Shut up

United States

#21 Feb 2, 2010
From Ozark, you're an idiot. Shut up. You don't even know who the police chief is or his background. Why don't you tell everybody about you trying to become an officer and your lack of credentials for the job. Wacko.
searching

Prairie Grove, AR

#22 Dec 3, 2010
Jerry Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Controversial...you got that right! I do not know just how far back your research extends, but Buff married into the family back when I was a small boy. Growing up and becomming an an LEO myself, on visits to Ozark I'd rode with him on several occasion. So I came to know how from both perspectives.
Uncertain as to what specific historical facts you are searching for, that which I could provide would probably best not be revealed in an open forum. Relatives still live in Ozark which may cause some dissention should I do so. I will say this, notwithstanding, Buff had a good side also. He led an interesting life in various venues from rodeo performer to pipeline construction.
Do you know anything from the Carol Blades days?

Since: Nov 09

United States

#23 Dec 4, 2010
Have you read the book about her?
Searching

Prairie Grove, AR

#24 Dec 4, 2010
Yes I have she was my sister n law. That is why I am curious as to anything that anyone can tell me.

Since: Nov 09

United States

#25 Dec 5, 2010
Searching wrote:
Yes I have she was my sister n law. That is why I am curious as to anything that anyone can tell me.
I'd be willing to tell you what little I know, but not here (too public). If you have an email or something, I'd email you.
Searching

Prairie Grove, AR

#26 Dec 5, 2010
Fastgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be willing to tell you what little I know, but not here (too public). If you have an email or something, I'd email you.
[email protected]
Thank YOU
BobRocks

United States

#27 Apr 15, 2011
Buff Lamb, when Iron men carried wooden sticks!
reader

United States

#28 Apr 15, 2011
I've allways heard about Buff,his last wife lived next-door to me in 85 in Ozark,she had a little cafe on top of the hill in ozark,back then.All the kids my age (who are now in their 50ties,haha)had grown up with Buff being the law,and I always heard about the flashlight.A guy named Larry Simmons and a friend wrote a really good song about him,it would be good if they would record it for you-tube or something.Today I bought Christian County historian Wayne Glenn's latest book"Christian County History A to Z".(they have those at the library)It has 3 pictures of Buff,one from 59 ,one from 65 ,and one from 76.I had just looked at that when I saw this posting.
buff fan

Ozark, MO

#29 Oct 3, 2011
He was a great guy and a good friend.
Kyle Gold

Nixa, MO

#30 Nov 23, 2011
My grandfather Raymond Gold was a deputy under Buff Lamb. My dad told me stories about how Buff would take his flashlight to anybody who was breaking the law. Except people with drugs or alcohol. My dad also told me that when Buff would take the beer from the kids he would hold a grage sale and sell off the taken alcohol etc. (Not drugs)
Not a Fan

Kirbyville, MO

#31 Nov 28, 2011
Kyle Gold wrote:
My grandfather Raymond Gold was a deputy under Buff Lamb. My dad told me stories about how Buff would take his flashlight to anybody who was breaking the law. Except people with drugs or alcohol. My dad also told me that when Buff would take the beer from the kids he would hold a grage sale and sell off the taken alcohol etc.(Not drugs)
He would give the drugs to his son to sell
moknobber

Nixa, MO

#32 Dec 2, 2011
We could use him back now.
Insight

Reeds Spring, MO

#33 Dec 2, 2011
I am friends with several former officers that served under Buff Lamb. I have done some study of Buff and my father has had dealings with Buff. I have spoke with Buffs wife and she is very nice. Guess you could say I am kind of a fan. To me; If things would go back to the ways of Buff and the way he appraoched situations, then more people would respect the laws and fear the consequencs of their actions. Now and days people get caught, they go to jail for few hours, get out, have a court date, go to court and then get a smile and slap on the wrist for their actions, even when they are 3rd time offenders. Anyway due to not wanting to put myself out there I will not posta contact, however, if you have one other than here and would maybe like to speak with some of the former officers, I may be able to set that up.
ex ozarker

United States

#34 Dec 18, 2011
Buff Lamb was a coward! As a former resident who's grandfather worked for him I have no respect for him or what he really stood for. My father was harrassed by Buff and dragged out of his car by his hair because he was driving a car that looked like one speeding through ozark. My Dad was on his way home from work where he had been all night. After pulling my father out of the car and preparing to start "enforcing the law" he realized that he was fixing to beat one of his deputies sons. He liked to pick on people smaller than him or weaker unless he had the upper hand. So many people in a different post are complaining about how the ozark police have taseeed a boy 19 times. Well I have news for you This would have been typical practice for Buff. He was a bully and very crooked in many other ways! I am sorry if I offended anyone but let's call a spade a spade.
Clever

Poplar Bluff, MO

#35 Jan 16, 2012
In my opinion Clay Hodge was the best Sheriff in the history of Christian County. He was fair and even handed. Most of Clay's elections were overwhelmingly lopsided. If 80 people in the county voted against him he was truly disturbed and wondered what he had done to offend them. Good man. Good Sheriff.
Tom

Fayetteville, AR

#36 Apr 25, 2012
Fastgun wrote:
I've done some research on the Legendary Christian County Sheriff. I plan to mention him in my next book. I'd like to hear more about him. Anyone out there have any opinions or experiences they can share?
I worked for him in 1983 as a dispatcher. If he liked you , you could not find a better friend or ally , but if you got on his bad side , then as the old saying goes, "Katie bar the door". Although his method of law enforcement at times may seem extreme in todays standard , you need to remember that the closest backup may be 40 or more miles away and then if they didn't know the back roads , it would be sometime before they arrived . So you had to be , as we sometimes said in Nam , Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death , I shall fear no evil , for I am the meanest mother in the whole f*%)ing valley.
Visitor

United States

#37 Apr 26, 2012
Thank you,veteran,heard friends say this years ago,I'm not old enough to have went,but many of my friend went,some of them still paying the price.
help

Kansas City, KS

#38 Dec 12, 2012
Fastgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a distant relative. Can you email me with what you know. [email protected]
ashley

Atlanta, GA

#39 Apr 10, 2013
Jerry Lee wrote:
Ooooops, should have proof-read my posting. Change the '...know how' to read....know him.'

BUFF LAMB was a very evil man.when i was a teenager i watch him beat the crap (litterally) out of 3 little boys maybe 12? and that "FAMOUS FLASHLIGHT" you may hear it about is not a rumor. he beat those little boys with it. he just kept hitting them and hitting them and hitting them. he was friends with alot of rich people too. i have always believed he help hide alot of his friends murders. but of course whos going to admit something like that? people that say he was a ok guy or "got the job done" thats bc they never seen anything with there own eyes like i did!!!
Mark Gash

Higginsville, MO

#40 Jul 25, 2013
Fastgun wrote:
<quoted text>
That was very interesting & I will probably use that story. My book is not about "Buff Lamb" however I do devote a chapter to and about him. I was a police officer in a nearby small town & county (Webster) back then and am writing about my experiences as a "Small Town" cop in the early 1980's. I have already written & published one book. If you want your name attached to this story, I'll give you a place where you can email me. Thanks for the response.
I knew George Scobee and Buff Lamb as i know lots of these lawmen in that area. George sCOBEE WAS A FINE MAN ,I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN A'LOT OF STUFF WITH BOTH..I WOULDN'T PUT THE THINGS I KNOW ON A PUBLIC FORUM .i KNEW bUFF FROM 1973 TILL , JUST BEFORE HIS DEATH, I KNEW HIM FROM CLANDESTINE OPERATIONS IN THOSE COUNTIES..STONE,CHRISTIAN,BARR Y,hENREY ST CLAIR..AND GREEN.lAWRENCE AND TANEY..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
patricks family restaurant (May '15) Nov 20 support nixa busi... 5
Missouri Marijuana Legalization Movement Nov 17 Extraordinary 1
Sparta school salaries Nov 15 Looking out 1
Misty champagne and meth (Apr '16) Nov 6 skylark 15
News Drug court's success pleases circuit judge (Aug '06) Nov 2 Whoppee Doopee 26
News Principal going to Logan-Rogersville (May '09) Nov 2 Disappointed 3
Why the smell??? (May '11) Oct '17 brad rozell 10

Ozark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ozark Mortgages