Businessman Demanding $75,000 From Arnold Over Alleged Harassment

Feb 26, 2013 Full story: Patch.com 94

An Arnold businessman who claims a councilmember has harassed him and damaged his business is threatening to sue Arnold unless the city pays him a $75,000 settlement.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Clive

Arnold, MO

#88 May 4, 2013
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicole Delp is the registered agent, not the owner. Burgio claimed to be the owner at a council meeting as reported in an article in the Leader and another on the Patch.
No. Nicole Delp is not the Registered Agent.

This name is listed as the organizer.

Burgio's name does not appear anywhere on any of the documents.

My curiosity is aroused, wondering why someone from Delaware would register a real estate investment firm in MO to operate in Arnold.

I thought it was a gold buying operation.
Dodging Detection

Arnold, MO

#89 May 5, 2013
If you look up the name Nicole Delp, you will find she is with a corporation registration firm. It is a corporation mill that churns these things out on a daily basis. Her name appears as organizer on many.
Corporation Service Company-Company Description: Corporation Service Company is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware. With over 100 years of experience and innovation, CSC offers clients corporate compliance management services, public record document and retrieval services, litigation management and registered agent services, including its Custom SOPSM (Service of Process) product suite
Dodging Detection

Arnold, MO

#90 May 5, 2013
Just look up CSC on the Missouri Secretary of State's site. You will see hundreds of companies under their name as registered agents. CSC Lawyers Incorporating Services, sometimes it is even misspelled, but it is all the same company.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#91 May 5, 2013
Lots of corporations base operations in Delaware. It's because they are friendly to corporations. That part means nothing. The person could work for a branch in Missouri of the corporation.
Clive

Arnold, MO

#92 May 6, 2013
I see.

Who can explain why the business is registered as a real estate investment firm, but is a gold buying business?
Who You Know

Arnold, MO

#93 May 7, 2013
Who can explain why the business was licensed as a gold buying business and is essentially running as a pawn shop? How much gold is in electronics, tools and antiques?
Lookie Here

United States

#94 May 7, 2013
Quite a bit actually
You Are Kidding

Arnold, MO

#95 May 7, 2013
Lookie Here wrote:
Quite a bit actually
Yeah right. If you take in a compressor as a gold buying shop and turn around and sell that same compressor to someone else, you are not extracting any precious metal out of it. If you take in a laptop and turn around and sell that laptop for more than you bought it for are you charging sales tax? No metal coming out of it. If you take in a phone and sell it for more than you paid for it, is that still considered a gold buying outfit?
Lookie Here

United States

#96 May 7, 2013
Then report them. Quit complaining on here about it.
You Are Kidding

Arnold, MO

#97 May 7, 2013
Is that an order? Too bad, things will continue to be posted until the truth is known by all.
Lookie Here

United States

#98 May 7, 2013
The best way to expose the truth is to report it. File a complaint. Me thinks you just like to talk. All talk no action. Are you not filing the complaint because it would be false and you're afraid of getting sued for filing a false complaint under the law? If not, then do something about it instead of whining on here.
Kyle

United States

#99 May 7, 2013
Who cares
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#100 Oct 9, 2013
Doris Borgelt wrote:
Now, back to reality:
This thread is about the gold buyers allegations. They were untrue! His motive for causing all the ruckus, was to keep me out of office. Seems there was a deal going on in the background. He owned some land that a large contributor to Mr. Count's campaign needed to build retirement villas at St. John's Church Rd. and Jeffco. He was also the middleman for the property located right next store that is also being used.
He opened his gold buying business and real estate business in a building that was issued an occupancy permit and a business license without having passed the same inspections any other business in Arnold would be required to pass. He was allowed to open without being ADA compliant. He violated building codes(fire code, also) by running household extension cords across his lawn to light his sign that is located too close to the front property line and blocks the view of people trying to pull out of Taco Bell. He later also opened a third business, an insurance business in the same building without obtaining a business license. His parking lot is small and has only a single driveway to enter and leave,consequently, even with No Parking signs posted, his customers illegally park on the cleaning business next door's small lot. Don't worry, there is plenty of proof. You didn't ask him to prove his allegations though, did you? This city is one big lie.
I'm wondering what will appear in The Leader tomorrow since they've been so indoctrinated NOT to ask any questions that might make the wrong people mad.
Kate

United States

#101 Oct 10, 2013
Wow that article sounds like this was all more harassment against the buiness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) 1 hr Question 957
Andy Begemann (Feb '12) 14 hr ha 3
Food Service Contract Jan 24 what's up with that 3
council Jan 24 miranda 1
Fox High School Superintendent (Sep '10) Jan 21 WDCJ 1,474
Looking for a full blooded pitbull puppy. (Sep '13) Jan 19 548897abc 13
Heroin Overdose (Apr '13) Jan 18 Boogaloo 16
Pacific Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pacific People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?