Husband is charged for wife's murder

Husband is charged for wife's murder

There are 164 comments on the KYTV Springfield story from Nov 28, 2006, titled Husband is charged for wife's murder. In it, KYTV Springfield reports that:

The husband of a woman shot in the head on Sunday afternoon is accused of murdering her.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KYTV Springfield.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
concerned friend

Mansfield, LA

#1 Nov 29, 2006
Jay White had another lady pregnant at the same time Candice was pregnant.He was seen pointing a gun at the female in Tallulah,La and threatening to kill her. He became obsessed with guns early in life; his grandfather's nickname was James " DOC " White. Laura Martin ,Jay's neice reported this week that Jay had a severe problem with controlling his anger.
Adding insult to injury, Candice's landlord refused to allow Candice's mother to have her unborn's child's recieving gown for the funeral,or
any of her personal belongings. The neighbors were appalled at the landlord's decision. Friends and local neighbors placed cards and flowers at the residence.
MYOB concerned friend

United States

#2 Dec 13, 2006
people should not comment when they have no idea what they are talking about. im sure that you are a christian church member yourself on here telling lies and rumors. get a life or something better to do. FYI laura is jays cousin not neice nimwit.
Ugly inferences

United States

#3 Dec 19, 2006
James E.(DOCK, NOT DOC) White received his nick-name because he had a pony named Dock when he was a little boy. When people saw him with his pony they would say, There comes Dock. The nick-name stuck and he was called Dock from then on.
Dock White was one of the finest men this world ever knew; he passed away in 1992. It's pretty sad that Concerned friend would try to besmirch his reputation when his heart would be broken over his families tragedy. Neither Jay nor Dock was obsessed with guns.
Jay White was and is an extremely loving and good person. Those who know him know that this tragedy was what he said, an accident. I would suggest that a truly concerned friend would be praying for all those affected by this terrible tragedy, not trying to cause more pain.
madee in tn

AOL

#4 Mar 16, 2007
What is happening with this case? I have attempted to follow developments by coming to this forum........Did Jay White enter a plea? Was there a change of venue? I can't imagine a more loving family than that of Jay's grandparents in Ky. I grew up down the highway from his dad and my heart goes out to them. The White family were (are) generous, loving and civic minded members of that small community. It is doing them an injustice to imply that there was any sort of "obsession" with guns.......in that part of Ky. hunting is a past time for both men and women alike. Disregarding the law concerning felons possessing firearms was a tragic, fateful choice Jay White made.
Jessica in Mississippi

Jackson, MS

#5 Mar 27, 2007
It is truely a tragedy that could have been prevented in many ways. How can anyone say that it was an accident? He didn't accidently have a gun or accidently aim it at his wife and pull the trigger. Regardless of what happens to Jay White... Candice and her unborn little girl are gone and will forever be missed by all that knew her. She will not have the chance to see her daughter or her son grow up and get married and have a family. Jay White did take that away from Candy, Jaycee, and Braxton. And for that he should be punished.
Rest in Peace Candy and Jaycee.
madee in tn

AOL

#7 Apr 14, 2007
AJS wrote:
<quoted text>Unbelievable!!!!! No words for this horrid man.
The post you are responding to includes information that may not be right on. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that Jay White shot and killed his wife. He admitted that. But he comes from a family many of us have always known to be honest, loving and Christian. It is difficult to let remarks about his grandfather or his family pass, without sticking up for them. I can't see him as being a 'horrid' man, just a man who made a decision to keep a gun, despite it being against the law. The consequences from that decision ended the lives of two people and brought tragedy and heartache to his family and friends and robbed his son of both parents. I know he will have to pay the consequences of his actions and will have to live and die with what he did. Only he and God know what his intentions towards Candace were.
madee in tn

AOL

#9 Apr 15, 2007
AJS wrote:
<quoted text>Okay,......being christian is not an asset of any kind in my eyes. I was molested by a preachers son when I was 10 years old. Don't preach to me.
AJS, I don't mean to preach to you and I am sorry you were molested when you were ten years old by a preachers son. I have good memories of the White family, from when I was growing up, long, long before Jay White was even born. It bothers me when I think they are being held responsible in some way for a decision, he as an adult, made. His father and grandparents and greatgrandparents are/were very loving and generous people. Maybe you meant the landlord was a horrid, horrid man for not allowing family members access to the house. He may have only done so because what happened there was under investigation. Anyway, again, I am sorry I came across as preaching. I only meant it is difficult now to know what his intentions were. He will have to answer for every secret thing, as will others like the preachers son from your childhood.
An old friend

United States

#10 May 8, 2007
Can anyone tell me where I could write to Jay at? I know nothing about the circumstances & haven't talked to him in years, but I'd like to at least tell him he and his family are in my prayers.
Jessica in Mississippi

Jackson, MS

#11 May 11, 2007
I don't believe that anyone is blaming Jay White's family for his poor judgement. However, he does not deserve sympathy just because he came from a good Christian family. Anyone that takes the life of someone else should pay the price in the eyes of the law and will most defintely pay the price, one day, in the eyes of the Lord. If anyone wants to pray for Jay, they should pray that maybe the Lord will have some mercy on his soul.
sister of candice

Mansfield, LA

#12 Jun 14, 2007
first of all let me start by saying thank you jessica. as for those of you praying for the white family. let me say something to all of you christians. you know instead of praying for them you need to pray for my nephew. he is the one who lost the most. he is the one that needs prayed for. he lost not only his mom he lost is dad and the sister he new was to come. pray for my step mom- and her father who lost the only child they had. as for if he meant to do it or not. lets all wait until trail to see if he did it or not- the only thing that isnt a lie is eviedence. as far as the land lord. i was there. the house want under investigation anymore when we went to get her stuff. the landlord gave us a hard time and took us to court over the belongings. we got only what was important to braxton and my what was important for my mom to have. but you no matter what we got or didnt get- the one thing we will NEVER get back is my sister or my niece. i dont care what his family was or about their religion- all i can say the same people from ky want the same ones in la. the way a person is when he is a child doesnt mean that he will grow up the same way. my family is suffering enough. and will for the rest of our lives. you know while yall are telling about jays family- let me tell you about my sister. she was was georgous, she had the prettiest smile, she had a laugh that would make you laugh, she was the girl that everyone loved and those who didnt was jealous. she had the best personality anyone could ever have. she had a relationship with her mom that was the tightest i ever seen. she was a wonderful mother and the bestest friend anyone could asked for.she was smart, she had courage and guts to do anthting. she was something special to me. she was my sister my friend. we fought just like sisters do, but you know no matter what she always had my back. she was everything you could ask for or ever wont to be. pray for the whites. like i said though- lets see after the trial if jay white walks for taking my sister and my niece. when trial is over ill come back on here and see what all you got to say then. mean while ill be praying for my family especially my nepehew-when i close my eyes at night ill thank god for evey minute i ever had with my sister.
Jessica in Mississippi

Jackson, MS

#13 Jun 14, 2007
Amen, Lisa. I pray every night for you all, especially Braxton. God Bless.
madee in tn

AOL

#14 Jun 19, 2007
Lisa, you and your family, and all of Candace's friends and loved ones have my deepest sympathy. In 'sticking up' for Dock White and rebuffing any 'obsession with guns' the family had, I have offended you. Anytime I remember my old childhood playmate in prayer I also remember your sister, her baby and Braxton and your family, who now must raise him in the face of such loss and sadness. I am very sorry for any additional sorrow or upset my posts to this forum may have caused you.
sister of candice

Mansfield, LA

#16 Jul 19, 2007
check out-www.christiancountyheadliners.com !!!
jay white pleads guilty for gun charge. "white will serve no more than ten years in prision and pay no more than a $250,000. fine for his guilty plea on the weapons charge. CHECK IT OUT.
LACY

Bossier City, LA

#17 Jul 19, 2007
I CAN TELL YOU WHAT HIS INTENTIONS WERE FOR CANDI! HE MURDERED HIS WIFE AND TOOK A MOTHER FROM HIS OWN CHILD. NOW WE ALL KNOW JAY WHITE AND WE ALL KNOW HE AINT NO SAINT AND IM NOT SAYING ANY OF US ARE AND WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE ANYONE. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU PEOPLE CAN SIT HERE AND MAKE IT SEEM LIKE IT WAS AN ACCIDENT OR HE DIDNT FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT IT WAS HE WAS DOING. HE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING AND THE CONSEQUENCES HE WAS GOING TO FACE FOR DOING. DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THAT HE IS GOING TO WALK FOR THIS. I THINK NOT AND IF HE DOES MAY GOD ALMIGHTY HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL!
April

Bossier City, LA

#18 Jul 19, 2007
This is just appauling. How could anyone say that Jay White is a good Christian man!! That is just hilarious!! Do you soo good honesy Christian men with a criminal record the length of his!! I think not! He may have teh "jailhouse religion" where he is using God to make his pleas and cries look good but in all what he did was take a beautiful wonderful woman and her unborn baby girl away forever!! If anything I would categorize him as a demon or a evil soul!! He did not act on impulse, he act on premeditated hatred!!! He is a truly sick man!! Having a fetish or obsession for guns gives NO reasoning for anyone to shoot his wife who he supposedly loved with all his heart in cold blood. That is absolutely ridiculous for anyone to make a comment like that or even to make excuses for his behavior. When this first occurred I wish death upon this man but not to the point of acting on this. There are several or many others that wished that the courts would give him death but now I wish for him to live the rest of the life he was given suffering daily for all that he has done!!! I hope that he has to spend the rest of his life behind bars getting abused by the men in there with him. He has no right to live a happy little life. He is a sick and tormented man who will pay for what he has done. I hope he has to pay for it every last day of his life until he draws his last breath and spends an eternity in the depths of hell!!! He had no intentions that night of defending himself against Candi!! He had spent their entire relationship inferring that if he didn't have her that no one would have her. With that stated he did exactly that as well as killing that precious baby girl who had harmed no one but could have brought joy to many!!! Candi was one of teh greatest people I ever met! She was kind, generous, loving and fun-loving!! She was a wonderful mother and friend!! She is greatly missed. As a friend of her and her family I witnessed how her life changed after she became involved with Jay. She loved him with all of her heart but yet he never could give the same. He ws constantly having other women and being abusive to Candi but her love for him never faultered. She had to have feared for her safety as well as the safety of her child. Braxton is the person that everyone needs to pray for!! He is the one with the greatest loss!!! God love his soul!!!!
LACY

Bossier City, LA

#19 Jul 19, 2007
An old friend wrote:
Can anyone tell me where I could write to Jay at? I know nothing about the circumstances & haven't talked to him in years, but I'd like to at least tell him he and his family are in my prayers.
TRY PRISON!!!!!
sister of candice

Mansfield, LA

#20 Jul 20, 2007
i love you girls!!!!! thank yall for the love and support. to my sissy- i love you and i miss you.
Red

Flagstaff, AZ

#21 Jul 22, 2007
Fact of the matter is, none of us were there that night. Regardless of what we know of this guy, either past or present...or even what we've been told, none of us were there. I think I will wait and see what the investigation shows and proves. I quit taking a man's word over things like this long ago.

And I don't know this family but all my thoughts go to Braxton at this point. He's the little man still here who is now forced to grow up way way too soon. He's gotta grow up fast in order to deal with this and try to understand it. If anyone out there is still going to be an active part of his life, please be strong for him and be a positive role model for him.
April

Baton Rouge, LA

#22 Jul 23, 2007
Roy, you are correct but I have major issues with the individuals that try to address this man as a saint! It totally infuriates me. I knew Candi from a child. We had been friends for years and years. It also infuriates me for others to describe her as near vicious and attacking. She was the most kind hearted person that I have ever known! She had a great love for others as well as her child and husband! I know that the person that should be everyone's concern in Braxton! He is the dear heart that has lost both parents and will have to live with the fact that his father is the one that took his mother's life! I have teh deepest sympathy for this child! When you look into his eyes it is like you are looking into Candi's! She and he both have the eyes that you can see into their souls!!! God Bless this Child!!!!
John

Murfreesboro, TN

#23 Jul 24, 2007
Everyone here is overlooking one simple fact: christian or innocent, sinner or guilty, one fact remains the same----A convicted felon should NOT HAVE A GUN IN HIS HOUSE! Accident or homicide it will always lead to the same conclusion. No matter how sad this may sound, one thing resonates from the Old West and still applies today: "You ride with a outlaw, you die with a outlaw".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sparta water rates (Sep '10) Tue PRETTY SAD 137
How to get something off topix lies!! Tue Paladin 2
Attorney Joanna Billingsley (Oct '11) Mar 20 Beyondtiredofher 33
Review: Best Friends Animal Hospital - Jack Ger... (Feb '09) Mar 18 Long time customer 96
Sparta Town & Country Food Mar 18 Large Trojan 2
City of rogersville Mar 10 Taxpayers 3
Virginia Thrill posting Little House of Lies. N... (Feb '15) Mar 3 Jerrica 12

Ozark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ozark Mortgages