In Wake of Connecticut School Shooting, How Does the CodeRed Alert System Work?

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: Patch.com 51

In the wake of a shocking shooting at a Newtown, CT, elementary school on Friday, Dec.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anti-Gun

Jefferson City, MO

#1 Dec 14, 2012
This is just another valid argument for total and complete gun control in America, Maybe the government will get off it's ass now and do something before this becomes an everyday occurance. It has become apparent that Americans are just not capable or responsible enough to posess firearms of any type or nature.
pro gun

Branson, MO

#2 Dec 14, 2012
Let the government try to take our guns away in the Ozarks, we will see what happens!
SuZ

United States

#3 Dec 14, 2012
Anti-Gun wrote:
This is just another valid argument for total and complete gun control in America, Maybe the government will get off it's ass now and do something before this becomes an everyday occurance. It has become apparent that Americans are just not capable or responsible enough to posess firearms of any type or nature.
Gun control will work about as well as drug control has
guest

United States

#4 Dec 15, 2012
Anti-Gun wrote:
This is just another valid argument for total and complete gun control in America, Maybe the government will get off it's ass now and do something before this becomes an everyday occurance.
The problem dear heart is that the government can do nothing to take away the right to keep and bear arms.

Just because one or two crazies out of 310 million people pop up every couple of years is no reason to think everyone should give up their God-given, constitutionally protected right of self protection.
Hey Anti Gun Dude

Ozark, MO

#5 Dec 15, 2012
Hey Anti Gun Dude, you are a dumb shit just like obozo obama
Anti-Gun wrote:
This is just another valid argument for total and complete gun control in America, Maybe the government will get off it's ass now and do something before this becomes an everyday occurance. It has become apparent that Americans are just not capable or responsible enough to posess firearms of any type or nature.
someone should come and castrate your ball-less head!

before you can multiply!

this is all I got to say 'bout this dumb fu-ck-in idea!

of yours
Ryan

Arnold, MO

#6 Dec 15, 2012
Anti-Gun wrote:
This is just another valid argument for total and complete gun control in America, Maybe the government will get off it's ass now and do something before this becomes an everyday occurance. It has become apparent that Americans are just not capable or responsible enough to posess firearms of any type or nature.
I have the right to carry and I feel safe when I am on the street, What kinda anti gun control would you be talking if that monster was stoped by someone with the right to carry?

if you take the guns from the honest people you wont solve anything,you dont need a gun to harm people ANTI GUN , You want my gun you better show how you plan on taking all the bad guys guns first. then I still wont give up my gun, maybe you see now that this will never solve anything? face it anti gun this is a ugly world we live in and it's so sad.
Anti-Gun

Jefferson City, MO

#8 Dec 15, 2012
pro gun wrote:
Let the government try to take our guns away in the Ozarks, we will see what happens!
I expect if the Government wants your guns Hillbilly they will get them.
Anti-Gun

Jefferson City, MO

#9 Dec 15, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem dear heart is that the government can do nothing to take away the right to keep and bear arms.
Just because one or two crazies out of 310 million people pop up every couple of years is no reason to think everyone should give up their God-given, constitutionally protected right of self protection.
All they have to do to take away gun nuts right to bear arms is change the Constitution. I,m afraid there has been more than one or two crazies every couple of years. What if one of those children that were murdered was your child? Would that make it more personal.

“Funny lady”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#10 Dec 15, 2012
The thing about gun control is that there will always be a black market for guns and criminals will always have guns. By instituting gun control upon the law abiding citizens means we will be unable to protect ourselves from the criminal elements.

So all out gun control is not a viable option for our society.
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#11 Dec 15, 2012
Will this incident be another misguided attempt to strip people of their weapons, I highly doubt it. There needs to be something done about the mentally unstable having access to firearms and weapons of any type but the law abiding citizen should be able to do what that like to protect themselves.

The problem we have in this country are the mental cases and criminals with guns but how do you keep a criminal from obtaining a gun in the first place? They flow just as easily as cocaine in this nation.
Anti-Gun

Jefferson City, MO

#12 Dec 15, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
Will this incident be another misguided attempt to strip people of their weapons, I highly doubt it. There needs to be something done about the mentally unstable having access to firearms and weapons of any type but the law abiding citizen should be able to do what that like to protect themselves.
The problem we have in this country are the mental cases and criminals with guns but how do you keep a criminal from obtaining a gun in the first place? They flow just as easily as cocaine in this nation.
Hell go to a Gun Show sometime and look at all the crazies walking around talking jibberish to themselves Chances are they will walk out with at least one gun if not more and not one damn check is done. The seller don't give a shit how crazy they are as long as they have the cash.
Anti-Gun

Jefferson City, MO

#13 Dec 15, 2012
Hey Anti Gun Dude wrote:
Hey Anti Gun Dude, you are a dumb shit just like obozo obama
<quoted text>
someone should come and castrate your ball-less head!
before you can multiply!
this is all I got to say 'bout this dumb fu-ck-in idea!
of yours
Read this "Chuckle headed" post and attempt to make an arugument "Against" gun control. This person certainly sounds like he needs a gun.
guest

United States

#14 Dec 16, 2012
Anti-Gun wrote:
All they have to do to take away gun nuts right to bear arms is change the Constitution.
No, inalienable rights like self protection come from God, not government. The Constitution merely recognizes and secures those rights. It is not the source of them.

Amending the Constitution is a very long, arduous process. There are two methods delineated in Article 5 of the U.S. Constitution.

The first is for 2/3 of both House and Senate to vote in favor of proposing an amendment to the states for ratification. After that, 3/4 of the legislatures of each state must vote in favor of ratification.

The second method is for 2/3 of the legislatures of the states to vote in favor of calling a convention for proposing amendments, and then any such proposed amendments must be ratified by 3/4 of the legislatures of each state.

Since the Constitution was ratified in 1789, there have only been 27 Amendments, and the first 10 of those came at the same time as the Constitution itself was ratified.

The last Amendment was ratified in 1992. The one just prior to that was ratified in 1971.

It's highly unlikely that an Amendment to alter the 2nd Amendment will ever be ratified.
I,m afraid there has been more than one or two crazies every couple of years.
Many people feel exactly as you do and have chosen to arm themselves to protect against crazy people. They've decided that when seconds count and the police are only minutes away, it's better for them to have the means to defend themselves rather than being like a lamb led to the slaughter.
pizzarat

Lake Ozark, MO

#15 Dec 16, 2012
Annual U.S. gun deaths are similar to annual vehicle deaths, around 34,000 each, per the CDC, and we have a testing process to prove you are capable of driving. Even laws against operating vehicles under the influence. Common sense control measures. Not a ban on cars or alcohol, though the latter was attempted with little result other than aiding in the growth of criminal empires. The nightmare in Newton is a mental health issue, not a gun control issue. As a hammer may build, it may destroy, neither of its own free will. Total ban on new firearm sales? Okay... Care to guess how many are out there? Is the suggestion that the government disarm us? Have you read any history? In China, days before Newton, an attack was carried out in a grade school by a man with a knife. I guess the Chinese are not responsible enough to be allowed sharp objects.
Anti-Gun

Jefferson City, MO

#16 Dec 16, 2012
pizzarat wrote:
Annual U.S. gun deaths are similar to annual vehicle deaths, around 34,000 each, per the CDC, and we have a testing process to prove you are capable of driving. Even laws against operating vehicles under the influence. Common sense control measures. Not a ban on cars or alcohol, though the latter was attempted with little result other than aiding in the growth of criminal empires. The nightmare in Newton is a mental health issue, not a gun control issue. As a hammer may build, it may destroy, neither of its own free will. Total ban on new firearm sales? Okay... Care to guess how many are out there? Is the suggestion that the government disarm us? Have you read any history? In China, days before Newton, an attack was carried out in a grade school by a man with a knife. I guess the Chinese are not responsible enough to be allowed sharp objects.
Chances of getting away from a Lunatic with a knife is a hell of alot better than an automatic weapon. The answer total and complete gun control across the board.
Anti-Gun

Jefferson City, MO

#17 Dec 16, 2012
Hey Anti Gun Dude wrote:
Hey Anti Gun Dude, you are a dumb shit just like obozo obama
<quoted text>
someone should come and castrate your ball-less head!
before you can multiply!
this is all I got to say 'bout this dumb fu-ck-in idea!
of yours
School assignment of the day ;

1. List the Pros and Cons why this Chuckle Head needs a gun!
2. List the reasons why this person should possess a deadly firearm.
3. List the reasons why this person should not be allowed to secede from the Union and go to a desert island where he can talk jibberish to himself.
4. Now figure out just how many people in the United States are just like them.
guest

United States

#18 Dec 16, 2012
The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

2nd Amendment
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#19 Dec 16, 2012
Anti-Gun wrote:
<quoted text> Hell go to a Gun Show sometime and look at all the crazies walking around talking jibberish to themselves Chances are they will walk out with at least one gun if not more and not one damn check is done. The seller don't give a shit how crazy they are as long as they have the cash.
And those are the very people that need to be targeted. Whether it be a gangbanging lunatic, shell shocked vet or a goth loaner idiot like in the past few cases, THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT DO NOT NEED ACCESS TO FIREARMS!

I'm personally going to remain strapped up. There are too many Crack, Herion and Meth fiends on the loose to not be prepared to protect (NOTE THE WORD PROTECT) my family.
Control

Loveland, OH

#20 Dec 16, 2012
Keep these nut cases in place. Arm MORE people to provide a safe place to be.
pizzarat

Lake Ozark, MO

#21 Dec 16, 2012
1. Pro list: If bad guys are armed, he can defend himself and others. Hunting equals food. Target shooting is fun.
Con list: If he is properly trained, free of mental defects, free of criminal history, and makes positive decisions, there are no cons, but he did kinda come off like an ass.
2. He has a constitutional right to defend himself, as do we all, from criminals or tyranny, foreign or domestic.
3. Freedom of speech allows him to speak as he wishes, such as in this forum, just like us... Even if it is a bit assish. It's a word now. Freedom of speech, baby!
4. According to my research, a bunch. But I will take a blue collar good ol' boy with a Copenhagen smile and dirt under his nails who feels free to express himself over any reactionary, misguided, re-election seeking politician making decisions based on what he thinks people want to hear or which lobbyist lays out the most green any day.
So, A+? Or is this pass fail? Authority should be derived from the consent of the governed, not the threat of force, and you get one vote just like him. Threat of force is a bit easier with a disarmed populace, but I don't believe they will come for our guns. But if they do, or if some meth head pulls a Glock out at Starbucks, that ass may just have a .38 in his pocket, and he may step between the threat and you and take care of business. BTW, the advice to play along when robbers has sorta fallen apart recently in St. Louis. Guess the bad guys didn't get the memo. They shoot anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 6 hr luvhockey 630
Election in Ward 3 (Mar '12) 9 hr ArnoldCC 13
Flo supports Wes? 9 hr Confused 4
Fat Jefferson County Cops 9 hr GetMoving 6
Plea to Arnold Sewer Customers 14 hr Doris Borgelt 124
tea party trainwreck Sat Doris Borgelt 10
threat at SHS (Apr '11) Oct 17 Anonymous 137
Pacific Dating
Find my Match

Pacific Jobs

Pacific People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pacific News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pacific

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]