No more gates for Jefferson County

No more gates for Jefferson County

Posted in the Pacific Forum

Common Sense

Arnold, MO

#1 Jun 6, 2012
Please don't put up new gates anywhere in Jefferson County for the sake of emergency services getting thru. They do not work as they should and lose precious time to get to emergencies. At the apartments in Arnold and the gate in Ambrose Crossing, the fire district, whether they tell you or not, has issues with opening them. Rock Community has been allowing gates but are careless with this decision. Other fire districts in the county have strict rules not to allow obstructions. Pointless trainings spending countless tax dollars still don't make the gates work properly. With staff changes and loss of memory, emergency personnel will not always have the knowledge to know how to open the gates. Why risk this fact. Valley Oaks has seen this happen too many times over the past year with gate failure. The gates need to go and no new ones installed. It is a shame that a few bad eggs speed thru subdivisions. It happens in every 20 mph subdivision. Don't just let this be the cause for a few to mess it up for the many. Please add some common sense here and DO "whatever it takes"(Rock Comm.'s motto) to help the citizens of Jeffco and don't have permanent obstructions on any of our streets. And to P&Z of JeffCO, please take the time to review the street plans of the county. The root of all these problems lays with you and your predecessors. I pray you can make sure that these situations are avoided in the future with adjoining subdivisions and stop the wars among neighbors. Thank you
concerned resident

Arnold, MO

#2 Jun 6, 2012
Why don't you stop trying to portray yourself as some kind of victim and climb down from your pity wagon and get a life? There is not a problem with the gate, the only problem is in your head.
Look in the City of St. Louis, they put up permanent barriers, no gates and they seem to manage just fine.
While I can see this is a way for you to keep your mind occupied, running around saying the sky is falling just won't work anymore. Find a new cause, this one isn't gaining any ground.
Class not classless

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 6, 2012
Spend your time convincing the motorists who will not pay attention to the rules of the road or damage property or endanger children playing. If they had slowed down or driven friendlier, the gates would be unnecessary. They are a last effort to try to correct this problem.
The gates can go bye bye

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jun 6, 2012
Well, let's gate up every subdivision then. How can you "Concerned Resident" even compare this area of Jefferson County similar to the fledgling City of St. Louis. That's why we live here to avoid what the City deals with. OMG.
Jefferson County P&Z NEEDS to pay attention when connecting subdivisions. When gates slow down or prevent emergency services to get to an emergency, that is a major problem. This 'last effort' to stop speeders escalates the problem even worse. A gate may solve one 'minor' problem, but residents are getting affected with the lack of competent emergency services with the obstruction. You are all fools to think otherwise. There will always be various levels of good and bad drivers, just don't take away our emergency services. Thank you for making more victims and learn where to focus the blame.
Gate keeper

Euless, TX

#5 Jun 6, 2012
The gates can go bye bye wrote:
Well, let's gate up every subdivision then. How can you "Concerned Resident" even compare this area of Jefferson County similar to the fledgling City of St. Louis. That's why we live here to avoid what the City deals with. OMG.
Jefferson County P&Z NEEDS to pay attention when connecting subdivisions. When gates slow down or prevent emergency services to get to an emergency, that is a major problem. This 'last effort' to stop speeders escalates the problem even worse. A gate may solve one 'minor' problem, but residents are getting affected with the lack of competent emergency services with the obstruction. You are all fools to think otherwise. There will always be various levels of good and bad drivers, just don't take away our emergency services. Thank you for making more victims and learn where to focus the blame.
The subdivision roads weren't built to make your commute easier or even cut emergency response time for other subdivisions. It was built to protect a PRIVATE road. Look that word up and maybe you would have a better understanding
The gates can go bye bye

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jun 6, 2012
Look up the Jefferson County subdivision plan that states the provision of traffic on private streets with public access. However, even if the public were not permitted, it IS the intention of the county that these private roads are accessible for emergency vehicles to get thru. So YES, the roads were built for that and took some home developers to court to make it that way. Keep your poor reasons coming for gates, I can do this all day.
Gate keeper

Euless, TX

#7 Jun 6, 2012
The gates can go bye bye wrote:
Look up the Jefferson County subdivision plan that states the provision of traffic on private streets with public access. However, even if the public were not permitted, it IS the intention of the county that these private roads are accessible for emergency vehicles to get thru. So YES, the roads were built for that and took some home developers to court to make it that way. Keep your poor reasons coming for gates, I can do this all day.
There is still acces to the subdivision via the gate to emergency services just not to the resident on the other side which is with the law and codes so your argument holds no water
Some Facts

Arnold, MO

#8 Jun 6, 2012
Since the thread Gate on Ambrose Crossing disappeared, I thought I would post the following in this thread.

Area Gated Communities
Stonehenge-High Ridge
Raintree- Hillsboro
Lindbergh Place-St. Louis 63114
The Hamptons and Spring Mill-St. Charles
The Manors at Castle Ridge-Ballwin
River Breeze and Bridgeview Manor-Oakville
Mill Crossing-Creve Coeur

These are just a few, as you can see some are in Jefferson County, there are many, many more. There are
at least 14 in the Rock Community/Rock Township area.
The gate will stay

Imperial, MO

#9 Jun 6, 2012
Theodore Ridge/Tamarik
Vogel Estates - TBA
Seckman Lakes - TBA

The policy is here to stay.
Gate keeper

Arnold, MO

#10 Jun 6, 2012
If you don't like the gates move somewhere that doesn't have them
Missing Thread Finder

Arnold, MO

#11 Jun 7, 2012
In case anyone is interested, I do have a screen shot of all three pages of Gate on Ambrose Crossing. I wonder why it was taken down. Maybe because some people made claims that weren't true?
Gate keeper

Euless, TX

#12 Jun 7, 2012
Missing Thread Finder wrote:
In case anyone is interested, I do have a screen shot of all three pages of Gate on Ambrose Crossing. I wonder why it was taken down. Maybe because some people made claims that weren't true?
It's there just search Ambrose
wow

Hillsboro, MO

#13 Jun 12, 2012
yuppies
lester

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Jun 12, 2012
wow wrote:
yuppies
Not really, we are talking about Jeff co here. The gates serve to keep riff raff in as much as they do to keep it out.
Class not classless

United States

#15 Jun 14, 2012
lester wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, we are talking about Jeff co here. The gates serve to keep riff raff in as much as they do to keep it out.
That has never been the issue but if you feel better having posted it, you go boy. Stay out of those subdivisions then and the others can do what they do driving out the open end.
Angela

Arnold, MO

#16 Jun 15, 2012
Is this the missing thread on Ambrose?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/imperial-mo/T...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone Know This Woman? Aug 25 lolz 6
is weiners dead? Aug 24 LA resident 1
John Griggs Aug 23 DOC 2
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Aug 23 showman 1,289
Obssession Aug 21 Why Bother 6
Review: Bays ET Highspeed Internet Aug 18 nointernet 2
What's the Deal With Jefferson College Continui... Aug 14 Eileen 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pacific Mortgages