think they are helping defenceless animals. they are only helping more greedy people.
SURPRIZE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2014

Judged:

Guest is right.The government does not care about dogs,cats and Etc.Have anyone noticed that the hsus and aspca were ordered to pay the Ringling Brothers a settlement of 15.9 million owed by hsus and aspca is to pay 9.4 million.Why! Because they brought animal abruse charges against the Ringling Brothers.The Ringling Brothers pushed back and won.But this info has not been reported by any news team team that I am aware of. I have noticed that their has been a lot of dog breeders shut down by the Attoney General. Also know that the kennel inspectors can violate a breeder for anything that they don t like.Wish leads to the breeder getting shut down.More lost jobs.
hgs827

Gulf Shores, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

They should just start grinding up all the puppies and selling it as hamburger. Screw the yapping little mutts.

Since: Feb 07

Village of Claycomo, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

hgs827 wrote:
They should just start grinding up all the puppies and selling it as hamburger. Screw the yapping little mutts.
Welcome to Arkansas.

Since: Feb 07

Village of Claycomo, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

Judged:

hgs827 wrote:
Or Alabama...
Sure

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

SURPRIZE wrote:
Guest is right.The government does not care about dogs,cats and Etc.Have anyone noticed that the hsus and aspca were ordered to pay the Ringling Brothers a settlement of 15.9 million owed by hsus and aspca is to pay 9.4 million.Why! Because they brought animal abruse charges against the Ringling Brothers.The Ringling Brothers pushed back and won.But this info has not been reported by any news team team that I am aware of. I have noticed that their has been a lot of dog breeders shut down by the Attoney General. Also know that the kennel inspectors can violate a breeder for anything that they don t like.Wish leads to the breeder getting shut down.More lost jobs.

Breeding is not a "job". Also it's there not their. We euthanize 10k animals a day in the US. I have three purebred rescue dogs. We don't need more "breeder releases" to shelters. Breeders are not doing shelters favors. My vet bill last year was $4,200. Get a real education and a real job.
Old Guy

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2014

Judged:

We used to go the purebred way years ago. Then we'd have the little rascals spayed or neutered anyway - we never cared about having pups - just the dog. We have three... A Jack, a Rat and an ankle biting Chihuahua. What a combo.

Nothing wrong with shutting down a puppy mill if it's not caring for the animals they have. I'm not too big on home breeders either. But, if they take care of their responsibility... Okay.
Farm girl

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2014

Judged:

Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Breeding is not a "job". Also it's there not their. We euthanize 10k animals a day in the US. I have three purebred rescue dogs. We don't need more "breeder releases" to shelters. Breeders are not doing shelters favors. My vet bill last year was $4,200. Get a real education and a real job.
Really !!!!! So Breeding cattle to produce milk and meat is not a job ! Maybe you should get education on where your food come's from.And where you will get your next pet from.
twosday

Carthage, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2014

Judged:

Warning labels: motor oil transmission fluid-avoid prolonged contact with the skin. If you develop a rash or boils swelling discomfort consult your doctor immediately, in tests has been known cause cancer, prohibited in the state of California. WHAT TESTS??
Picture a helpless innocent puppy forced to lie and sleep on a floor of motor oil, Days months till it dies suffering from poisoning from petroleum distillates. Missouri also allows kitty mills. We are run by sadistic heartless soulless non compassionate greedy slithering rich a-oles.
Daisey

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

August 5 th Amendment 1 is the right to farm bill.Please go to the polls to vote.Support your local farmers.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2014

Judged:

Farm girl wrote:
<quoted text> Really !!!!! So Breeding cattle to produce milk and meat is not a job ! Maybe you should get education on where your food come's from.And where you will get your next pet from.
Cattle? A dog is not a cow.
Diane

Royersford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2014

Anonymous wrote:
I will vote No cause it is a stupid bill. My dad has a kennel that he takes very good care of the dogs he has in it. They already have laws that should be enforced by the government and police instead of adding more to it.
Actually the current laws are inadequate to protect the quality of life of these animals in many kennels. State regulations which address the licensing of kennel operations may or may not include effective language as to standards of care. The USDA guidelines are not adequate. Just one of MANY examples!!!! These mills are given citations and time periods to correct. Meanwhile it is legal to stack up to 5 wire cages on top of each other, with up to 5 medium / small dogs per crate. They can be kept outdoors in temperatures close to freezing. This is all legal. I have personally participated in Puppy Mill rescues. While the breeders had violated no laws, had only received "warnings" we found dogs infested with heart worms, severe hip dysplasia, hernias, and so much more. We found PILES of dead dogs at more than location. Matted animals with eyes glued shut from lack of health care. Yet they were continually LEGALLY bred and puppies sold to brokers. It is truly disgusting. Take another look. You sound like you do care about the animals. Your education about what it takes to run a good facility would be of great help to animal rights organizations. I hope you get involved and at least take a look for yourself.

EXAMPLE
Stacy Farley, Lancaster, MO – Dogs smeared with feces, matted clumps as large as baseballs; mother dog had no water. In February 2014, USDA inspectors found five different types of violations at Farley’s kennel, including five dogs with only frozen water in their bowls and conditions so filthy that some of the dogs’“feet and legs have become soiled with feces and/or urine” from walking in feces-filled enclosures. The USDA had repeatedly warned Farley about the filthy conditions on previous visits, including a “strong and prominent ammonia [urine] odor” in the indoor kennel and accumulations of feces in some of the cages that made it difficult for the dogs to walk without stepping in it. In November 2013, a USDA inspector found one dog so badly matted that some of her mats were as large as baseballs, and noted “these mats were discolored brown possibly due to the fecal and urine accumulation in the enclosure.” The inspector also found a pregnant Maltese who had no water, and when given water at the inspector’s request, the dog “drank almost continuously for over a minute” as if she had not had water in a long time. On another occasion in July 2013, inspectors found a dead mouse floating in a dog’s water bowl and an “extreme insect and rodent problem” throughout the facility, among other problems. In August 2013, this dealer was given an official warning from the USDA for several of these repeated problems. USDA # 43-B-3663.
CLUE

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2014

I Love all Animals. And I hope that dogs do not become unavailable due to prop B . I am also concerned that due to prop B That our Right to farm could be in danger .PLEASE support the farmers in the Aug 5 election.
layback

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Ilove dogs
udontknow

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2014

Judged:

Funny when people who make law act like they know anything about dogs. Proposing a rest period for puppy mommas is actually detrimental to their health! Scientific fact.

Meanwhile, the pound is full of free dogs, so if idiots would stop buying breeders dogs that problem would solve itself. We dont need farming laws, we need education- and not just for people but lawmakers as well.

Next they will assume its bad for a cows health to calve every year, and the government will cry that all the rabbits of the fields "need a break" between the several litters they birth, and how inhumane it is to raise cows chickens pigs goats just to kill and eat them.
The government needs to get its collective head straight and start doing for the people, and quit wasting time on issues like this.
udontknow

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2014

Judged:

Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong answer, moralfag; the problem is PEOPLE, not breeders. If they wouldnt buy the puppies, breeders wouldnt breed so many. Look at horses right now. Breeders arent churning out colts because there is no market. Know why? Because some know nothing govt idiot decided to ban the slaughter market for horses! Used to be able to sell a crazy man-killer horse to the glue factory so to speak, now you cant. You could get 800 bucks for your 800lb idiot horse. This meant that a fine registered horse was obviously worth more. Much more. So now people have fine horses that have no value.... and horse ownership is declining....anyway if you want to see a vegetarian usa keep whinging.... cows pigs etc are next.
udontknow

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2014

Judged:

Curly Boi wrote:
<quoted text>
Cattle? A dog is not a cow.
No sh1t? They both feel pain and are furry animals.... where did you come up with the imaginary line?
udontknow

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2014

Judged:

Diane wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the current laws are inadequate to protect the quality of life of these animals in many kennels. State regulations which address the licensing of kennel operations may or may not include effective language as to standards of care. The USDA guidelines are not adequate. Just one of MANY examples!!!! These mills are given citations and time periods to correct. Meanwhile it is legal to stack up to 5 wire cages on top of each other, with up to 5 medium / small dogs per crate. They can be kept outdoors in temperatures close to freezing. This is all legal. I have personally participated in Puppy Mill rescues. While the breeders had violated no laws, had only received "warnings" we found dogs infested with heart worms, severe hip dysplasia, hernias, and so much more. We found PILES of dead dogs at more than location. Matted animals with eyes glued shut from lack of health care. Yet they were continually LEGALLY bred and puppies sold to brokers. It is truly disgusting. Take another look. You sound like you do care about the animals. Your education about what it takes to run a good facility would be of great help to animal rights organizations. I hope you get involved and at least take a look for yourself.
EXAMPLE
Stacy Farley, Lancaster, MO – Dogs smeared with feces, matted clumps as large as baseballs; mother dog had no water. In February 2014, USDA inspectors found five different types of violations at Farley’s kennel, including five dogs with only frozen water in their bowls and conditions so filthy that some of the dogs’“feet and legs have become soiled with feces and/or urine” from walking in feces-filled enclosures. The USDA had repeatedly warned Farley about the filthy conditions on previous visits, including a “strong and prominent ammonia [urine] odor” in the indoor kennel and accumulations of feces in some of the cages that made it difficult for the dogs to walk without stepping in it. In November 2013, a USDA inspector found one dog so badly matted that some of her mats were as large as baseballs, and noted “these mats were discolored brown possibly due to the fecal and urine accumulation in the enclosure.” The inspector also found a pregnant Maltese who had no water, and when given water at the inspector’s request, the dog “drank almost continuously for over a minute” as if she had not had water in a long time. On another occasion in July 2013, inspectors found a dead mouse floating in a dog’s water bowl and an “extreme insect and rodent problem” throughout the facility, among other problems. In August 2013, this dealer was given an official warning from the USDA for several of these repeated problems. USDA # 43-B-3663.
So punish everyone else too, collectively. The same reason you should lose your drivers license because john doe the drunk driver killed a family in a car accident. John did that, but EVERYONE should pay. No driving for anyone! No innocence until proven guilty, no freedom, just... everyone is assumed guilty preemptively.

OTOH....ppl who treat their animals like this should be caged and given the same treatment. OMG, NO, THAT WOULD BE INHUMANE!

Lawmakers/ idiots.
Old Guy

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2014

Judged:

We don't need Puppy Mills. Personally, I think they should be banned nationally. If not, then any inspection that uncovers any type of animal abuse... They should be fined and prevented from reopening.
Diane

Royersford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2014

udontknow wrote:
Funny when people who make law act like they know anything about dogs. Proposing a rest period for puppy mommas is actually detrimental to their health! Scientific fact.
Meanwhile, the pound is full of free dogs, so if idiots would stop buying breeders dogs that problem would solve itself. We dont need farming laws, we need education- and not just for people but lawmakers as well.
Next they will assume its bad for a cows health to calve every year, and the government will cry that all the rabbits of the fields "need a break" between the several litters they birth, and how inhumane it is to raise cows chickens pigs goats just to kill and eat them.
The government needs to get its collective head straight and start doing for the people, and quit wasting time on issues like this.
You don't know much about dog breeding. Your analogy using cows is ridiculous. Of course we all need to concentrate our efforts on the rescue of animals at shelters. MANY of them came from PUPPY MILL! DUH!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Pacific Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pacific People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pacific News, Events & Info