Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion

Posted in the Pacific Forum

First Prev
of 74
Next Last
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#2 Jun 2, 2014
Which members of this Board are entrenched, if any?
Which members of this Board are open, or closed, to public input?

Can anyone with more insight into the members, please enlighten the rest of us who do not know as much?
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#3 Jun 2, 2014
Why did the Board hire a new CFO without mentioning to the public (the taxpaying public whose interests they represent) the need for a new CFO?

Why is the Board of Education of the mindset that we must 'upcycle' former city employees, to fill vacancies--

rather than hire from a broader pool of candidates?
Matt Hay

United States

#4 Jun 2, 2014
Not sure, but I sent them all an email expressing my thoughts on this matter on Friday, and to date, the only person who has responded back to acknowledge receipt was Dawn Mullins.
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#5 Jun 2, 2014
Were any of the "cyberbullying" details brought to the attention privately of Board of Education members in the past year?

Am I remembering correctly that at least once, a BoE member was informed privately about the shenanigans of "Troop" posts?
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#6 Jun 2, 2014
Is there anyone on the Board of Education who is forward-thinking--able to be proactive rather than reactive?

It appears that they do nothing without being pushed and prodded, rather than taking the initiative.

Matt: I have not emailed any of them to express my thoughts. To be quite frank, I'm not confident any of them care what their constituents think, based on past performance and what seems to be disinterested, dismissive attitudes.

Such Hubris!
WonderWoman

Sikeston, MO

#7 Jun 2, 2014
Are Kroupa and Brazeal buddies? I only ask because if they were friends or political allies in the past, then it would be roughly the same as the nepotism we had before.

Again, I am stressing that I am not making accusations, only asking questions. I just know that both of those names have been mentioned around Arnold politics for a while.
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#8 Jun 2, 2014
Perhaps someone will weigh in with that answer, WW. I don't know it.

I do know that these are people who begged voters to choose them for the positions they hold. They ASKED TO BE PUT THERE, and once selected-

it's been nothing but

((((crickets))))

The BoE only seems to react to pressure and scrutiny from public watchdogs and after-action criticism.

#notrocketscience
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#9 Jun 6, 2014
Who had the first post on this thread removed, which identified the Board of Education by name, position, and term?

Any ideas as to why the Board of Education would not want to be identified to the public, with information that is available on the taxpayer-funded Fox C6 website?
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#12 Jun 6, 2014
Thank you so much!

(Genuinely shocked that anyone would actually have that info removed.)

So much for 'transparency.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#13 Jun 6, 2014
Also for those interested and historical purposes, the board members in 2000 when Diane Bourisaw was ousted and Dianne Brown, Brewer, Critchlow was installed were: Cheryl Herman, Carolyn Broach, Ron Counts, Don Earl, Ronald Clark, Ronald Counts and Paul Hill.
Lucky Charms

Arnold, MO

#14 Jun 6, 2014
I was wondering where we could get that information. I didn't live here then but I was wondering who previous members were.

Ron Counts went from school board to the m ayor?

Brazeal went from city counsil to the school district?
Lucky Charms

Arnold, MO

#15 Jun 6, 2014
Did anyone see the head of the school board on the news being asked questions?

He seemed like a deer in the headlights. LOL.

His answers were pointless.
WonderWoman

United States

#16 Jun 6, 2014
Were Brazeal and Kroupa political allies?
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#17 Jun 6, 2014
Lucky Charms wrote:
I was wondering where we could get that information. I didn't live here then but I was wondering who previous members were.
Ron Counts went from school board to the m ayor?
Brazeal went from city counsil to the school district?
Ron Counts was on the school board, the ambulance board and then became mayor. John Brazeal was CFO for City of Arnold, then City Administrator, then consultant for developers of city projects, then City Administrator, then CFO for Affton School District before coming here. I would also mention that Arnold's Chief Shocky was president of the Affton Board of Education when this hire took place. There are other pertinent connections that will all come out eventually.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#18 Jun 6, 2014
WonderWoman wrote:
Were Brazeal and Kroupa political allies?
That would be a yes.
Addit

Fort Scott, KS

#19 Jun 6, 2014
Doris Borgelt wrote:
Also for those interested and historical purposes, the board members in 2000 when Diane Bourisaw was ousted and Dianne Brown, Brewer, Critchlow was installed were: Cheryl Herman, Carolyn Broach, Ron Counts, Don Earl, Ronald Clark, Ronald Counts and Paul Hill.
Wasn't Chellew Super after Bourisaw and before BrownCritchlow? I miss Chellew's leadership very much; he was out in the schools and knew your name to say hello.
WonderWoman

United States

#20 Jun 6, 2014
Doris Borgelt wrote:
<quoted text>That would be a yes.
What is the difference between appointing family members high paying jobs and appointing political allies high paying jobs? I voted for Kroupa because I was sick of cronyism.

Sam, your job isn't done. We still need you.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#21 Jun 6, 2014
How many board members and public officials have relatives, close friends or business associates that have been contracted for projects, hired or promoted in the school district in the last ten or so years? The type and amount of connections are very interesting.
apples and oranges

United States

#22 Jun 6, 2014
Kroupa is only one vote it takes more than that. how can you cry cronyism? The man is well qualified.
WonderWoman

Imperial, MO

#23 Jun 6, 2014
apples and oranges wrote:
Kroupa is only one vote it takes more than that. how can you cry cronyism? The man is well qualified.
Who else was qualified? Mr. Simpson stated on his blog that the BOE didn't publicize the position well.

http://foxc6watchdogs.blogspot.com/2014/05/Ne...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 74
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jefferson County Allows Child Abuse! (Nov '12) Sun Back Again 8
Water Tower Dental Group Jul 18 angel 8
Fox High School Superintendent (Sep '10) Jul 13 Eileen 1,509
Looking for decent home to rent,reasonable rent Jul 13 american 1
News Metro OKs long-range plan; voters to eye Prop A... (Feb '10) Jun '16 White Chick 29
iso Jun '16 oscardec1313 1
what m.c. clubs are out here? Apr '16 yeah man 2

Pacific Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pacific Mortgages