Elise Crain was ROBBED of the Ozark c...

Elise Crain was ROBBED of the Ozark citizen award Saturday night

Posted in the Ozark Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WeNeedProvenLead ership

Branson, MO

#1 Feb 24, 2013
Future mayor to be of Ozark Elise Crain should have received the Ozark award for citizen of the year at the chamber of commerce dinner Saturday night. She has done so much more for the city as a volunteer for all these years than someone who is paid by the school system just to put together lunches for students under the disguise of a "non profit" organization. It's obvious the chamber and the schools and the city morons got their way and kept our soon Mayor Crain from getting any credit for all the volunteer work she does. We need Proven Leadership in Ozark and wonderful Elise does that. Vote for M. Elise Crain for Mayor.
Sam

Lenexa, KS

#2 Feb 24, 2013
You must not be very involved in Ozark to think Elise should have gotten that award instead of Michelle or anyone else. She wasn't robbed of it as she did win it a couple years ago. I know it would have been very convenient for her to have won it this year but not fair to the others on that list that were more deserving this year. I think at one time Elise did a lot for the town of Ozark but until she was talked into running for Mayor I never her even saw her at most functions. You also forgot to mention the Community Foundation in your list of people who "got their way" as they have a bigger part in who actually wins that award. Those are all of Elise's friends so they must have failed too. I have nothing against Elise although I will be voting for Shane I just think that it is a disgrace to discount the fact that Michelle won. Like I said Elise won a couple years ago and that was her time and now it is someone else's. Let her enjoy the spotlight!

P.S. Our city is in so much better shape since Shane took office. The finances are better. Tough decisions have had to be made, even if they weren't popular and it feels good to have a professional, educated person in this office.
WeNeedProvenLead ership

Branson, MO

#3 Feb 24, 2013
Sam wrote:
You must not be very involved in Ozark to think Elise should have gotten that award instead of Michelle or anyone else. She wasn't robbed of it as she did win it a couple years ago. I know it would have been very convenient for her to have won it this year but not fair to the others on that list that were more deserving this year. I think at one time Elise did a lot for the town of Ozark but until she was talked into running for Mayor I never her even saw her at most functions. You also forgot to mention the Community Foundation in your list of people who "got their way" as they have a bigger part in who actually wins that award. Those are all of Elise's friends so they must have failed too. I have nothing against Elise although I will be voting for Shane I just think that it is a disgrace to discount the fact that Michelle won. Like I said Elise won a couple years ago and that was her time and now it is someone else's. Let her enjoy the spotlight!
P.S. Our city is in so much better shape since Shane took office. The finances are better. Tough decisions have had to be made, even if they weren't popular and it feels good to have a professional, educated person in this office.
Sam Elise should be given a chance to continue getting Ozark in better shape and make the finances better. Everybody loves Elise and she will be able to getso many things done with her sweetness and not being tough. Plus her father was a professional and very educated. Its time for Proven Leadership. Vote for M. Elise Crain for Ozark Mayor.
YouPoorMisguided Soul

Branson, MO

#4 Feb 24, 2013
WeNeedProvenLeadership wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody loves Elise and she will be able to getso many things done with her sweetness and not being tough. Plus her father was a professional and very educated. Its time for Proven Leadership. Vote for M. Elise Crain for Ozark Mayor.
Just because somebody's sweet and has an educated parent doesn't necessarily make them a good candidate for elected office. My grandma is the nicest lady I've ever known and is the daughter of a surgeon, but I wouldn't even vote for her to be the mayor of Farmville, let alone Ozark. Shane Nelson has brought the City of Ozark light years ahead financially, professionally and cohesively in just two short years. The way I see it, he's only just begun and the best is yet to come with him in charge.
just saying

Hollister, MO

#5 Feb 24, 2013
She has an especially good friend in the courthouse who would love to have a mayor that does not fight for the road district funds.So I would like to know where she stands on that sales tax issue.
WeNeedProvenLead ership

Branson, MO

#6 Feb 24, 2013
just saying wrote:
She has an especially good friend in the courthouse who would love to have a mayor that does not fight for the road district funds.So I would like to know where she stands on that sales tax issue.
Future Mayor Eluse Crain believes that county issues ought to be handled by the wise qualified elected Commissioners that Christian county voters put in office so that she can spend her time running the city and attending comunity events. County taxes should not be a city mayors's concern. It's time for Proven Leadership. Vote for M. Elise Crain for Mayor of Ozark.
Sam

Lenexa, KS

#7 Feb 24, 2013
Wow, yes I think I just changed my mind to vote for dear Elise because she is a sweet old lady and her daddy was professional and educated. Are you kidding me? We need someone in there who is smart, tough and willing to fight for Ozark. The city and county go hand in hand and I am personally glad our current mayor stood up for the city as far as the roads are concerned. You know as well as I that just because the elected official says so doesn't mean it always is so and obviously Shane didn't agree with the way that the road tax issue was handled and I trust that he did what was best by the city. If everyone is always happy, he isn't doing his job. Tough decisions have to be made and unfortunately being sweet just doesn't cut it when running a city. You are admitting that Shane has gotten the city in better shape and even the finances are better so why the need for change? Let him continue to do the good job that he has started.
YouPoorMisguided Soul

Branson, MO

#8 Feb 24, 2013
This reminds me of that episode of the Andy Griffith Show where Aunt Bee decided to run for a city position because her close friends talked her into it. Once Aunt Bee realized during the campaign that she was in over her head when it came to city issues, she gracefully bowed out. At least she had the sense to do what was right for Mayberry...it doesn't look like the same is going to happen in Ozark.
just saying

Hollister, MO

#9 Feb 25, 2013
The "wise elected commissioners",if you brown-nose any further there's no telling where you'll come out.So of course ,if elected,Mrs Crain will not challenge the commission with legal remedies for the sales tax the voters voted for ,twice.And the cart funds,which can legally be used on anything,including bridges.So it's very clear what she stands for.The first thing a politician needs is principles,and unmovably stand for the people.
WeNeedProvenLead ership

Branson, MO

#10 Feb 25, 2013
just saying wrote:
The "wise elected commissioners",if you brown-nose any further there's no telling where you'll come out.So of course ,if elected,Mrs Crain will not challenge the commission with legal remedies for the sales tax the voters voted for ,twice.And the cart funds,which can legally be used on anything,including bridges.So it's very clear what she stands for.The first thing a politician needs is principles,and unmovably stand for the people.
The future mayor of Ozark Elise Crain is a native community citizen and has lived in Ozark all her life. She knows everybody and they know and love Elise. She is a wonderful person. That goes back to my first point that she was CHEATED and ROBBED of the citizen of the year award and lost out to someone who nobody knows and works for the school making sandwichs and goody bags for students and says its for a good cause when all the money is going to a movie stars family. Elise has been in the rotary club long enough to make thousands of goofy bags and not ask for a single nickle from the community to do it. She is a real star and her sweet face is the one everybody wants to see running our beautiful city. We need Proven Leadership. Vote for M. Elise Crain for Mayor of Ozark.
Sam

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Feb 25, 2013
Like I said before, she won a couple years ago so why are you so adamant that she should have won again. There are many people that do great things for our community so even if Michelle hadn't won there are many others that could have. Obviously because this is an election year it would have been nice for her to have won to get her name out there more as far as you are concerned right? As far as Care to Learn if it is really thought that the money goes to "a movie stars family" then she was right in the middle of it at the last fundraiser. As far as Rotary, I was in for sevral years until about 4 years ago and I never saw her there? I went every week and always helped with the extra activities we did. I do agree with you that Elise is a sweet lady however, that doesn't make her a good candidate. I am sure she is just as wonderful as you say but still that doesn't make her a good candidate. I believe the city is on the right track and no change is needed. As far as proven leadership I think Shane does that every day.
InTheKnow

Sparta, MO

#12 Feb 25, 2013
Let's call a spade a spade here. Elise Crain is a very nice lady. She is also the pawn of a crowd of clueless clowns who would keep Ozark in the Dark Ages. She doesn't have a clue as to what she's in for if she wins. She will be mayor in name only and will only be a puppet of a certain former mayor who doesn't have the guts to run against Shane himself. That's the cold, hard truth.
WeNeedPeopleWith Facts

Willow Springs, MO

#13 Feb 25, 2013
It's obvious the chamber and the schools and the city morons got their way and kept our soon Mayor Crain from getting any credit for all the volunteer work she does.
The Finley River Community Foundation members decide who the citizen of the year is. Elise is a member of the FRCF and Michelle is not. If Elise and the FRCF felt Michelle deserved this award, who are you to disagree?
Elise has shown a lot of support for the Care To Learn organization. You imply anyone involved in Care To Learn is stupid.
just saying

Branson, MO

#14 Feb 25, 2013
she sounds like a very active ,charitable lady but that doesn't qualify (or disqualify)her to be the mayor.
Amusedlocal

Ozark, MO

#15 Feb 25, 2013
With supporters like weneedprovenleadership, Elise doesn't have a chance. Thank you for helping Shane continue his successfull leadership of our humble city.
Amusedlocal

Ozark, MO

#16 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
The future mayor of Ozark Elise Crain is a native community citizen and has lived in Ozark all her life. She knows everybody and they know and love Elise. She is a wonderful person. That goes back to my first point that she was CHEATED and ROBBED of the citizen of the year award and lost out to someone who nobody knows and works for the school making sandwichs and goody bags for students and says its for a good cause when all the money is going to a movie stars family. Elise has been in the rotary club long enough to make thousands of goofy bags and not ask for a single nickle from the community to do it. She is a real star and her sweet face is the one everybody wants to see running our beautiful city. We need Proven Leadership. Vote for M. Elise Crain for Mayor of Ozark.
Btw, not everyone that knows Elise loves her. She means well, but that doesn't make her competent. Please do not continue to imply you represent everyone. Be honest that you love her and some of her friends love her, but you do not speak for me. At least half the people in Ozark were not born here. Her old time connections only show she is part of the minority population of Ozark natives and has no idea how to represent the people who live here now. Ozark doesn't need another elected official that is more concerned with friends in office than what is best for Ozark going forward.
WeNeedProvenLead ership

United States

#17 Feb 27, 2013
When you go and vote in April remember that

Elise Crain is a Ozark High School Graduate
Our mayor never will be

Elise Crain is a Drury University Graduate
Our mayor never will be

Elise Crain is a Foundling Member of Care to Learn -Ozark
Our mayor never will be

Elise Crain is one of Springfield Business Journal's Most Influential Women
Our mayor never will be

Elise Crain has a Career in Commerical Construction Management
Our mayor never will be

Elise Crain is a Foundling Member Finley River Community Foundation
Our mayor never will be

Eluse Crain is a Member of DREAM initiative
Our mayor never will be

Eluse Crain was a Former Alderman
Our mayor never will be

Elise Crain received Missouri Women's Council Award of Distinction
Our mayor never will

Elise Crain received 2011 Ozark Citizen of the year Award
Our mayor never will

It's time for PROVEN LEADERSHIP. Votet for M. Elise Crain for Ozark Mayor!
Sam

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Feb 28, 2013
Well you are obviously really struggling here. Two oof these our Mayor couldn't ever do since HE is male. So she went to Drury? He could go somewhere else or he could even go to Drury so not real sure why that matters. I understand she was an alderman but he is the Mayor so I think that trumps that one. He is young so he could still be honored with a couple of these. Let's remember she has about 25 years on our Mayor. As far as her career in Construction Management and saying he wont ever do that.....well maybe not. They chose different careers so that's pretty obvious. Like I said though, our Mayor is a lot younger so he could still go in to Const. Mgmt. if he desired. Elise is a founding member of some of these groups.......that's great! Shane has obviously taken on his own role with Care to Learn and has been very successful with it hence the P&P dinner a few weeks ago that he and Todd put together. As for the FRCF, for the third time Elise is much older and Shane was probably about 32-35 yo at that time. I agree that Elise has done some great things but I think you are nieve in stating Shane couldn't win some of these accolades as well as really grasping when because of his MALE status can't. We also need to consider the health of our future Mayor and while I am sure that Shane is healthy as can be, I am not so sure about Elise. Wasn't she just in the hospital a few weeks ago? I was thinking I heard it was her heart but correct me if wrong. We need a Mayor that can continue to be there for our city. Shane Nelson is still the right choice.
Brooke

United States

#19 Feb 28, 2013
So in one post weneedproven... states that care to learn is a waste of time/money etc. then the next post gives Elise credit for starting it. If it is such a horrible program (which it's not. It's a great program) then I'm not sure we want a mayore who spends time coming up with bad ideas.
WeNeedProvenLead ership

United States

#20 Mar 3, 2013
Every place that future Mayor of Ozark Elise Crain goes she attracts lots of people around her just because Elise loves everybody and everybody loves Elise. She has so many historical stories from years back to tell about her native home Ozark and tells them like a wise lady who cares for everybody that listens. When she is Mayor she will be able to let her memories and experiences from the past lead Ozark to a future everybody will remember. Mayor Elise Crain won't just be the Mayor of Ozark but she'll also be a wonderful Mother of Ozark too that everybody can sit down with and talk to and open up to. There is no body like Elise that will be a real Mayor and a Mother at the same time. We need Proven Leadership. Vote for M. Elise Crain for Mayor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police chief still paid? Wed Mag 3
dave Aug 18 ysai 1
Sarah Baluzy Aug 17 Tim h 2
Frenchie out no bond Aug 14 Omg 8
Third Street Aug 6 Gene 6
Don and lacy Aug 6 Thug 4
Crosswood Apartments (Jan '13) Aug 6 Billy 6

Ozark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance