High School Teacher
MrsTrish

Willow Springs, MO

#1 Jul 31, 2012
So Ronnie White, who is part of the teachers who teach ROTC at the Ozark High School is also running his office.

He posted two very anti*gay articles yesterday. Now, I don't care that he is a homophobe. That's his business. I am so very glad that I talked my incoming freshman daughter out of taking ROTC though.

The particular postings he made however, show that he is an exclusion type of homophobe. That's simply a lack of intelligence, you are never going to change hearts and minds to conform to your beliefs by excluding them and making them 2nd-class citizens. With this kind of attitude, should he be in the position where he has the ability to teach teens this kind of behavior is OK?
What

Ozark, MO

#2 Jul 31, 2012
Not much of what you said makes sense. Could you at least post a link to the articles you reference?
The fact that you are against what he said makes me think he is probably on the right track.
MrsTrish

Willow Springs, MO

#3 Jul 31, 2012
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ronnie-L-White...

Facebook page. Articles are posted.

Great, so when a student kills themselves (happens everyday in America) because they are bullied by anti-zealots, I won't say I told you so. Hopefully, you will be able to figure it out on your own.
another moron

Kansas City, KS

#4 Jul 31, 2012
Mrs trish the term moron is you. homesexual choices are just that. They are a rebelion from the true nature of man and the bible. You seem to be a supporter of altenitave life style which is not for me or anyone else to judge. However in the end on that judgement day will be judge by God himself and clearly states in the bible that the things you bark about are that of sin nature. You should stay far away from children. It is due people like you that our society has turned into what it is now. Would I ever treat a gay as if they were not a person? No way....they are! Theyjust have made a choice to follow a life style that is not natural. They have the choice to do so but it is the responsibility of christians to share the word so to spread the word and show those who follow the wrong path that God is love and is more than willing to forgive them. Just the same as he will do for you. The term moron is not an attack on you but rather a statement to the decite you spread as you give into the lies and spread the work of the devil as trying to get people to be ok with sin.God loves you and you will reply and I may or may not answer for we are to avoid foolish arguing. I will not judge you and you may post at will but I pray your mind thinks of this while your heart absorbs it.....God loves you......so much he gave his son for you...to suffer......so that you might be save. You alone have the choice and you alone will have to satnd before him one day as will we all.
Observer

Ozark, MO

#5 Jul 31, 2012
MrsTrish wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/pages /Ronnie-L-White-for-East-Finle y-Precinct-Committeeman-R-2012 /148028208664279
Facebook page. Articles are posted.
Great, so when a student kills themselves (happens everyday in America) because they are bullied by anti-zealots, I won't say I told you so. Hopefully, you will be able to figure it out on your own.
Mrs Pot, meet Mrs. Kettle. You had the nerve to call someone else crazy? That has to fall under it takes one to know one.
Ronnie has a lot of good links on his fb. Great information about individuals' rights to not support gay marriage being trampled on by the minority. I don't see anything that says he is judging or telling people they should not be gay. Only that he thinks those who disagree have a right to their opinion also. More links are focused on the ridiculous direction the government is trying to force our schools and the number of schools falling right in line. Ozark schools have room for improvement, but the IB program is not what is needed.
MrsTrish

Willow Springs, MO

#6 Jul 31, 2012
Woah! Some of you have got some serious issues. The first post I made I said "Now, I don't care that he is a homophobe. That's his business" Which would mean I don't care he is a homophobe, that's his business.

The problem with today's society is that they somehow assume using tactics like denying gays business, or jobs, the ability to get married will someone how change their views.

Karen "Well, the state of Missouri won't let get married"

Sue "That sucks, what do you want to do about it?"

Karen "Well, I guess we have to quit being lesbians now"

Sue "Your right. Hey, is your brother seeing anyone?"

Has said no homosexual ever.

My problem is the fact that he is applauding exclusionary tactics, to deal with his issue. Again, showing a lack of intelligence I feel is needed for his role model role.

As far as the IB thing. I just laughed until I cried this morning when he posted an article saying that IB was bad because it excludes ideas.

Flip Flop Flip Flop.
voter

Sparta, MO

#7 Jul 31, 2012
Leave Mrs Trish alone,for once she's right.The guy is running for republican committee man.The Ron Paul supporters are challenging the old guard for their seats,a good thing if you ask me.
Mrstrish

Willow Springs, MO

#8 Jul 31, 2012
voter wrote:
Leave Mrs Trish alone,for once she's right.The guy is running for republican committee man.The Ron Paul supporters are challenging the old guard for their seats,a good thing if you ask me.
Are you saying he is a Ron Paul guy?
MrsTrish

Willow Springs, MO

#9 Aug 1, 2012
From one of the links he just posted on facebook:

Taxpayers once again are paying kids to go to school.

This summer isn't the first time the city has paid students to learn. The District allowed a Harvard University group to pay about 3,000 middle-school students up to $100 a month for good grades during the 2008-09 and 2009-10 school years. Grades overall didn't improve significantly.

Taxpayers are paying? How does that even work when the school allowed a private college to pay the money? SMH
Disagree

Ozark, MO

#10 Aug 1, 2012
MrsTrish wrote:
Woah! Some of you have got some serious issues. The first post I made I said "Now, I don't care that he is a homophobe. That's his business" Which would mean I don't care he is a homophobe, that's his business.
The problem with today's society is that they somehow assume using tactics like denying gays business, or jobs, the ability to get married will someone how change their views.
My problem is the fact that he is applauding exclusionary tactics, to deal with his issue. Again, showing a lack of intelligence I feel is needed for his role model role.
As far as the IB thing. I just laughed until I cried this morning when he posted an article saying that IB was bad because it excludes ideas.
Flip Flop Flip Flop.
By labeling him a homophobe, you are making it clear that you do care. Why is it not okay to call a gay person homo, but it is okay to call a straight person homophobic? See the double standard?
"Exclusionary tactics" are an individual's choice not to provide a service or goods to another individual. Small businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone. If a business chose not to serve skinheads or gang members, everyone would understand and applaud taking a stand. But because a business owner chooses not to serve a gay couple, the business owner is uneducated, intolerant and idiotic, therefore nobody should hear what they have to say. I realize there was a time in our history when businesses had to be forced to serve black people (back then they were black, not African-American). Women fought for equal rights and a lot of progress has been made. That doesn't mean a business has to serve an African-American gang member or a falling-down-drunk woman. The owner has a right to choose. Ronnie does a good job of pointing out all the times that individuals rights to their own beliefs are trampled on because their beliefs aren't in line with the main stream push for gay equality. If supporting gay marriage goes against your beliefs, you should not be forced to participate in the ceremony in any way. Whether it is to provide the cake for the ceremony or perform the ceremony. I didn't see anywhere that Ronnie said gays are bad or evil. Only that straights should have equal rights. If he is teaching our children to stand up for their personal beliefs, then he is in the perfect role. It doesn't sound like he is teaching anyone to exclude any ideas, just to respect each person's idea equally.
MrsTrish

Willow Springs, MO

#11 Aug 1, 2012
By labeling him a homophobe, you are making it clear that you do care. Why is it not okay to call a gay person homo, but it is okay to call a straight person homophobic? See the double standard?

I wasn't aware it was not OK to call a gay person a homo.

"Exclusionary tactics" are an individual's choice not to provide a service or goods to another individual. Small businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone. If a business chose not to serve skinheads or gang members, everyone would understand and applaud taking a stand

As a former business owner, that would have been a safety issue. Not a I don't like you because of your beliefs issue.

But because a business owner chooses not to serve a gay couple, the business owner is uneducated, intolerant and idiotic, therefore nobody should hear what they have to say.

That's not what I am saying. Again, you are not getting my point. You cannot love Christ and spread his message by exclusion therefore the whole religious argument goes out the window. Chick Fil A still serves and hires gays, I don't have a problem with them. So I know that I am taking a huge leap by saying his views are based on fear of things he doesn't understand (hey, I'm straight I don't understand homosexuals either but I don't hate on them) fear leads to bad things happen (history tells us that)

Let's say I opened a business and I refused to serve Christians, because I don't believe as they do. No one in their right mind would find that OK.
Disagree

Ozark, MO

#12 Aug 1, 2012
Nobody thinks you are in your right mind anyway.
Besides that, it would still be your choice not to serve christians. You may worship the devil and feel christians are contaminated. You have that right. You should be able to choose not to serve someone if you want.

Gang members have their own set of beliefs. If they are not breaking the law or acting dangerously, there is no reason to think they are a safety issue. You would be refusing service because of what you think might happen because of their beliefs.

Because someone believes gays should not get married does not mean they hate gays or are not christ like. When you tell your children not to do something dangerous, it is because you care, not because you hate them. In many people's minds, gay marriage is dangerous to the soul. How many people have tried to save a drug addict who is not ready to be saved? If you love that drug addict, you keep trying even when they don't want your help. For many christians, it is a similar feeling. Trying to save lost souls is the epitomy of being christ like. They care about their family, their neighbors, and the future and perceive a very dangerous evil taking hold. They may be completely wrong, but it doesn't mean they are hateful. Even if they are wrong, they are entitled to their beliefs and their freedom to say what they believe.
MrsTrish

Willow Springs, MO

#13 Aug 1, 2012
Nobody thinks you are in your right mind anyway.

Does anyone else notice that the insults are not coming from me?

Gang members have their own set of beliefs. If they are not breaking the law or acting dangerously, there is no reason to think they are a safety issue. You would be refusing service because of what you think might happen because of their beliefs.

Are you serious?

Even if they are wrong, they are entitled to their beliefs and their freedom to say what they believe.

He is more than entitled to his belief and have the freedom to say what ever he would like.

Say, he goes on a rant (rants are not bad they are just rants) about how gays are going to burn in hell, blah blah blah. Gay kid (they exist within the schools in Ozark right or wrong, they exist) is teased mercifully that afternoon, goes home and kill herself.

What would you say?
Disagree

Ozark, MO

#14 Aug 3, 2012
MrsTrish wrote:
Say, he goes on a rant (rants are not bad they are just rants) about how gays are going to burn in hell, blah blah blah. Gay kid (they exist within the schools in Ozark right or wrong, they exist) is teased mercifully that afternoon, goes home and kill herself.
What would you say?
What gives any impression that he would go on any rant about gay people going to hell or anything else? He has only shown he believes people have the right to say they don't believe gay marriage should be legal. Nothing hurtful or negative about that.
MrsTrish

Willow Springs, MO

#15 Aug 6, 2012
Disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
What gives any impression that he would go on any rant about gay people going to hell or anything else? He has only shown he believes people have the right to say they don't believe gay marriage should be legal. Nothing hurtful or negative about that.
Again, his proactive stance, congratulating a store for refusing the business of a gay couple, is far deeper than freedom of speech. Everyone has a right to say what they think, if your going to act on those words, then it becomes a problem.
MrsTrish

Willow Springs, MO

#16 Aug 6, 2012
Back to this:

The problem with today's society is that they somehow assume using tactics like denying gays business, or jobs, the ability to get married will someone how change their views.

Karen "Well, the state of Missouri won't let get married"

Sue "That sucks, what do you want to do about it?"

Karen "Well, I guess we have to quit being lesbians now"

Sue "Your right. Hey, is your brother seeing anyone?"

Has said no homosexual ever.

My problem is the fact that he is applauding exclusionary tactics, to deal with his issue. Again, showing a lack of intelligence I feel is needed for his role model role.
Disagree

Reeds Spring, MO

#17 Aug 6, 2012
MrsTrish wrote:
Back to this:
The problem with today's society is that they somehow assume using tactics like denying gays business, or jobs, the ability to get married will someone how change their views.
Karen "Well, the state of Missouri won't let get married"
Sue "That sucks, what do you want to do about it?"
Karen "Well, I guess we have to quit being lesbians now"
Sue "Your right. Hey, is your brother seeing anyone?"
Has said no homosexual ever.
My problem is the fact that he is applauding exclusionary tactics, to deal with his issue. Again, showing a lack of intelligence I feel is needed for his role model role.
Nobody has said these tactics are intended to change gays' views. These tactics are simply people living as they believe they should live. If your belief is living as a gay couple is a sin, then legalizing gay marriage would be in conflict with your beliefs. The law should represent the will of the people. If more people believe gay marriage should not be legal than believe it should, then it should not be legal. Same stance you are takig on legalizing pot. You want to leave it to a vote of the people. Why should gay marriage be different? The fact that a teacher applauds individuals for standing up for their beliefs, does not make him a bad role model. I wish our kids had more role models like him. Besides all of that, shouldn't a legal marriage contract really just be a domestic partnership contract completely seperate from the wedding ceremony? Partnership contracts should spell out what is being agreed to in a marriage. Legally binding each other to debt, ability to make medical decisions for each other, responsibility of medical costs, inheritance, shared property ownership, shared income, etc. If this is what a marriage license entailed, we might have a lot less divorce. Shouldn't people be allowed to enter into as many legal partnerships as they would like? Many people have multiple business partners.
As the current young generation ages, the question of gay marriage will become a non-issue. Children today are raised to think gay is normal and even 'cool'. When they are the adults whose majority opinion matters, gay marriage will be legal without any fight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Luna Lifetime Judge (May '15) Oct 8 Xxx 21
Rice and roll Oct 6 Curious 1
Heather aust ozark mo science teacher warning... Oct 3 Heartbreaker 3
Sparta water rates (Sep '10) Sep 26 Your name 141
News Auditor Galloway issues follow-up report after ... Sep '17 Poo starter 7
Historical Zoning Aug '17 DAVID 2
Nixa Public Schools Aug '17 Anonymous 1

Ozark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ozark Mortgages