Dark side of Pacific
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frances

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Nov 4, 2008
I was told by someone from another city that there was a dark side to Pacific. What exactly does this mean?
abc

Columbia, MO

#2 Nov 13, 2008
that most of the people in pacific are crooks, thieves, or prisoners
Rick Presley

United States

#3 Nov 14, 2008
I have lived in Pacific for about the last 14 years and I have never seen any "Dark side of Pacific". I lived in Washington, Mo for most of the first 15 years of my life, around the late 60's-most of the 70's, and I always was told to never stop in Pacific.But that was a long time ago. Things must have changed because I think it is a great place to live and raise a family. Two of my brothers have moved to Pacific and both have raised there families here in Pacific.
mcb

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Nov 16, 2008
i think the dark side of pacific may be implied because of the the meth problems that occur not only there but all over franklin county, id say it is a darkside because if you aren,t careful it can suck you in like a black hole and spit you out. this is not only a problem for adolescents but an alarming problem for adults as well. i have seen many well rounded and respected citizens fall victim to this problem.
sansone

United States

#5 Nov 17, 2008
why would anone in their right mind try meth? Its like looking at the fireplace and saying. "gee I bet that flame won't burn me." Then sticking your hand in the flame.
nls

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Nov 17, 2008
come visit a few of the gas station and other places in Pacific and you will know all you want to about the drugs and the people who are manufacturing and selling them.
WittsnSass

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Nov 17, 2008
Aww, come on, P-Town is like most other towns, good and bad, you choose.
There is a large number of folks stuck in high school, they live and die by what happens at the Eagles, Friends, etc. their thoughts are small but, oh well it's their lives!
TBean

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Nov 18, 2008
I have to say I grew up in Pacific, went off to college and came back, now I'm in med school. Its not just a town of druggie, drop outs, although I'll be the first to say there are plenty. And just like the previous comment said most people never left and are still stuck in high school. But you will find that those people are everywhere from Wildwood to Laude. It's what you make of it, we may not be the wealthiest town or the biggiest, but Pacific has come a long way!
sansone

United States

#9 Nov 18, 2008
Go Pacific. Rah Rah

Since: Nov 08

Pacific, Mo

#10 Nov 19, 2008
I still believe that Pacific has out grow it's "bad" rep. As it has been said it is like almost any other town. I see more news about drug, murder, robberies, and other crimes in St Louis and St Louis County.
Bill

Brookville, PA

#11 Feb 16, 2009
Sure miss the place I grew up there and boy did we have alota good times.I'm sure things have changed and god forbid got as old as i am.But It'll always be home. Maybe someday we can sit around the campfire again and wounder how were gona get that truck out of the mud.
lorie ponder

Osceola, MO

#12 Nov 9, 2010
i go to pacific often to visit my honey in prison was thinking about moveing there in the spring. the town seems peaceful and i would love to know more about pacific
Pacificer

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Nov 9, 2010
lorie ponder wrote:
i go to pacific often to visit my honey in prison was thinking about moveing there in the spring. the town seems peaceful and i would love to know more about pacific
Just what we want in our town, some criminal and his girlfriend.
Stay away.
lorie ponder

El Dorado Springs, MO

#14 Nov 9, 2010
what ever now i think i will relocat there thanks alot have a good day
woman who wants best

Sainte Genevieve, MO

#15 Nov 9, 2010
education education education ...no one but a complete idiot would get involved in meth and other drugs--where do they get their money???Parents get involved in your schools==why do so few people attend school events--why is there not more high school kids going out for sports team---why are some of the students allowed to dress for high school the way they do..baggy pants ..short short shorts on girls and some of the girls tops have a bit to much cleavage...they need to be taught they will never get a job dressing the way they do....Dare program should be in high school too and students taught more respect for teachers....all I can say is anyone who gets involved with drugs is stupid..you know you will get caught...end up in jail then who will ever hire you..it is just so sad that people on drugs or makes them ,,Why do they make citizens lives in danger by making meth---Pacific is a nice little town get involved and get the drug people and trash out.
lorie ponder

El Dorado Springs, MO

#16 Nov 10, 2010
yea i hear ya, and this little town should not judge people who want to relocate , just because my man in prison there does not mean hes a bad person or a drug dealer lol its all good just rented me a 4 bed room house in picific, lets see how this town welcomes me and my family. fyi i am a college student going into law so judge me if you must lol the laughs on the judgers.
MAter

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Nov 18, 2010
The only dark side I know of is on the North side of hwy 44 just east of Molly browns fireworks, there are some condos and apartments back there.
Blanc

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Nov 18, 2010
lorie ponder wrote:
yea i hear ya, and this little town should not judge people who want to relocate , just because my man in prison there does not mean hes a bad person or a drug dealer lol its all good just rented me a 4 bed room house in picific, lets see how this town welcomes me and my family. fyi i am a college student going into law so judge me if you must lol the laughs on the judgers.
Hahaha.
Your going to be a lawyer?
You can't even use the English language properly.
Blanc

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Nov 18, 2010
Correction:
you're.
InjunJoes

Cape Girardeau, MO

#20 Jan 22, 2011
I grew up in Pacific, and while I couldn't wait to leave after high school, looking back it wasn't a bad town. I hate to say it, but the real problems came after they built the prison and all the prisoner families and loved ones showed up in town. Not trying to sound racist, but we had very few blacks in Pacific and steadily through the years we are getting more and more blacks and mexicans, and with them came an increase in crime. The police in Pacific need to be more ass kicking and run these turds out of town. Let's face it, prisoner families are not the type of people this town should be trying to attract.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jefferson County Allows Child Abuse! (Nov '12) 4 hr janeDoe 11
the pisa group (Apr '12) Fri Sherminator 5
Arnold Ordinance 6.17?! (Feb '12) Aug 15 calegal in Arnold 28
We need a new Trash company! Aug 15 Cindy 1
Fox C6 and the ECLIPSE Aug 10 Man In Moon 4
What happened to Kimmswick? (Jan '06) Aug 7 Just Hype 795
Hi Pacific. You are a great town. Jul '17 KccccccCCC 1

Pacific Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance