First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FActs

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Feb 1, 2013
Maybe because the bingo games and not having proper inspections is illegal and so is the city clerk disqualifying people from the election ballot.
What corruption

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Feb 1, 2013
Further what kind of leader would Doris make that she clearly didn't even bother to ask, "are your taxes paid?", or "do you ahve anything that might come out that would prevent you from running?"

Tells me she can't think far enough ahead to be able to big pitcure plan and then determine the details to get the City moving in that direction!
What

Arnold, MO

#23 Feb 1, 2013
Now you wait a gosh darn minute there. Why would it be up to Doris to ask if their taxes were paid? It wasn't even the clerk's job to do so, why then would that be her responsiblity? Pretty sure Doris would have been damned no matter what she did, if she asked she probably would have been accused of harassing them.
Give it up

United States

#24 Feb 1, 2013
Doris seems to be playing victim and I don't think we need someone with a victim mentality running the city.
Boyer really is No 2

Arnold, MO

#25 Feb 2, 2013
What wrote:
Now you wait a gosh darn minute there. Why would it be up to Doris to ask if their taxes were paid? It wasn't even the clerk's job to do so, why then would that be her responsiblity? Pretty sure Doris would have been damned no matter what she did, if she asked she probably would have been accused of harassing them.
You do not have to ask her that. How about you ask her why her buddy and close ally Mat Hay benefited from this rule when he ran against no one and Brian Waldrop was eliminated for the same reason. It's all fun and games when it goes in their favor but when it does not let's cry like chicken little.
Check Again

Arnold, MO

#26 Feb 3, 2013
Boyer really is No 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not have to ask her that. How about you ask her why her buddy and close ally Mat Hay benefited from this rule when he ran against no one and Brian Waldrop was eliminated for the same reason. It's all fun and games when it goes in their favor but when it does not let's cry like chicken little.
Nope, Mr. Waldrop was not eliminated for the same reason. He owed real estate taxes, that differs in that the City of Arnold benefits directly from those taxes. He did not pay 2007 taxes until 1/24/08. When you look at that record, you might want to check subsequent years, just sayin'
Tell The Truth

Arnold, MO

#27 Feb 3, 2013
Makes you wonder. The city does benefit from personal property taxes, too. So, that arguement doesn't stand.

I find it funny, too, that they only raise a stink when the situation doesn't benefit them. Both candidates didn't pay so they shouldn't be on the ballot. If they can't pay on time then how can we trust them to make the city payments on time?
Really

Arnold, MO

#28 Feb 3, 2013
The city does not receive a cut of the personal property taxes directly. The city is allocated a percentage from the real estate taxes roughly 5% of the total taxes.
If your second assertion is true, then Bill Moritz should not have been on the ballot a couple years ago. All or none. Fair or unfair.
The bottom line though is that it is not up to the city clerk to make that determination. It is up to the Department of Revenue AFTER receiving a complaint, investigating, determining an arrearage then giving a candidate 30 days to pay, then and only then are THEY(the Department of Revenue)able to remove someone from the ballot for owing state taxes.
What corruption

Saint Louis, MO

#29 Feb 4, 2013
What wrote:
Just saying, if you are vetting a canidate to bring forward you want to make sure that nothing comes out to bite you later... Would be one of the first questions I asked if I was doing this. Just goes to show that Doris or anyone in her camp dont think very far ahead.... One in it for the moment.
Letusnamenames

United States

#30 Feb 4, 2013
Like I said, when it benefits them they are fine with Sweeney's opinions, but when it doesn't they have to cry foul.
Laughing at You

Arnold, MO

#31 Feb 5, 2013
Letusnamenames wrote:
Like I said, when it benefits them they are fine with Sweeney's opinions, but when it doesn't they have to cry foul.
Who are the elusive "they" you keep referring to? Are they peeping in your windows? Stepping on your property, hiding behind your bushes? Sweeney is a joke of an attorney, hire him next time you want to be milked for fees, he can bill you instead of draining taxpayer dollars.
Letusnamenames

United States

#32 Feb 5, 2013
You know.

Apparently you don't want to come on my property since you think it is run down and a truck lot would look great next to it.
Laughing at You

Arnold, MO

#33 Feb 5, 2013
Hmmm, not familiar with that statement, but if you think a parking lot would be a better use of the property, by all means apply for a demolition permit.
Rick Perry

High Ridge, MO

#34 Feb 6, 2013
Satan shoved a pineapple up Hitler's butt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arnold website woes? 49 min ArnoldCC 70
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr RNC Rightwing NUT... 97,046
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 5 hr Ronald 2,863
Do anyone know Arild Sundeng?KansasCity? (May '09) 6 hr Hdd 5
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 9 hr FredFromArnold 475
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 10 hr grave digger 303
Fox High School Superintendent (Sep '10) 10 hr youngpam2 1,405
•••
•••
•••

Pacific Jobs

•••
•••
•••