Letters: Another corporate abuse

Approving use of methyl iodide is just the most recent abysmal corporate abuse. Assemblyman Bill Monning decried this approval, stating that there is ample scientific evidence that it is unsafe and could poison our air and water. Full Story
YGBSM

Salinas, CA

#1 Dec 10, 2010
The following need to put down their crayons: Darby Moss Worth, Helen Johnson, Jill J. Roberts, and Lorna Moffat.

Morrow Whitcomb's point is well made. It's the PEOPLE's money, not the government's money.
peterpun

Pacific Grove, CA

#2 Dec 10, 2010
YGBSM wrote:
The following need to put down their crayons: Darby Moss Worth, Helen Johnson, Jill J. Roberts, and Lorna Moffat.
Morrow Whitcomb's point is well made. It's the PEOPLE's money, not the government's money.
Keep working at it, you'll get your GED pretty soon.
PGjack

Pacific Grove, CA

#3 Dec 10, 2010
Morrow Whitcomb and others who oppose taxation should also realize that none of us would have an income or security or any of the other wonderful things we enjoy if not for a well ordered society. The lives we enjoy cannot be had without government and taxation. We get far more for our taxes than the dollar value we pay. So although Whitcomb is correct that the money belongs to the people it benefits the people greatly to put their money into a common pool for the benefit of all.
whaaa

Carmel, CA

#4 Dec 10, 2010
"I was so delighted when my bud, Paul Finnegan of the museum, finally became clean shaven, and with a new haircut, too. He could have become a silver-haired, preppy catalog model instead of looking like a damn leprechaun for all those hairy years."
It's crazy-time, when the Herald prints this nonsense!(Besides, the beard looked great.)
Phill

United States

#5 Dec 10, 2010
Can we shave the trivia off the letters page as easy as Joe could shave his face? Who gives a darn, really?
MasterBlaster

Salinas, CA

#6 Dec 12, 2010
When people believe tax rates are fair, more of them pay it. Ronald Reagan understood this basic human feeling, that's why revenues to the gov went UP when tax rates came down.....and it will happen again too....the instant the class warfare crowd gets sidelined.
MasterBlaster

Salinas, CA

#7 Dec 12, 2010
Darby Worth decrys Corporatism hanging for the manufacturer of methyl iodine. How extreme. Just boycott strawberries.....after all, these growers are the ones who have been pushing to get methyl iodine approved for years....Just ask Mr. Sam Farr who has gone to the mat to protect them.
fred

United States

#8 Dec 14, 2010
there's over fifty different pesticides used on strawberries , blueberries and raspberries. Have you had yours today ?

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/DS.jsp...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacific Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min JOEL 71,295
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Pacific Grove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pacific Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pacific Grove News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pacific Grove