Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#45 Jun 13, 2014
Matt Hay wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughlin had his chance, but seems to favor just giving our money away to fund despicable behavior. I am not impressed by his comments at all.
Certainly not the kind of "leadership" one expects from a guy who has his kind of credentials as a CEO operating a $MM company with many people under his supervision..........
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#46 Jun 13, 2014
smart wrote:
If her husband was willing to say he was the one that made all the statements (this is a hypothetical) then there would be no grounds to fire her. At the very least it would be much more expensive to defend than her one time payment. You don't have to like it, but these board members made a sound fiscal decision that saves the taxpayers money. Unfortunately, with the current 7 mil deficit, savings to the bottom line are the only thing that matter.
I just can't see a scenario that included firing her and not entering into a very long and expensive suit. Chet Pleban has taken this District for a bunch of money before. He is an excellent attorney and knows how to prolong a suit, which increases those fees exponentially. Lots of motions to file and be responded to.
Again, it feels like justice has not been served, but sometimes it isn't what you know, it's what you can prove.
Plenty of "grounds" abound. What about the "accident" with the district funded vehicle and no drug test being done? Is that a violation of district policy? Promotions given to unqualified family members or soon to be husbands, could that be a violation? Ignoring glaring violations of policy by "connected" individuals, is that excusable? This is not just a one time payment, it is a weekly paycheck until October, along with a car allowance, insurance, etc. Then cushy retirement.
Chet Pleban didn't take the district for a bunch of money before! They willingly gave it to him on a silver platter! The board at that time made the decision to renew the superintendent's contract for three years and then the boneheaded decision shortly after to fire her for obviously no good reason or she wouldn't have been able to walk with over $300,000 and go on to the next school district job with her head held high. That, was a completely different scenario from now.
Sara

Waterloo, IL

#47 Jun 13, 2014
It would have cost the district a lot more than 300,000.00. We don't have the money, period!
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#48 Jun 13, 2014
Sara wrote:
It would have cost the district a lot more than 300,000.00. We don't have the money, period!
According to a reported statement from her attorney , SHE hasn't accepted retirement....Sara, you have no idea what it would cost.
ArnoldCC

United States

#49 Jun 13, 2014
If she is fired for cause can she really come back and sue or are they trying to put it all on her husband saying you can't prove who was behind the keyboard thing (like I predicted)?

And Doris is right that we don't know how much it will cost, but one thing for sure, it sure isn't going to be free. We are going to pay for it somehow and on top of the monetary stuff we now have a district with a bad reputation because of all of it.
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#51 Jun 14, 2014
1. HOW did the perpetrators get their information about Mr. Ferry?(which they used to attack him on Topix)

2. Were any Board of Education members aware LAST YEAR, about the ongoing harassment at Topix? If yes, how was it addressed?

3. When certain people received letters last year from the School District telling them to C&D, who initiated the letters be sent?
Pennies

Saint Louis, MO

#52 Jun 19, 2014
Why do all the cuts in the district start and the bottom where the pennies are and not the top where the dollars are?
Watcher

Ballwin, MO

#53 Jun 19, 2014
Eileen wrote:
1. HOW did the perpetrators get their information about Mr. Ferry?(which they used to attack him on Topix)
2. Were any Board of Education members aware LAST YEAR, about the ongoing harassment at Topix? If yes, how was it addressed?
3. When certain people received letters last year from the School District telling them to C&D, who initiated the letters be sent?
1) they made up the information
2) probably
3) take one big guess
care

Saint Louis, MO

#54 Jun 21, 2014
Reading in the Leader all the lay offs, pay cuts, benefits being cut. And on which employees? Bus drivers, cooks, custodians, all the low paid people. Could someone explain this to me. I'm going to ask a stupid question, but would it not be better to cut all these that are making well over $100,00.00 and the way I understand it, there are quit a few of those. If they would drop all these people down below $100,00.00 they could easily make up their deficit. Or least, they wouldn't have to lay anyone off or cut their pay. I know I guess I took a stupid pill instead of my birth control this morning.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#55 Jun 21, 2014
Maybe for the good of the district and the kids, some at the top end would volunteer to cut their pay? Maybe those same people at the top could do double duty to take up the tasks that will be left undone with the cuts from the drivers, custodians, etc.? If one has so many assistants they in fact have nothing to do, maybe there are too many assistants? How many positions at the top are superfluous? Maybe a comprehensive efficiency audit of job descriptions and corresponding duties is in order. Top of the line management and their assistants should make logs of a typical day's work, what each does from the time they start to the time they finish. Show us what you specifically do for all that money.....
Mismanagement

Imperial, MO

#56 Jun 21, 2014
I truly don't believe there was any "illegal" activity with the district's $$$. I do know this; our district is behind in providing appropriate technology for students. Many school districts, even some that are considerably smaller, PROVIDE each student with an electronic device to use everyday, at home and at school. Fox is, JUST THIS COMING YEAR, allowing students to bring their own device (BYOD) if they are in grades 7(6)-12. One of the HUGE selling points of the recent bond issue was to provide more technology for student use. Actually, they have improved technology within the schools. However, I believe much of the money that COULD HAVE been used to provide devices to each student 6-12 was used to put turf on the athletic fields. It cost 2 million to put turf on the fields. That money could have been used to provide a chrome book to EVERY student 6-12 and STILL have money left to saturate the schools with the wifi and bandwidth to support the devices within the schools. This is just one example of mismanagement. While it is not illegal it does shed some light on $$$ being spent recklessly.
Sam Ferry

Chesterfield, MO

#57 Jun 21, 2014
care wrote:
Reading in the Leader all the lay offs, pay cuts, benefits being cut. And on which employees? Bus drivers, cooks, custodians, all the low paid people. Could someone explain this to me. I'm going to ask a stupid question, but would it not be better to cut all these that are making well over $100,00.00 and the way I understand it, there are quit a few of those. If they would drop all these people down below $100,00.00 they could easily make up their deficit. Or least, they wouldn't have to lay anyone off or cut their pay. I know I guess I took a stupid pill instead of my birth control this morning.
Yes it would be better considering it is administrative as well as teacher's salaries that have caused the current financial distress. BUT.........as the new CFO said in the last Board Meeting those salaries have already bet set in stone with this year's contracts. They can not touch them in the coming fiscal year. He said that those cuts would have to wait until 2015/2016. I believe that there will be a total revamping of the current pay scale for certified staff, certainly for the upper tiers. As a community we have to hold the board to that when the time comes! AS A COMMUNITY!! Do not rely on those that have those contracts to agree with it because it would be a rare breed that would agree they are being paid too much! Now would be a good time for Mark Jones to be on the board considering these are the very fiancial principles he espoused. He proved to be ahead of the curve on this!
So what can be done

High Ridge, MO

#58 Jun 21, 2014
Repost from status quo discussion

While Dianne is away Crutchley has a unique opportunity to not only do the right thing for the district, but also to eliminate one of his future rivals for the top job. He should release a statement - which I would generously volunteer to ghost write - in which he announces the firing of the BQ as a result of her failure to meet certain standards and qualifications. In the same statement he will lay the blame for the debacle at Todd Scott's door, saying that "it is incomprehensible to me how the director of human resources could a) hire such a totally unqualified candidate for such a vital position, b) fail to monitor her (lack of) progress towards a minimal standard of competency, and c) bring such disrepute upon the school district, its many, many qualified employees, and the Board of Directors."

It's perfect! He gets rid of the BQ and helps restore the credibility of the food service department. He gets us off his back until his next wrong headed move. Todd, whom one might expect to throw his dancing shoes into the ring when the next Superintendent is being recruited is thrown under the bus, and, best of all, he throws a bone to the BOE - the very group charged with hiring the next Super.

If teacher contracts are settled then so are the contracted classified staffs' contracts. Since administrators second raise was almost as much and even more in some cases of the classified employees salaries why do they not have to give up anything?
Addit

Fort Scott, KS

#59 Jun 21, 2014
No money for salary increase; teachers are frozen, just found out. No contracts have been presented to teachers, or signed. The signed contracts spoken of are admin who, I believe, renew and sign in December?
So what can be done

High Ridge, MO

#60 Jun 21, 2014
Addit wrote:
No money for salary increase; teachers are frozen, just found out. No contracts have been presented to teachers, or signed. The signed contracts spoken of are admin who, I believe, renew and sign in December?
Thank you Addit for the info. Don't believe everything you read!

“hhfh”

Since: Jun 14

USA

#61 Jun 21, 2014
So what can be done wrote:
Repost from status quo discussion

While Dianne is away Crutchley has a unique opportunity to not only do the right thing for the district, but also to eliminate one of his future rivals for the top job. He should release a statement - which I would generously volunteer to ghost write - in which he announces the firing of the BQ as a result of her failure to meet certain standards and qualifications. In the same statement he will lay the blame for the debacle at Todd Scott's door, saying that "it is incomprehensible to me how the director of human resources could a) hire such a totally unqualified candidate for such a vital position, b) fail to monitor her (lack of) progress towards a minimal standard of competency, and c) bring such disrepute upon the school district, its many, many qualified employees, and the Board of Directors."

It's perfect! He gets rid of the BQ and helps restore the credibility of the food service department. He gets us off his back until his next wrong headed move. Todd, whom one might expect to throw his dancing shoes into the ring when the next Superintendent is being recruited is thrown under the bus, and, best of all, he throws a bone to the BOE - the very group charged with hiring the next Super.

If teacher contracts are settled then so are the contracted classified staffs' contracts. Since administrators second raise was almost as much and even more in some cases of the classified employees salaries why do they not have to give up anything?
Admin contracts are up July 1st... Teachers contracts aren't signed until school starts.
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

#62 Jun 28, 2014
Please advise on the next BOE meeting; this week? Change of usual day? What time? Where? Maybe a lot of people will show up if this info is posted. A lot of questions need to be answered by the BOE. Thank you in advance for the information.
C6Driver

Arnold, MO

#63 Jun 30, 2014
Addit wrote:
Please advise on the next BOE meeting; this week? Change of usual day? What time? Where? Maybe a lot of people will show up if this info is posted. A lot of questions need to be answered by the BOE. Thank you in advance for the information.
Final BOE meeting of the fiscal year is tonight.
maybe

Sikeston, MO

#64 Jun 30, 2014
Why isn't our BOE actively campaigning the Normandy School District to provide transportation to Fox C6? We are $7 mil in the hole. It has been reported that Francis Howell is turning away $2.5 mil for 350 students. How many jobs could that money save? Shame on all of us for not imploring our board investigate this!!!
FYI

Saint Louis, MO

#65 Jun 30, 2014
It has been posted on the Fox website since 06/17/14

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawsuit accuses municipalities of targeting the... Aug 22 VeeBee 6
What happened to Kimmswick? (Jan '06) Aug 13 Addit 790
Is fenton a racist city Aug 11 Funny 7
J.m marschuetz Aug 3 Anonymous 1
SB40 JCDDRB County Tax Levy - Funding & Service... (Nov '15) Aug 2 VeeBee 28
Fox High School Superintendent (Sep '10) Aug 2 Addit 1,510
Jefferson County Allows Child Abuse! (Nov '12) Jul 29 victim 9

Pacific Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance