Joey Kyle can you support him

Posted in the Ozark Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
unk

Springfield, MO

#1 Aug 25, 2008
Can the citizens of Christian County support a candidate running for sheriff? It has been discovered Joey Kyle had a chapter 7 bankruptcy discharged in 2006 of $661,338.50.
If elected he will oversee the sheriff’s department budget of a about 4 million dollars.
On his website he has failed to list his business that failed.
With today’s economic status I have a hard time electing Joey Kyle for Sheriff and believing his Integrity, Leadership, Professionalism, Experience.
Question

United States

#2 Aug 25, 2008
I have a hard time believing that people would bash a man who started a business trying to better his life and that of his familys and in the process of getting it going got called to active duty to serve our country in Iraq. And unfortunately while in Iraq the business failed because there was no one here to manage the business. I know Joey well and know that this was a very hard time for him and his family but he put his Country first. It is a problem in the country now with so many soldiers coming home to nothing, loosing their homes, businesses and even thier families. People who would try to discredit someone who served their country in time of war I believe they are the ones that need to be looked at. There have been many people on here that have said that Joey cant be bonded and could not take the office of sheriff. This is not true I saw with my own eyes the letter from the bonding company today that said that it would not be a problem to bond Mr. Kyle. So once again another myth brought on by the people who are trying to tear down Joey. I was under the impression that after Whitehill got beat in the primary he was out of the race and it would be between Kyle and Phillips. Well from what I see this race has Jeremys fingerprints all over it. Someone is delivering packets of information about kyle and his business failure to businesses in christian county. Phillips has already talked to Kyle and apologized for the information that was getting ready to come out, and reassured Joey that he had nothing to do with it. So who else would be interested in bringing out this stuff now, I think it would be jeremy and his former campaign. The people of Christian county are the only ones that can make the decision on who the next Sheriff will be, my hope is that they will see past the efforts of a few to tear down a great law enforcement officer, soldier and American. Thats all for now.
common sense

Flagstaff, AZ

#3 Aug 25, 2008
ok lets look at the facts....Kyle misinformed the the citizens of christian county by not telling them about this in the first place...is he really so full of himself to think that someone would not recognize his finger print all over the smear campaign his people did against Whitehill....facts are facts...he only was 25% owner in the business that failed while he was off in Iraq...I don't buy that no one was hear to run it because I've seen who his partners were and they were all state side while he was going on...sounds to me like he just doesn't have good business sense and picked bad business partners....if I'm not mistaken Kyle won by about 1,000 votes....he had in the 5,000 range and Whitehill had in the 4,000 range...that means there are about 4,000 people in this county that see Joey Kyle for who he really is and don't want him as Sheriff...any of them could be behind this information getting out....wake up and give the people in this county some credit for wanting the facts before they cast a vote...this race is between Phillips and Kyle now stop trying to continue to make it about Whitehall...the only people who keep bringing Whitehills name up are the so called Kyle supporters...sounds to me like they have an unhealthy fixation with Whitehill...Kyle needs to realize he may have a good run for his money with Phillips...take a look at his push card..taking Kyle's own advice push card to push card who is the better candidate? I'm sold on Phillps and I think regardless of him being listed as an indepentant (in a mostly republican county) he should be worth a second look...Klye just looks to risky.. Kyle had no problems letting his supporters air Whitehills dirty laundry and expecting him to have to deal with the questions and comments...now it's his turn to have to answer some questions..I knew there was no way he was a "perfect" as his supporters where trying to make him look...everyone is human and make mistakes..but it doesn't mean they get a chance to do anything they want to after those mistakes are found out...
question

United States

#4 Aug 25, 2008
The business that failed while he was in Iraq was a business that he started on his own with no partners, the one you are describing in which he was 25% owner was desolved when everyone involved moved on to bigger and better things. That is the problem here you talk about things that you only have part of the information or facts and you either assume or make up the rest to make it sound good for your argument. Also the statement that Kyle misinformed the people of the county is not true either, his push card and all other information talkes about his law enforcement and military back ground. I dont usually see on peoples push cards where they list all of their failures like divorces, family issues and ect. He has never lied about this situation, the people who have asked have been told the WHOLE truth, just because you choose not to believe the truth doesnt mean that others are as misinformed as you. Believe it or not everyone that has been told about the incident dont see it as big a deal as you are trying to make it. See some people live in the real world IE one in every 183 people in southwest missouri filed for bankruptcy last quarter. All this doesnt matter to you because you dont care about the facts you are just hell bent in tearing down the man that beat your candidate.
Question

United States

#5 Aug 26, 2008
hey "common Sense" where did you get your figures because I saw the copy of the crap that is being sent to everyone and the amout you are saying was involved is off by about $200,000. Once again no facts just what ever sounds good to you.
unk

Columbia, MO

#6 Aug 26, 2008
Question wrote:
hey "common Sense" where did you get your figures because I saw the copy of the crap that is being sent to everyone and the amout you are saying was involved is off by about $200,000. Once again no facts just what ever sounds good to you.
So it was only $460,000.00???? Thanks for the correct amount.

Concerned citizen
unk

Columbia, MO

#7 Aug 26, 2008
question wrote:
The business that failed while he was in Iraq was a business that he started on his own with no partners, the one you are describing in which he was 25% owner was desolved when everyone involved moved on to bigger and better things. That is the problem here you talk about things that you only have part of the information or facts and you either assume or make up the rest to make it sound good for your argument. Also the statement that Kyle misinformed the people of the county is not true either, his push card and all other information talkes about his law enforcement and military back ground. I dont usually see on peoples push cards where they list all of their failures like divorces, family issues and ect. He has never lied about this situation, the people who have asked have been told the WHOLE truth, just because you choose not to believe the truth doesnt mean that others are as misinformed as you. Believe it or not everyone that has been told about the incident dont see it as big a deal as you are trying to make it. See some people live in the real world IE one in every 183 people in southwest missouri filed for bankruptcy last quarter. All this doesnt matter to you because you dont care about the facts you are just hell bent in tearing down the man that beat your candidate.
Just so I understand your comments. Of the 183 people who filed for Bankruptcy, how many are running for public office????

Can you tell me who were the partners who moved on to BIGGER and BETTER things????
question

United States

#8 Aug 26, 2008
hey unk like you didnt know what the amount was. You are as bad as some of the other people on this sight stirring up the bull#@$%. The point is not the amount its the fact that they knew what the amount was an put out to the people a different number, so who is misleading who on here.
sunny

Springfield, MO

#9 Aug 26, 2008
Could whoever is delivering these "packets" drop one by 417 Guns? Brent Ball is having some difficulty believing what he's hearing.
brent from nixa

United States

#10 Aug 26, 2008
Jeremy knows where I am located at have him stop by sometime.
sunny

Springfield, MO

#11 Aug 26, 2008
can't you guys wrap around your head that it's really ALL ABOUT KYLE? It's really, really not about Jeremy losing-it's about not wanting Kyle.
Common Sense

Springfield, MO

#12 Aug 27, 2008
Question, Make up facts huh? Have you seen the bankruptcy paperwork? I have and it lists two businesses dissolved by Kyle’s bankruptcy…Cast Glance filed for organization on Dec 30 2002 he was listed in court papers as 75% owner, his partner was listed as discharged in the bankruptcy. Second business was Global Protection and Security Services, Inc this company filed for organization on March 08 2004 he was listed in court papers as 25% owner, his three business partners were listed as discharged in the bankruptcy. You stated “The business that failed while he was in Iraq was a business that he started on his own with no partners, the one you are describing in which he was 25% owner was desolved when everyone involved moved on to bigger and better things.” I found this interesting because it just didn’t match with something I’d heard or read in the past, so with a little research I found my answers. I found this listed on Kyle’s web page in his bio “The Navy recruited me into the Naval Coastal Warfare Community in August of 2002. In December of 2002 I received my orders and I was deployed to Kuwait for Operation Enduring Freedom. In March of 2003, we crossed the border into Iraq at Umm Qasar. It was my first leadership role in war and it taught me a great deal on how deal with crisis situations and to lead people in adversity. Upon coming home from the war the Sheriff of Christian County at the time recruited me a s the Captain of the Patrol Division. Andi and I talked and prayed about it and decided to take the position. In September of 2003 I started my new career with Christian County however, it was not to be for long. The following year the Sheriff lost the election and the new Sheriff did not offer me a position on his staff. In August of 2005 I was hired by the Republic Police Department and resumed my Law Enforcement career serving the citizens of Republic. In May of 2006, once again my country called and I answered. I was again deployed to the Middle East for my second tour of duty. I had applied for a Direct Commission and was accepted. I deployed as a Commisioned Naval Officer. I completed my second deployment 14 months later and resumed my career at the Republic Police Department.” Now it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the FACTS in black and white. He started his first business during the first time he got his orders to Iraq. He started his second business after returning home from Iraq and starting at the Christian County Sheriffs office under Joey Matlock and his bankruptcy was discharged 03-11-2006, which was before he was called back to service per his above bio. Kyle stated in his TV interview that his business was dissolved while he was in Iraq but that’s not even what his own facts state. Seems the FACTS have discredited your statements, doesn’t that suck! The WHOLE truth you speak of is interesting...why do you think copies filed from the court would be lies? I think the courts could get into some real trouble if they didn't just stick to the facts of the bankruptcy. For the record I’m not “smearing” anyone just stating the facts I’ve seen. Kyle better wake up and understand there are people in the county that are going to do what it takes to see that the facts are put out there so everyone can make a informed choice about the next sheriff. Question I never stated any dollar amounts your thinking of unks post. But to answer your question as I said before I got the information from the bankruptcy paperwork, I guess you didn't catch that the first time I said it.
Brent from Nixa

United States

#13 Aug 27, 2008
Sunny and Common Sence, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this blog is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Brent from Nixa

United States

#14 Aug 27, 2008
Sunny and Common Sense, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this blog is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Master Chief

Willow Springs, MO

#15 Aug 27, 2008
Please stop bringing negative light on the proud women and men who have served our country. It breaks my heart to hear people using their military service to blame or excuse their poor decisions. Also I feel betrayed when I hear veterans using their service as an a platform for personal gain.
Millions have served in combat and many gave their lives. Lets remember those.
As a Navy veteran, please explain the assignment which required a Master At Arms to be involved with ground movement.
Please stop embarrassing veterans.
brent from nixa

United States

#16 Aug 27, 2008
sorry for the double post its was to good to just use it once!
brent from nixa

United States

#17 Aug 27, 2008
I know a navy guy who not to long ago moved to Colorado, is this you?
Master Chief wrote:
Please stop bringing negative light on the proud women and men who have served our country. It breaks my heart to hear people using their military service to blame or excuse their poor decisions. Also I feel betrayed when I hear veterans using their service as an a platform for personal gain.
Millions have served in combat and many gave their lives. Lets remember those.
As a Navy veteran, please explain the assignment which required a Master At Arms to be involved with ground movement.
Please stop embarrassing veterans.
sunny

Springfield, MO

#18 Aug 28, 2008
Brent you're just too dang smart for you britches! Yep, just one Master Chief in the state of Colorado.
Master Chief thank you for sharing. I'm a Navy veteran too and you pretty much nailed what is making some of us so angry about Kyle. This is just one more example of the poor judgement he continues to demonstrate.
Did you ever think you'd see one of our guys using his service for the pity vote? You lost your spending money Kyle-not your legs!!!
sunny

Springfield, MO

#19 Aug 28, 2008
All those years in the Navy and working for Springfield PD and he never received any kind of tuition reimbursement? Why would he have over 60,000.00 in student loans that he defaulted on? If he received tuition benefits from the Navy or Springfield PD why didn't he use the reimbursement to pay for his tuition?
sunny

Springfield, MO

#20 Aug 28, 2008
one more silly little thing that makes one wonder about judgement, responsibility and committment to others. his business was failing when he got back from Iraq after 7 months so he sank everything he had into the business and lost his house. would the average husband and father leverage the family's home to pursue a failing business? now he says that if the Navy calls him back to active duty he will resign his commission?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Luna Lifetime Judge (May '15) 11 hr Citizen against Luna 19
News Auditor Galloway issues follow-up report after ... Sep 14 Poo starter 8
Historical Zoning Aug 28 DAVID 2
Nixa Public Schools Aug '17 Anonymous 1
16 year old - Police Tasered 19 times !!! (Dec '09) Aug '17 Flaccid Malarky 42
Sparta water rates (Sep '10) Aug '17 Jane Rhoads 140
access to lindenlure swimming hole (Dec '11) Aug '17 sarcastic c_nt 25

Ozark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance